Monday, February 19, 2024

Hello Monday

 


Happy Monday, friends! I'm linking up with Holly and Sarah for today's post. I hope you had a good weekend! Mine was so, so good. Don't you love it when weekends turn out like that? 


Mine started off Friday with getting our house back in order for the weekend. I am one of those weirdos that like to do this kind of thing every Friday and Monday. I like to start and end each weekend with a clean house! I caught up on laundry and other chores that were neglected this week, then I washed all the dog blankets and pillow covers and got everything situated again by the time my dad showed up. It was the first time he's been here in over a month! It was so good to have him over again. We drove to Costco so that I could fill up my gas tank, then we grabbed Chick Fil A and brought it here to eat. 



It was so good to have him here again! Our afternoon went by really quickly, and it was wonderful. There are days when the old version of my Dad is right there under the surface, and then there are days like Friday when he is like Dad before dementia. I love it when I get glimpses of that! Needless to say, our day was really good; we laughed, we talked and caught up, we listened to music, then Jonah drove him home. There was a big youth event at our church this weekend, so Todd was there all weekend long. It started Friday night, went through Saturday, and ended yesterday. I was home alone on Friday night because of that, so I had this for dinner and watched a movie. 


Also, for accountability purposes, I'm telling you that I have gained some of the weight I'd lost back in the last couple of months. I had a talk with the Lord about this today as I got dressed for church. (You know I write most of these posts on the weekends.) I asked for His help in doing this and I made yesterday the 18th the day that I'm getting my act together once again. No more cheating and mindlessly grabbing a cookie here or there. I'm going back to as close to gluten free as possible, and low sugar. I'll keep drinking my coffee the way I like it, with the real creamers, but that's going to be my only concession. Everything else I'm giving up again. Please help hold me to this! 



Have you seen this movie?


It was good! I watched it on Netflix. On Saturday I went out with my mom and Trish. I found a few tops while I was at Marshall's, and I bought all three. I'll share them below.





I love them all! I really lean toward tops that can be worn almost all year long, which is why I do a lot of neutrals and three quarter length sleeves. I will get lots of wear out of all of these! 




I also needed a new journal and grabbed this one. Isn't it cute? I love the pink and red flowers that are shaped like hearts. 


When I got back home, I was super excited to see that an Amazon order that I'd made had been delivered. I've been wanting towel bars on the ends of two cabinets for years now, and while Todd wasn't opposed to that idea, he didn't love the thought of drilling into the cabinets. I can't blame him for that, but when I found these adhesive ones on Amazon, I ordered the two pack.




I promptly put them where I wanted them, and I'm so happy with how they look! This idea came from Andrea, so it's nothing original to me. That night I met up with Marilyn for a yummy dinner and some shopping! We always have fun when we're together, and I'm thankful we're friends that met through our blogs. 


Sunday was a low key day after church. I've had a weird thing going on with my eye this weekend, and keeping it open stung all of Saturday and Sunday. So, after church, I came home to rest for the afternoon. I think I may skip wearing makeup for a couple of days to see if that helps, because it definitely felt better after I showered and removed my eye makeup. Todd finally came home that day, and we ate leftovers and watched our show. Alex even came down for a while, and we enjoyed seeing and chatting with him. 


How was your weekend? What did you do that you loved? I'd love to hear from you! I wrote a bonus post on Saturday, in case you want to check that out. Here's a link for you! Thanks for reading my blog, friends. Love to all!



21 comments:

  1. I´m glad you had a nice time with your dad. I know that you don´t take spending time with him for granted. Cute clothes and who didn´t gain weight over the holidays?? I lost several pounds in early January and have since gained some back when I went ¨off the rails¨ since Alyssa´s birthday. Now it´s time to make better choices...While the process of losing weight is difficult, I ¨try¨ to embrace the discipline. Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before I forget, keep a bottle of Systane eye drops on hand. I think my eyes get dry from computer usage and in the spring from particles getting in my eyes. I have found these to really help.
    I'm so glad you had a nice day with your Dad Friday! That meal looks so good. I have not had any french fries since England/Scotland. But, I'm not doing great. I have had way too many sweets around. I would like to add one salad a day as the weather warms up. So, I'm right there with you! I am treating myself to a couple of meals out this week, but then I need to get back on track.
    I love, love, love the black and tan blouse! You will get a lot of use out of the solids, but my heart loves a print, as you know.
    I am so glad you had a wonderful weekend and finally feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Jennifer :)
    I just recently watched that movie and it was really cute!

    And on the weight gain - I feel you! I am skipping bread this week, in hopes I will make up for all the bread I've been eating lately! I don't know what's wrong with me! I remember, years ago, Reader's Digest had a series of articles titled "one thing" and it stuck with me as a way to eliminate those things that are causing you to gain weight. Basically, you choose one thing each week and keep adding another in weeks to come.

    My sister is a nutritionist, so her big push is eating protein with every meal. Apparently it's the secret to fueling your body, staying full and not snacking and getting off track.

    Plus, my goal is to walk every day, even if it's just up and down the driveway.

    I'll cheer you on, if you will cheer me on! :) I need someone to keep me motivated and it can't be my husband, because it annoys me when he does it :) hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maria, you are right! I try to not ever take those days for granted. I was so glad he was having a good day! That always helps. I feel you on what you said about embracing the discipline...I will take a note from you on that and try to do the same. I am never hungry when I eat better, it's just a matter of not giving into a craving the second it hits. If it persists I would have to have a bite of something, but usually those kinds of things go away with water. I know there will be ups and downs, but I've been making way too many bad choices lately. It's time to get it in gear again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy, thanks for that tip! I did have some of those Refresh Tears drops on hand, and it seemed to help when I used them. I was glad we had a good Friday together, too. It upsets me when he's frazzled when he gets here sometimes, but he was great on Friday.

    I know what you mean about all the sweet things...I am going to try to get a jump on losing some of this quickly by drinking an additional protein shake at lunch on some days. I did that yesterday, and it satisfied me until 2:30, then I made a high protein snack, and ate dinner at 6:15. Obviously, I won't do that everyday, but maybe three or four days a week will help me get a jump start again? It's worth trying. I'm excited about spring and summer foods! I love fruits and veggies and can't wait to have lots of them on hand again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning, Debbie! I know what you mean. My issue isn't bread lately, but sweets! I have to get back to low sugar, because I hate the way it makes me feel. I'm going shopping today at the grocery to figure out some things I can buy for myself to help satisfy that craving when they come, but usually I can do that by drinking a cup of coffee at night.

    I agree with your sister in law! I've noticed that when I eat enough protein, I feel satisfied all day long. That's why we use protein drinks and bars around here; I made a high protein snack yesterday that also satisfied me for four hours, and it pushed back my dinner time to almost 6:30, which is unheard of for me. Basically none of us are eating the protein we need! I read that we should be consuming about half our body weight in grams of protein each day. I don't know how true that is, but I know this is a big deal for women. I'd be interested to know what your sister in law says about that! If you find out, let me know?

    I will cheer you on and will appreciate you doing the same for me! Thanks for the encouragement, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m so glad you had a nice day with your daddy! That’s so sweet. I’m with you girl, I like to start the weekend with a nice tidy home! Your tops are so pretty, I love tops that can be worn year-round as well. I feel like it’s a good investment, lol. You look darling in them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love reading about your time with your Dad and so glad it was a great day for both of you! I think you look great Mama XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. The tops are so cute! Hanging out on Saturday night was a highlight for me. Hopefully we can all share some healthy snacking tips. I need to do the same thing! You are not alone! Have a good Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Andrea! Great minds think alike, right? I will be doing the same thing all over again today, since it's Monday. Ha! Thanks for that about the tops, and I agree. I like being able to wear stuff all year (or even most of the year), and thanks to our three warm seasons, I can usually get away with that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, Holly! For all of that. I hope your week gets off to a great start, my friend. Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Marilyn! It was a highlight for me too, my friend. We need to share snack ideas that are healthy! I thought of you this morning as I listened to the podcast you sent to us about Nashville...I added some ideas to our list!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We watched Queen Bees and enjoyed it. Sorry to hear about your eye, hope it clears up soon. Your towel bars are perfect since the weight of the tea towels is minimal.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, Pamela! I woke up today with it being so much better. I'm glad! I love the towel bars, and you're right! I hope your week gets started off great, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My coffee creamer is something I wont give up either. I'll give up FOOD before I give that up LOL
    Loving all your tops you tried on. I need to start on finding some cute spring ones!
    I'm also loving the towel holder additions!!!! You're making me think where I could put them in my kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have been wanting those towel bars (or that concept..lol) in my kitchen for so long....but didn't want to drill! I love yours! Do you have the link?? So glad you had a good day with your dad. What a blessing and great start to a good weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello! First of all, I would love to go shopping with you! You always find the prettiest, most fashionable, flattering outfits! I know just how much spending time with your dad means to you and how grateful you are when the dementia goes away for a bit. I am the exact same with my mom. It is a cruel disease. Have a cozy evening, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Rebecca Jo, RIGHT?! I feel you on that coffee creamer, my friend. Life is too short to drink coffee that I don't love! Thanks for the love on my new tops and the towel bars. You should try it, if you can think of where to add them!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jennifer, I'll try to remember to find a link and share it here tomorrow! That's funny that you have always wanted some of those too. My husband walked in and just asked, "Why?" It's funny, the difference between men and women! Thanks for that, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for that, Billie Jo! I would love to go shopping with you! I just know what I like and what looks the best on my body shape that also makes me feel good about myself. I rely on Pinterest a lot, and other bloggers to find the style that stands out to me. For instance, I know that the "skinny" version of jeans and pants may not be as in style as they were a few years ago, but I do think that's a classic look and the one that looks best on my short legs. I am short, only 5'3, so I know that those are what elongates me. Basically, I do the homework before I go shopping, and I only buy what I know I will love.

    You are so right about dementia! That's a good way to describe it, when the dementia goes away for a bit. It's a terrible thing to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  21. DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DbxcxcbIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIEbxc! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! xcb DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE!bcxDIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! bxcDIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DxcbxcbIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE!bxcxcb DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE!bxc DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! bxcIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE! DIE!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Share 4 Somethings

  Happy Saturday, friends! Welcome to the April edition of S4S where we'll be talking about somethings we've  loved  or  disliked , ...