Saturday, December 30, 2023

share 4 somethings, December 2023

 


Happy Saturday, friends and welcome to my monthly Saturday bonus post, where I talk about things I loved, learned, read, ate and/or enjoyed this month. I hope you join in with the lot of us this month, we'd love to have you! I'll jump right in. 


Some things I've loved this month were times wrapped up with family and friends. Not only am I immensely thankful for my family, I am usually overwhelmingly grateful for friends that feel like family. My best friend and I were talking about this very thing yesterday. What a gift godly friends are to me! I literally don't know where I'd be in life without them. (We surprised Mom with this picture of us girls for Christmas. Didn't it turn out beautifully?)





Some things I've learned this month have to do with the holidays and rushing around. I've learned (remembered, really) that things don't have to be the same each year or even an attempt at perfect. It's good to let go of the stress of expectations and just let things be however they're going to be. There is such freedom in this!  


Something I read this month was a book by an author I've never read before! The book was Yours Truly by Abby Jimenez. Actually, this was only one of the two books that I read this month. 



I loved this book and thought it was laugh-out-loud funny. I even shared part of it with my husband and he cracked up as well. Why have I never read this author??? 


The other book that I read was a Christmas gift, and I read it cover to cover and made notes of which recipes I'm going to try soon.



I seriously love Ree Drummond! I've loved her since before she was on The Food Network, back when she was only writing on her blog. 


Something I ate this month was sushi! I love to have nontraditional meals during Thanksgiving and Christmas, because I can't take all the heavy foods and side dishes. I love that for one day, but then I'm done. We had sushi the night that the guys came over for our impromptu family dinner and birthday celebration this week. I also had it at least once this month with my mom, at our favorite Japanese restaurant, Osaka. We love their tornado rolls! 


And now it's time for the prompts for Share 4 Somethings for 2024! Just a reminder that we keep these the same all year so that we'll have this to look back on someday. I don't know about you, but I love to reminisce on how personal growth has taken place in me each year. I hope you feel the same and find these prompts fun and easy to write about each month! In 2024 we'll be sharing some things we've loved and/or disliked, accomplished, some things we've improved upon and/or that need improvement, and noticed (either in our own lives or around town). And you know what? If ever you're not feeling any of these prompts, feel free to make your own and still link up with us. There are no strict rules in this! Here's a fun new image in case you want to use it with me this coming year. 




Thanks for reading my blog and for linking up today, friends! Love to all. 


P.s. I made a bonus post yesterday, and I'll be back tomorrow, so I hope you come back to read those! Here's a link for my favorite books of 2023. I've said it before, that these year end posts are my favorite! 🖤🖤 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

23 comments:

  1. Amy is back in the blog world! I got home at 10 pm last night! It feels so good to wake in my own humble abode and do my blog routine complete with candle and coffee. Ahhh, there's no place like home. I feel so behind and out of it, but I've missed you, friend! Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photo you gave your mom. As a mom of older daughters, that's a gift I would treasure forever.

    I appreciate you hosting us into 2024 and coming up with yearly prompts. These new ones are as fantastic as the ones we just finished. I'll look forward to working with them. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy! I've missed you too, my friend! I cannot wait to hear more about your trip and all the little detailed things. I am like you -- as much as I love being able to travel from time to time, there is no place like home. I love being here the most! Happy new year to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for those kind words, Lisa! The gift is from all of us, and I know it would be something I'd cherish forever as well. I'm so glad you liked the prompts this year and the ones for 2024. I try to make them easy to write about, so that means a lot that you're good with them. Happy Saturday to you, friend, and thanks for joining us today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, my friend! I love the photo of you and your sisters! It is beautiful. I am one of five girls myself! Happy and Blessed New Year! I look forward to spending time here with you in 2024.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That photo of you 4 girls is fantastic and I bet your mom just loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for hosting Share4Somethings. I so enjoy writing these every month and also reading and seeing what others have been doing. Looking forward to continuing this in 2024. I hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great picture! We made some new tradtions this year too. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why did I think you were stopping the link up? Very happy to read that I was wrong. I love the little monthly review. I can already see I'm going to need to work on one of those prompts. Good changes.
    And I love the friends that are like family. They're what makes life so very worth living.
    Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a great photo of the four of you and I'm sure it will be a much treasured gift. There's something about being a mom of adults - one of the things I love most is family photos! Have a very happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Billie Jo! We're all so pleased with how it turned out. I'm looking forward to that as well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Cathy! I always look forward to this post as well. I'm so glad you enjoy the prompts!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, Marilyn! I love that you all had a good trip together.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lydia, I'm so glad you'll be joining us again in 2024! I am also going to need to work on one of these prompts. You are so right! I love that too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks, Kym! I would agree with your assessment!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am behind on all the things, including year end posts. But, maybe I will catch up this week. That is a lovely picture of you and your sisters, a great gift for your mom. Sounds like December was a great month and I look forward to linking up again in 2024 :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you, Cindy! I'm so glad you'll be joining us again in 2024!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I’ve been a little hit or miss posting each month but I’m so glad you are going to keep the linkup going next year. I love the new prompts, especially “something observed.” Happy New Year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like you had a great month! Love the picture of you and your sisters. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lois, I'm so glad you'll be joining us again this year! Thanks for that encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you, Pam! Happy new year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks so much for keeping this link party (or whatever it is properly called) going. I look forward to joining each month in the new year! I love that photo you gifted your mom. I know she does too:) And I can't believe you only read two books last month...you really were busy with all the Christmas cheer:) Thanks again -

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Share 4 Somethings

  Happy Saturday, friends! Welcome to the April edition of S4S where we'll be talking about somethings we've  loved  or  disliked , ...