Friday, April 12, 2024

Friday Favorites, 4.12.2024.

 


Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with Andrea and Erika for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been? Mine has been great! I hope you can say the same, friends. Here are a few of my favorites from this week...




Saturdays with my mom are always my favorite! I treasure the time I spend with her. On that note, I miss my dad! It's been two weeks since I've seen him, and I think it's going to be one more before we resume (hopefully) our Fridays together. His back has been giving him fits, so much so that he can't ride in a vehicle. This happens at least once a year, but this time it's been worse. I do think he's getting minimally better, though, which I'm so glad to hear. 




I know I have mentioned this recently, but the artwork in my She Reads Truth Bible is my favorite. 





Watching it grow darker on Monday afternoon was my favorite, thanks to the eclipse that was taking place. I spent time in my backyard, because it felt amazing out! The breeze grew cool, the nighttime bugs started coming out, it was just incredible. I did look at the eclipse through the glasses that Todd and I were sharing, but I only wanted to sit outside and enjoy that feeling.   




Of course, then I had to find the blog post when the last time an eclipse took place, and I came across this and made myself laugh. Todd's brother Tim and his wife Tracy had no idea I was standing behind them. Also, this is the Tracy that got a heart transplant one year after this picture was taken. She's doing so great nowadays that they don't even meet their insurance deductible anymore! It's really a miracle. 





Thanks to Instagram reels, doodling has been my favorite recently. One of these was from Monday night, and the other was from work on Tuesday. I enjoy changing this sign in the bookstore each month! 




I took my Bible with me to work yesterday, and seeing this written inside was my favorite. I love his humor! This was from Graham. 



My gratitude journal is still a favorite part of my morning routine! I know I shared this yesterday, but I love having a separate journal just for this. I really love looking back on it as time goes on! 



This cauliflower pizza dinner was my favorite last night! This is something I could do weekly, truth be told. Both Todd and I enjoy it so much. It's so easy to change it up with toppings! He had buffalo chicken leftover from Wednesday night on his pizza, but mine was just spinach, cheese, and a sprinkling of real bacon bits. YUM! 



I get the crust from our Kroger, and this is the one I get. It's delicious! You just preheat the oven to 450 and then turn it down to 425 and bake it with the toppings for 8-12 minutes. (We do 10.) I used alfredo sauce as the base, then I added a dash of salt and several of garlic powder, and topped with lots of spinach, a bit of cheese, a few real bacon bits, and a couple of dashes of parmesan in the green bottle. It's one of our favorite dinners! 




Lastly, pictures like this from Graham were my favorite this week. He was in New Mexico all week for the sheriff's department, and there was nothing around them for miles and miles. This trip is one of the coolest ever, and they get to experience all kinds of amazing stuff that guys (and some girls) love. He's home now, safe and sound. 

Did you catch my other blog posts this week? I'll link them below.


Monday was Hello Monday, and the Share Our Lives link-up. It was a bonus post day!

Tuesday was all about interests, aesthetics, and things I love (according to Pinterest).

Wednesday was about favorite follows on social media, favorite shows, and books I'm looking forward to this spring and summer. 

Thursday was Thankful Thursday


I am on my way out of town for three nights today with my friends and fellow bloggers Marilyn, Tanya, and Joanne. We'll be in Nashville all weekend, and I won't be home until Monday afternoon. That being said, I don't think I will have a blog post published for Monday morning. Depending on how I feel or when I get home and unpacked and comfy again, I may write one that night, so be sure to check back at some point that day! 


What is something that was a favorite of yours this week? I'd love to hear from you! Thanks for reading my blog, friends. Love to all! 




18 comments:

  1. Have an amazing weekend! I'm so behind in commenting this week! Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Amy! We will, I'm sure. I'm excited! No worries, new puppies in the house trump everything for a bit, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that pizza crust this week and wondered if it was good, so glad to know your review. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to let me know what you think about the pizza crust! It's one of our favorite meals these days.

      Delete
  4. Oh that last photo is really beautiful! I love that throwback photo of you from the last eclipse too. It sounds like you have had a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't his picture amazing? It doesn't do it justice, what he showed me on his phone. Thanks for that! I made myself laugh hard over that pose. 🤣

      Delete
  5. The bookstore´s chalk sign is so pretty! I am not surprised because your handwriting is so pretty- of course your sign would be pretty ;). your pizza looks yummy. Have a great weekend- looking forward to hearing about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, my friend! We had so much fun! You were missed, and we talked about you- in a good way, of course. I hope you're hanging in there!

      Delete
  6. Love the note from your son- precious and have a wonderful time this weekend! Can't wait to read all about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Holly! I loved that too. He signed it after I picked it out with the gift card he gave me; I love knowing that he was the one who gave me the money to make the purchase.

      Delete
  7. I hope you have a great trip! It sounds like so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of fun favorites! I have to try a cauliflower crust.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry that your dad hasn't been great. I hope his back is feeling better soon. The feeling of the eclipse sounds amazing and that pizza looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kim! I think he's feeling better bit by bit. I'm so glad for this!

      Delete
  10. Thanks for the pizza crust recommendation. My husband always gets the frozen one from Costco and adds stuff to it - this might be a good alternative.
    Have so.much.fun this weekend!!! Thanks for sharing your week with us :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, Jenni! I think it would be a great alternative to buying one pre-made. Thanks for that! I appreciate you always commenting when you stop by to read!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Hello Monday

  Happy Monday, friends! I'm linking up with  Holly  and  Sarah  for today's post. I hope you had a good weekend! Mine was good, but...