Monday, October 17, 2022

weekending/Hello Monday

 


Happy Monday, friends! I'm linking up with Sarah and Holly for today's post. I'm posting from Colorado this morning, so I will include some of the scenery that makes it so beautiful here. I'll back up and start from Friday before that. 


My dad came over as usual on Friday. I had lots of errands to run again, so we ate lunch on the town square, then I ran my errands there as well. One of them involved me picking up my paycheck, so this was a convenient spot to eat lunch. It was good! We had my favorite—Lost Pizza. We shared a small pizza and a Greek salad. I hope my family remembers that it's there at home for them to have the leftovers. I forgot to remind them before I left.



I didn't wear this outfit on Friday, but I wore it one day last week and forgot to share. I love this shirt! I've been wanting a denim shirt and I found this while I was out with Mom last Wednesday. It was a Marshall's find. I also still love these Hey Dudes casual shoes I bought before I left for Cape Cod. I can walk in airports and for short distances in them, all without them hurting my feet. The bonus is that they're cute. Because I've broken my left foot twice in the same bone, I cannot wear tennis shoes. They feel too constricting over the top of my foot and everything I've tried in the years since that injury hurts that foot. You see my conundrum. 


After Dad left, I made a quick run to the grocery store, then came home to feed the dogs, myself and to settle into the evening. Todd worked that night, so I caught up on Chesapeake Shores and then I watched a Good Witch movie. I can't believe I've never seen those! I'm going in chronological order. It was a quiet night, with Jonah and Noah out. Graham was home, but he was practicing up on his polishing skills and was working on an old wheel that someone gave him for that purpose. 


Saturday was the gloomiest day! Also, I didn't leave Memphis until after five, and I would much prefer a morning flight. The time went on and on, I didn't feel great, because it was storming outside and it was making my sinuses act up. That did finally pass and the weather cleared in time for me to leave almost on time. I was so glad to finally be at the airport—I hate goodbyes and always feel a little sad when I leave. I didn't cry, but I was very emotional and teary. It never helps when you have dogs that know what's going on and want to cuddle all day to try to talk you out of leaving. 



I landed in Denver right before seven, and Debi was there to pick me up. We met Lisa at Panera Bread for a quick dinner before coming to Debi's house, where I was quickly briefed on all things pertaining to their animals that I'll be staying with all week while they're on vacation. We went to bed not too long after I got there, because they had a very early morning flight. 






Cowboy and I were up around five, so I enjoyed some coffee and tv before starting the day. My sister Lisa took them to the airport, so she came back here to sleep a little longer, then after I got dressed, I followed her to her house. I made myself at home and read my book while she got dressed and while waiting on my niece Erika and her four girls to get there. We had a fun afternoon with them playing, eating lunch, then when Erika took her two younger girls home for naps, Kinsley, Kylie and I painted pumpkins. 







I came home shortly after our pumpkin painting to check on my Buddy and ended up falling asleep on the couch. Cowboy laid beside me on the floor while I napped. I took a shower, washed some clothes and ate pizza for dinner. It was a quiet night staying here and I went to bed early, because I'm still tired. 🤣



Today I'm seeing my sister, my nephew and probably my niece and her sweet girls again. The older two just so happen to be on fall break this week, so I look forward to doing a few fun things with them while they're on break! So how was your weekend? I'd love to hear from you! Thanks for reading my blog, friends. Love to all! 




20 comments:

  1. How fun! So you are dogsitting and enjoying your other sister's family! I bet the leaves are really pretty there. I hope you have great weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, I am! It made sense for me to come and do that, because everyone else has so much going on that it would have been almost impossible for them to devote time to Cowboy. You know I love dogs, so it was a perfect solution. The leaves are GORGEOUS! I'm going to try to find a spot to stop and take some pictures today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maria, YES! It's such a pain...literally. I've kind of gotten used to it, but my only issue is having shoes to walk in. It limits me on what I can do, but I also found another pair of slip on tennis shoe style shoes that are good for walking on my treadmill. As long as I can at least do that, I'm good.

    Thanks, friend! The weather here is idyllic, so I'm looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful time of catching up with family. I love the pumpkin painting activity. How fun! I have never watched a Good Witch movie before but I think they’re on Netflix so I should give them a go. Hope you have a wonderful week in Colorado.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Ruth! It sure has been nice so far. I used to do pumpkin painting with my sons when they were too little to enjoy the carving. It's fun! You should definitely watch those, if you can find them. They're the perfect fall thing to watch. I hope your week is great too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful weekend spent with family and fun!! Those girls are precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you have lots of fun with the dogs and with the family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome weekend Jennifer- hope you enjoy every minute with your fam!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I hope it's a great day and week for you in Colorado! I know you are enjoying family time, especially with the little greats :). I like your denim shirt, which is perfect for fall. I watched the last Chesapeake Shores and teared up multiple times during the show. I lvoed the finale, but am sad to see it go.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you have a great time in Colorado. It sounds like a nice mix of family time and time for yourself. I agree about preferring a morning flight.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hoping you have a wonderful time on the rest of your trip; sounds like it is off to a wonderful start!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sounds like a perfect start to the week! Sweet animals and such cute nieces...what more could you ask for!!? Glad you are able to blog (and take us along) even while away! Have a wonderful time!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, Marilyn! I hope I get to see them more...unfortunately, they're all sick right now. Sick enough that I don't think I can be around them. I feel so bad for them all! I hope and pray they make a big turnaround in a day or two. I would hate to not see them anymore while I'm here!

    I can't wait to watch it! I may do that tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, Jennifer! I agree, it's the perfect start to what is hopefully a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We're always sad to leave our pup too! Looks like a great start to your trip!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Share Your Shelf!

  Happy Thursday and bonus post day, friends! I'm joining up with Joanne , Tanya , and Marilyn to talk about the great books I read thi...