Wednesday, January 11, 2023

What's working for me right now- words I'm living by in January

 


Happy Wednesday, friends! I am going to be sharing this type of post at least once a month on my blog in 2023. I was inspired by two different things: the first is Anne Bogel and her blog, Modern Mrs. Darcy, where she shares a monthly post titled "What Works for Me". The second thing that inspired me is Pinterest and a board I have there that I titled, Words to Live By. If you want to follow me on Pinterest, click here. If you want to see that board, click here. Before I jump in, know that I love to be inspiring, but I also love to be inspired. Because of that, the idea for this series and today's post was born. As much as I love to be inspired by people and quotes, my greatest inspiration comes from the living and active word of God. That's why I shared the picture at the beginning with the verse Jeremiah 33:3, which I'm currently memorizing. I've learned that my relationship with Jesus is what most inspires and motivates me, and when I take care of that one relationship, everything else in my life falls into place. 


That reminds me of this illustration—spiritual wellbeing leads to mental wellbeing, which leads to emotional wellbeing, which leads to physical wellbeing. It's also like this: your mind is what is most important, which then overflows to your physical body. I'm no phycologist, but I would almost be willing to bet that this has been proved true in some medical journal somewhere. I love this image that I found on Pinterest and added it to my board titled "being healthy". It reminds me of being organized in every area of my life: spiritually, emotionally, physically. 



That being said, I'll jump in with what else is inspiring me and why it's working for me right now.




This saying above is what I basically said on Monday's post: I am grateful for where I'm at right now at this present time, but I am excited about where I'm going next. If you missed that post, click here. I shared a major life update on that post and will share more about it and part of my testimony on another post for a different day. I'm still processing it all in my mind! 



I don't know if you remember when I posted about things I'm currently doing in January, but I shared about how in 2023, I am resolving to say yes to new things this year, things that are hard, and things that scare me. It's time for me to get out of my comfort zone and to shake things up a little, and I'm excited to start that in the next few weeks! Go back to Monday's post that I linked above and read more about what's going on if you missed it and to get caught up. And by the way, I had written that Currently blog post before I knew anything about getting a new job! 


The saying above also reminds me of how it's good for us take a step out in faith. I've always read about that in the Bible, like in the Old Testament story of a young (and later king) David, and how in spite of his small stature, he was the only one who volunteered to fight the giant Goliath. The king at that time (Saul) tried to give young David his own protective gear, but it was bulky and big on David's smaller frame. So, David took it off, went toward Goliath with only his sling and some smooth pebbles he probably picked up on his way or from a body of water, and shot the giant with a pebble that landed between his eyes. Goliath was knocked out, and David killed this enemy of the Israelites after he was down on the ground. If David hadn't taken that step out in faith, the Israelites most likely would have been killed by Goliath and the army of enemies around them. As it was, when David killed him, it scared the evil army, and they retreated.


Sometimes we have to take a step of faith, even if we're unsure of how it will all turn out. That is the illustration that the Lord Jesus is using in my life right now. I'm thankful for all that He is teaching me throughout the process. Maybe these words are resonating with you today. I am always here if that's the case and you'd like to talk more about how to trust the Lord. You can leave a comment here or email me at allboys@gmail.com. I'm also on Instagram, and you can find me there by clicking here

I'll wrap this up with some of my favorite verses from Proverbs.




Thanks for reading my blog, friends! Love to all. ❤



************************************************************************

I am linking up with Shay and Erika for this blog post. 


16 comments:

  1. Great post. I have really worked on my mental health this year. Thank you for the inspiration to keep prioritizing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Amy! That is great that you have done that. I can actually say the same, because I'm prioritizing spending time with Jesus in my life. I've done that for many years now, but recently I've spent more time praying. I was reading the Bible, but the prayer portion was what I was skimming over, or hardly at all. I've taken to saying "thank you" to the Lord more often recently...and instead of asking for things, I'm just thanking Him for everything.

    Have a great day today, my friend. ❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. The verse from Proverbs is my favourite too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great words, Jennifer! The Lord does ask us to step out of our comfort zone, so he can step in and be our strength. Sometimes I wonder if we are a society who has become so self-sufficient, that we don't call on him as much, until a tragedy strikes. All the more reason to work on our foundation, while we can, so we can stand firm when the rain comes.

    Have a beautiful day, my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful words to live by- Amen Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed reading your encouraging post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great image of words that is! Several of those have helped and several other things I need to work on to improve.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much wisdom and encouragement in one post! I love this type of post...and hope it will be a "regular feature." You definitely have the gift of encouragement and it is wonderful to see you use it here on the blog! I would agree that I have gotten a tad comfortable in my comfort zone (ha - no pun there) and it is time for the Lord to stretch me and challenge me!!

    I will send you an email later this week. God has been answering prayers:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Debbie! You are so right. I've been thinking of the verses that Paul wrote talking about how in his weakness, the Lord is strong and that His grace is sufficient. I've turned that into a prayer regarding all of my life right now! Thanks for the encouragement, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, Marilyn! I agree with you and feel the same way. I am a continual work in progress. Thank God for His grace and mercy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, Jennifer! It will be.😉 I would say out of all that I write, this is also my favorite type of post. And I do love to encourage others! Exhortation is one of my top spiritual gifts! I felt that same way and now look at all the Lord is doing. He definitely hears our prayers. 🙌

    I'll be looking forward to your email this week! Take care, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your posts are always so uplifting! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Share Your Shelf!

  Happy Thursday and bonus post day, friends! I'm joining up with Joanne , Tanya , and Marilyn to talk about the great books I read thi...