Saturday, February 17, 2024

what's in my Amazon cart or on my wish list

 



Happy bonus blog post day! I was watching a movie last night and was inspired to share some things I am loving on Amazon right now. I hope this inspires you as well! You can click on each picture to be redirected to Amazon links.


I am always in need of new shoes, and most of you know I have pain in my feet all of the time. For that reason, I usually buy one or two pairs of good sandals each year for the summer season, and even to wear into the fall. Yes, I realize that might not be seasonally appropriate, but when it's warm, the sandals come out. I have found a brand that I love from a boutique shoe store in Memphis, and they're the same price on Amazon. Now that I know my size, I can order online to save myself the trouble of going into Memphis. Here are some that I am considering for this summer and that I added to my wish list on Amazon. (Do you do this? I add them to a wish list so that I can keep track of where to find them when it comes time to buy.) 





I love these sandals! Do you see all the flecks of color on the woven part across the toe and ankle? They would go with everything! I can personally attest to the durability and comfort of these shoes. I walked all over the island of Nantucket in a pair in the fall of 2022, so trust me, they're good for you no matter your job! 




I also love these! I know they are expensive, but I am a firm believer in quality shoes and cheaper clothing. I do have some quality pieces of clothing, don't get me wrong, but I'm way more likely to save there and spend the money on good shoes. Also? If your feet hurt, your whole body hurts. I'm considering these for Easter Sunday.




Lastly for shoes are these cute black ones. I have some cute black sandals that are the Dansko brand, but they feel like wooden clogs, they're so heavy. I need light and comfortable, but supportive. These shoes are all of that and more! Trust me. Have I convinced you yet? One last thing I love about them is that all of the straps are Velcro, but you can't tell. 




I really love these leggings. They have pockets! 




I love this dress! I'm considering it for Easter Sunday as well. The color options are endless! I also love it in the black and pink. Probably what will happen is that I'll order one, and if I like it, I'll order more in different colors. You all know how I love to live in dresses in the summer because of the heat; I don't see this changing anytime soon. 




We could stand to have new eating utensils, and I love these! 



We are on the verge of needing new dinner plates, salad plates, and bowls, and I love these white ones. I always, always, always recommend white plates and serving pieces; they're classic, and you can use them all year long and change the surrounding pieces for the holidays while still matching. Plus, food looks beautiful on white plates, and I am just nerdy enough to say that. 




I love the round bowls that are in the same group! We really, really need some new bowls.


Additionally, I have some books, slippers, and maybe one or two other things on my wish list right now. What do you have on yours? I'd love to hear from you! Thanks for reading my blog, friends. Love to all! 

12 comments:

  1. I absolutely love those shoes, and I put the first pair in my cart! I also believe you should always buy good shoes - don’t skimp on those! Gotta take care of your feet! My grandmother always told us that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan, you will love them! I can't wait to buy them for myself. It's such a true statement! My mom always taught me this, and she used to be the primary buyer of shoes for my boys. We couldn't afford such nice shoes back then, so this was always a generous thing for her to do for them. You'll have to let me know your thoughts on the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dishes! I'm a fan of plain white too, as you say, you can add color for any holiday/season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pamela, YES! I also love how pretty food looks on them. There's a reason why the restaurants use them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marilyn, right? I do too! I always get excited over the prospect of warmer weather and being able to wear shoes like that again. I'm hoping the weather is good enough for it while we're in Nashville!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also love having all white dishes. For the first 20 years of our marriage, we had a pattern with fruit around the edges. When we rebuilt after the hurricane, I switched to all white. Love the dress. It looks like it could also be a fun swim cover up. This was a fun post. have a blessed Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have all white dishes. I just think it is clean and classic. I am thinking about the leggings. I don’t have much on my wishlist right now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tanya, we are the same! We have white ones now, but they're handed down from my mine, and they're all chipping on the edges. When we picked out "china" for our wedding, we didn't pick out anything fancy, but we registered for some pottery type dishes that were all white with a trim of a blackish green. We still love them! Those are fun to use at Christmas, and I use them all the time. I'm glad we went with that simple dish, though. It's fun to think back on things we did like that! Thanks, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jen, yes! We love ours, but they are chipping really badly. They used to be my mom's, so they've had a nice, long life! I am enough of a foodie that I love seeing it on clean, white plates. That's one of those simple pleasures in life!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like that first pair of shoes, but noticed they do not come in half sizes. Do you recommend sizing up or sizing down?
    Our “china“ plates are all white, but our melamine ones are a fun pattern. I think I’ve had three different sets over the last 20 years… They are fairly cheap to replace when you get tired of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jennibell, I love them too! I think sizing down is a better option, because they do seem to run a tiny bit big. The straps are usually all adjustable, so that also helps. That is one fairly inexpensive way to change things out every so often!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

mighty oaks and streams of water

Happy Tuesday, friends!    I thought I'd talk about one of my favorite Psalms today and pick it apart. I'll tell you why I love it s...