Friday, April 19, 2024

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

 



Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with Andrea and Erika for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been? Mine has been great! I hope you can say the same, friends. Here are a few of my favorites from this week...


Nashville sights, sounds, and foods were my favorite this week! 


















From fabulous bakeries to my favorite prayer space in Franklin and everything in between, it was such a fun weekend away with my blogging friends! In case you missed that post, here's the recap that I wrote on Tuesday.


My Bible reading has been some of my favorite past times this week. I'm reading mostly in 1 Samuel, and going back and forth between that and the book of Psalm, when David was running from king Saul to spare his own life. Just Wednesday morning I read one of my favorite verses...


God is my helper; the Lord is the sustainer of my life. (Psalm 54:4)




This cozy little space is my favorite "home away from home". Within this space I have met new friends and rekindled old friendships, prayer has happened, laughter has been abundant, tears have been shed, hugs have been given, encouragement flows freely whether from me encouraging someone or (more than likely) someone encouraging me. My Pastor has passed along Godly wisdom, and hopefully I've passed along some of that to someone else. I walked away on Wednesday with the lights on waiting for me to return that night feeling grateful. 




My friend Sheila recommended this study to me on Wednesday. Bible studies are my favorite; it's been ages since I've done a Bible study that I didn't help write. It feels good to do this right now at this time in life. I am really looking forward to this one! I'm not doing it with a group or anything, just on my own and at my own pace. 




On a lighter note, have you tried these chips?! They're my absolute favorite right now. 




The beautiful sky was my favorite as I walked out of church last night! As usual, this picture doesn't do it justice. 




After work on Thursday, I went to get my nails done and didn't come back home until after dinner. Todd and I met at our favorite Mexican restaurant and ran into one of my best friends for the second time while we were eating there. Andrea doesn't even live in my area, and yet I keep running into her! How funny is that? 




I don't know what it means about me, but I've been super neutral with my nails lately. It's been years since I've had a French manicure, but it just might be my new favorite. 


Another favorite from the week has been texting with one of the girls I used to mentor when she was in youth. She and I made plans to meet and catch up on Saturday, and I'm hoping she can help me with some techy things. I can't wait to meet with her! 


Did you catch my other blog posts this week? I'll link them below.


Tuesday was a girl's trip recap.
Wednesday was a hodgepodge of things.
Thursday was Thankful Thursday


What was a favorite of yours from the week? I'd love to hear from you! Thanks for reading my blog today, friends! Love to all. 




20 comments:

  1. I love the stores you went into! What was the space with all the armchairs and lamps? I love food pics! Love your nails! I may do a french press on. My nails have been bare for a couple of weeks and they look so bad! Happy Friday! Update on Todd?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were so cute! So that was on the Belle Meade Plantation property, and it was the ice house. They had it set up for a bourbon tasting! I guess that's all that they use it for now, but I thought it was so cool looking. (See what I did there?) Thanks for that! I can't get used to them, because they're really minimal feeling and neutral, but I do really love them. It's just so out of my normal! He is four weeks post op today and he's been released to start working again. He's back to lifting and everything, so he doesn't even have to return to the surgeon! Thank you for asking!

      Delete
  2. Your weekend plans sound nice! How fun to meet up with a friend- bonus for some practical help :). Enjoyed looking at your pictures from Nashville. Everything was so picturesque!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It will be fun, and I do really need some help. Ha! It's so beautiful there!

      Delete
  3. It's Amy, by the way - not sure why my name is not showing up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The nails are on point BUT your bookstore looks like the coziest place ever- awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much...for both of those compliments! That was definitely my goal in running the bookstore, and people do say that all the time, which is so nice to hear. I am having the best time with it still, even after almost eight months of being there!

      Delete
  5. Your nails look fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know the trip was my favorite for sure this week!! I really like your nails. They look so good. I am very intrigued with this bible study book. I will try to look it up, but let me know what you think. Happy Friday friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It was for me too. Thanks for that! I will keep you posted; I've done two days so far, and I like it! I'll give it another week and let you know, but if you want one, you should come get it from me. It's only $10. I'm fairly certain I have a few more. Happy Friday to you! I hope you enjoy your weekend!

      Delete
  7. It sounds like you had a fantastic get together with your blogging friends. Fab photos.
    This is the 2nd time today that I have seen something "Everything but the Bagel". I am thinking I am missing out on something good living in the UK. lol
    Your nails are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim! It was so much fun. Isn't that funny how you start seeing things so often like that? I love that actual seasoning flavor...I wonder if you could order some off of Amazon? It's good on everything - toast with avocado, bagels, pasta...the list is endless!

      Delete
  8. Oh I love a French manicure! That corner of your bookstore looks so nice and cozy and inviting. It's so wild to think that this time last week I was just stepping off the plane! The time really flew by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joanne! I always forget how much I like it as well. It's so natural looking, which I'm into right now. I know! It did pass all too quickly. I knew it would, though!

      Delete
  9. Love your French manicure! I think I could have spent the entire weekend in that bookstore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pamela! I feel the same about bookstores. I love them so much!

      Delete
  10. I love the French manicure...such a classic. The bookstore looks so cozy and inviting! I'm glad to hear (in previous comment) that Todd is doing well with recovery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tanya! I was aiming for that; it makes me happy to hear that other people think it looks like that. I know, I haven't updated on him for a while, but he's been released back to his full and active regimen. I'm so glad for that!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Share Your Shelf!

  Happy Thursday and bonus post day, friends! I'm joining up with Joanne , Tanya , and Marilyn to talk about the great books I read thi...