Monday, October 24, 2022

Share Four Somethings- October 2022

 


Happy Monday, friends! Because I didn't have much of a weekend, I'm skipping over my usual Hello Monday/weekending post, since I spent the weekend preparing to travel, then traveling. I am linking up with those sweet ladies anyway, though...Holly and Sarah. And then our host of Share Four Somethings every month is Heather


Before I start, if you want to read where and why I traveled for the last eight days, you can go back and read my posts from last week. I shared on Monday, Tuesday and Friday about where I was and what I was doing. Moving on now....here is what I loved, gleaned, saved and achieved this month. 


Loved:



I loved seeing family! I always love that. My niece Erika has two sets of identical twins- Kinsley and Kylie are five and Madi and Macy are two. Aren't they precious?




I have loved seeing leaves fall, trees change colors and family dinner nights! 




And I loved celebrating twenty six years of us with a special night out at our favorite restaurant, complete with an appetizer, cocktails and dessert. 


Gleaned:


I gleaned (once again) that I am no longer a nervous person. In four weeks time, I flew on six different planes and I wasn't nervous on any of them. I am so thankful for this! I feel like the Lord has taken that away from me and I want to give Him the honor for that He deserves. Now, on that last flight I did get nauseous, but even so, I wasn't nervous at all. In fact, the little girl next to me was nervous, so I talked to her most of the flight in order to help her be distracted. 



Saved:


I saved money by not buying anything while I visited this adorable bookstore last week. I was going to purchase something to support a local indie bookstore, but I never could make a decision, so I saved my money. I am always saving money by borrowing books on Kindle Unlimited and by using my Libby app for our local library. I still love my Kindle and read exclusively on that these days. 


Achieved:


I achieved being able to stay caught up on my Bible study homework despite my travels. This is a big deal, because usually I get behind. Not only was I out of town, there was also a week of fall break in there, so this will be the first time in three weeks that I will see my small group and be there in person. 



I tried to use my time wisely while I was out of town. 


Thanks for reading my blog, friends! Just a reminder that next month's Currently post will be next Wednesday, November 2nd. We'll be talking about what we're currently borrowing, buying, planning, prepping and reading. I hope you'll make plans to join us, it's a fun day of blog reading. Love to all! 


9 comments:

  1. Yay for your bravery on your flights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That made me laugh, but thanks, Marilyn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes you are SO BRAVE- flying that often is good stuff- you are seeing places and making memories- love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never heard of one person having 2 sets of identical twins! A double blessing and they are SO cute!!!! I used to think way before I had kids that it would be great to have twins and I thank God I didn't have twins, I don't think I could have handled it. I think I liked the idea more than the reality. I don't have shelf control when I go into a bookstore, LOL! It's very rare for me to walk in and walk out with nothing. It's easier for chain bookstores with regular prices, but a used bookstore, forget it, I will have something!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cindy, I don't know that I have either! Thanks for that...it was fun and busy when I visited her. I can understand why! I am usually that same way in a used bookstore! I still can't believe I didn't buy anything. I wish I had, but I was so distracted. I was talking to one of my sisters most of the time I was in there, because another of my sisters had just been diagnosed with shingles. I'll just blame it on that, but I'm kind of mad at myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray for using your time wisely!! Good for you....and for flying without nerves. I'm not exactly afraid of flying but the whole process is incredibly stressful for me. TSA ruins me....and has made traveling as a whole something I want to do less and less of. Sigh (and I have so many places I really would like to visit!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Jennifer! I was VERY encouraged by that. It used to be that for me as well, but something has changed. I'm so thankful for that! I do feel the same about TSA...I just try to be as friendly and kind as humanly possible and hope that makes a difference for them. Sometimes it does, sometimes it does not. I will say that after flying out of Denver, I felt like I'd been mauled by the TSA agent who had to give me a pat down. I made my husband laugh when I told him this. I wasn't as amused, but both the agent and I shared a good laugh over it when I mentioned how her job isn't awkward at all. 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your anniversary, and on being brave - and helpful - on those flights!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Currently: the happy May edition

  Happy Wednesday, and happy MAY!! I'm so excited that it's this time of year and that summer is so close that I can almost taste it...