Friday, July 8, 2022

Friday Favorites, 7.8.22.

 


Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with Erika and Andrea for today's blog post. How has your week been? Mine has been good. Do you feel like you're barely surviving the summer heat? I feel like that here where I live—we're going on week three of unseasonably high and consistent heat. On Tuesday night this week, around seven p.m., the heat index was 115 degrees. It's the season of living in the water and exchanging hot showers for cool ones. I've not been in any water this week and hope to remedy that next week.


Here are a few of my favorite things from this week.



Taking a road trip with Mom was so much fun! We never once ran out of things to say, imagine that. This little roadside stop in Andalusia, Alabama was our favorite stop of the trip.



We discovered how well we travel together and I know she loved being with her best friend. 




Looking back on memories like these are my favorite. When Graham and Drew were in high school, every summer we spent a week doing a mission project for the inner city of Memphis. We would stay at a school campus in that area, then every morning we would go and gather kids from the neighboring homes and give them a week's worth of VBS or backyard kids club. The kids would hear a Bible story, they would do a craft, play a game and they would eat lunch while we had them. We would drop them back off at home, go back to the school and eat lunch ourselves, then we would do a mission project each afternoon. It was an awesome thing to do each summer and so good for the youth to see that you don't have to go far away to live life on mission. This was called Street Reach. 




Christmas in July is definitely a favorite! I don't know why, either, except maybe because it's so hot here right now that it's fun to dream ahead to when it's cold at Christmas? I have no idea, but it works! Nobody does Christmas like Hallmark, but all the GAC movies are really great too. There's just less of them right now, but lots of Hallmark actors/actresses made the move and switched over to GAC.



Fireworks at a distance are my favorite. Our town puts on quite the show every year.



I love a lake view, or any body of water, but not only is it my favorite, it's Jonah's favorite as well. This was where he spent last weekend. We have a beautiful lake about an hour and a half away called Pickwick and he has a friend whose mom lives there on the lake. They take out jet skis and play on the water all day. 



Serving in the audio/visual booth is my favorite place to serve right now. I love being behind the scenes and seeing how things work. Our worship ministry has a photographer that takes pictures each week to share on our social media pages and I laughed when I saw this picture. It's the one time recently that I've been freezing cold and I had that fleece blanket around me when she took this. My sister said she just thought it was a patriotic shirt, but no. It's a blanket.



Sunsets in the country are my favorite!



Sushi takeout is our favorite! Todd and I had this for dinner on Wednesday. It's delicious! I love the spicy crawfish roll.



This dinner last night was a favorite as well! Costco has the best salad kits and I love how finely chopped the lettuce is. This was the Mediterranean kit and both Todd and I loved it, so I will definitely be buying more. They had lots of versions to choose from. That chicken you see was air fried with a corn meal topping and tasted pretty amazing as well. 



Wow, a fashion blogger I am not! But outfits like this one above are my favorite. It's so hot outside that I've been wearing dresses and shorts on repeat. The lighter and more flowy the top, the better. I love this one and forgot about it until I pulled it out to make a Costco run yesterday. I love these shorts I bought last year too—I bought them at Walmart the same day I found the tiered dresses that I love. 



Lastly, joy rides are a favorite for three of the dogs in our house. This is Chip and he rode like this all the way to Todd's parent's house. We had to return a vehicle to them and since they've been sick, we sat in the car while Todd ran the keys inside. It was an hour's worth of a ride and Chip and Crash were in doggy heaven. Oakley doesn't love it as much, but she was a good sport. And now my car needs vacuuming, which I'll do this morning.


In case you missed any of my posts this week, I'll include links below.


Tuesday and Tuesday. The first is a weekend recap and the second is Prime Purchases.

Wednesday.

Thursday.


Like I said, it's been a good week. What's a favorite thing from your week? I'd love to hear from you! Thanks for reading my blog, friends. Love to all. 



6 comments:

  1. That is a good picture of your dog! My brother's dog also loves to ride in the car. The truck/ flower picture in Alabama sure is pretty. Was it part of a shop or business? We are supposed to get rain today and I am here for it! Love a summer rain and a break from the sun's intensity. Sounds like it is quite a bit warmer where you are. I hope you have some relief from the temps this weekend. Have a great Friday, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Maria! I was laughing when I took this, because he rode just like this the whole time...mouth open with a smile and eyes squinted shut. He likes to smell the air that comes through the vents...crazy dog! Wasn't that cute? It was a little roadside market. They sell homemade food items like jams and granola, t-shirts, plants, garden sculptures...all kinds of things, really. You can also get lighter fare food and specialty coffee drinks there. It's such a cute little place and it's good to walk around some.

    I wish we had some rain in the forecast! We're needing it really badly...and I'm afraid the heat is here to stay...the high today is 102, then it's dipping down into the upper 90's. I know it's bad in Texas too, but I don't know that they have the humidity that we do, which is what makes the air quality poor. On Tuesday night, the heat index was 115 at 7p.m. It's NEVER that high that late in the day, but it was bad. I don't even want to know what the heat index is today! I'm scared to look. I'll be living indoors, though!

    Have a great weekend, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to go to Costco, so I will look for that kit. I like my lettuce very finely chopped, too. I need to buy another bag of their Bare nuggets. Have you tried those in the frozen section? So good! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whew! You guys have some heat there!!!!! I don't know if I could do it! Water would have to be my bff. :) I so thought that red blanket was actually a dress and I was going to comment about how much I liked it, LOL! Glad you and your mom had a great trip; she's adorable. Happy weekend, friend... I'm off to read your Prime purchases post; love those!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't tried those, Amy! I'll have to remember those and look for them the next time I'm there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bri- I KNOW! Now you know why my hubby always says he wants to move to Montana. 🤣 I hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Share 4 Somethings

  Happy Saturday, friends! Welcome to the April edition of S4S where we'll be talking about somethings we've  loved  or  disliked , ...