Monday, March 18, 2024

Hello Monday

 


Happy Monday, friends! I'm linking up with Holly and Sarah for today's post. I hope you had a good weekend! Here were a few things that made me happy this weekend...




Spending about half an hour on Friday looking through old pictures made me so happy! I was looking for a specific photo and came away with some doozies. I love this one of Todd and me for my senior prom; check out the boat of a vehicle he was driving! It belonged to his parents, and was a Lincoln Towncar. 




Seeing Oakley lay in her happy position for almost an hour makes me smile! I love it when she does this. 




Finally watching this new(ish) movie made me happy, and so did the fact that I watched it at home for free and didn't spend money on it in the theater. It was good because of the backstory of all these movies, but it also somehow wasn't great. It was kind of sad starting out!




I guess bad movies was the theme this weekend, because this one was terrible when I watched it early on Saturday morning! I have to say, I don't love Lindsay Lohan anymore, and haven't for quite some time.




I found this picture on a page that I follow on social media; check out the gorgeous cherry blossom trees! This is a beautiful road in Memphis near the Dixon Art Gallery. 




You all know how much I love and appreciate beautiful architecture, and I loved this arched roof that I saw on Saturday when I went out with my mom. We went to a nearby town and shopped in a ritzy area for once. Well, I window shopped, but it was fun! 




I love all the mugs at Anthropologie!




Even their dressing rooms are beautiful!




We tried a new restaurant that was so cool inside, Local Lime. 




Our fresh guacamole and nacho bites with grilled chicken was incredible! We shared these two appetizers. 




I was so excited to come home and find that my dress had been delivered! I plan on wearing this to church on Easter Sunday; isn't it cute? I follow Mrs. Kari Clark on Instagram, and she shared about this dress one day last week. I promptly bought it with the understanding that I could always return it if I didn't love it once it arrived. I love it, though! Here's a link if you're interested; it comes in a bunch of colors. I love it so much that I immediately bought another one in a different color pattern. 




Here's a close up of the colors and print. It's a slight A-line dress with a tie at the neck and the fabric is viscose. It feels great on, and I plan on wearing it with saddle brown wedges. 



I ordered my favorite cheese pizza from Lost Pizza Co. and shared it with Graham for dinner; I watched episodes of my favorite show while I ate and worked on blog posts for the week. 


On Sunday we went to church dressed in our green, then I was back home for the rest of the day. Todd and Graham worked together that night, and Noah came home from Dallas. Jonah spent the day with his girlfriend out on their property in Mississippi, and I got to feed my Drew when he came home for a bit to borrow our lawnmower. It was a good day! I love it when I get to see all my people.



I always love an excuse to wear bright Kelly green! It's one of my favorite colors to wear. What did you do that you loved this weekend? I'd love to hear from you! Thanks for reading my blog, friends. Love to all! 




20 comments:

  1. That dress is so cute! I feel like I've considered buying it before but it was expensive for Amazon (lesson you are trying to learn, Amy - pay a bit more!) I may just have to get one. Looks great on you! Wondering if the yoke? would work in my chest region.
    I love the kitchen stuff at Anthro and the decor of that restaurant - swoon!
    How fun that you mixed it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kelly green dress is pretty as is the one you bought from Amazon. I have only bought one dress from Amazon and I didn´t like it so I have mentally crossed it off my list as a place from which to buy dresses. (Which doesn´t make a whole lot of sense but it is, as they say, what it is.) Your food from places out looks good. I feel like I could taste how good that pizza was! Glad you got to see your guys. Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Amy! I do love it and though it was a bit more, it wasn't what I would consider expensive for a dress. I think I paid $42 for it? That's a good question, and the good thing is that things are easy to return when they don't work. I would definitely take some measurements and then look at the size guide before buying.

    It was a fun Saturday, and it was beautiful! I love pretty places. I hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true about Anthropologie- such a pretty place to be. Love that dress too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Maria! I do that same kind of thing about crossing places off in my mind when they don't work. I love good food, and you are right about that pizza looking almost as good as it tastes. It's delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holly, yes! Thanks for that, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute dress! I love the mug display. I was going to watch Irish Wish but didn't get around to it, guess I won't bother now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so pretty in your new dress! And I totally forgot to wear green yesterday! Thank goodness no one noticed.

    I haven't been to an Anthropologie store in so long, but those mugs are amazing! I could buy that whole store (or desire to) :)

    Have a wonderful Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That dress is precious! I just love the aesthetics of Anthropologie. Yes, I heard that movie with Lindsay Lohan was not very good. What a shame. Did you know she and Jamie Lee Curtis are remaking Freaky Friday, I hope they do it justice. And I hope you my dear, have a wonderful week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Pamela! Yeah, I wouldn't bother with it, truthfully. I only half watched it while I did other things.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Debbie! I love those Anthro mugs. I almost bought one, but in all reality, I use the same mug every single day, so what's the point?? I talked myself out of it, needless to say. I could have dropped some money in that store if I'd wanted to; I loved everything!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Andrea! I love the store, too. I suppose all of them look kind of similar in that they have cool architectural elements throughout. I really appreciate a beautiful place! I hadn't heard that about them redoing Freaky Friday. I don't know that I'll watch it, because why mess with a good thing?

    ReplyDelete
  13. That food from Local Lime looks delicious! I will have to try it the next time I'm in Germantown!

    Also, love the new dress! I will have to check out that link too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rachel, you will have to try it when you're here again! That whole area is amazing; I don't go there very often, but it was fun to do something different this week. I hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We were looking through some old photos this weekend too; my mother in law dropped off a bunch of my husband as a young boy and then some baby photos of my kids that I had given away years ago and forgotten about.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the Easter dress...what a gorgeous pattern. Also thanks for the new Instagram follow. I love finding new accounts to follow. I went into Anthro recently to buy a gift and was so sad that they hardly had any dishes/towels etc on display anymore! I guess just some of the stores will carry it now. Hope you have a good start to the week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Joanne, I love that! I can get caught up in that for hours.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you, Tanya! I love it too. I like the second one I bought even more! I love following new IG accounts, too, so I'm glad you found her. That's sad about your Anthro!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have been wanting to try Local Lime, so glad to have a review. Maybe we can go there next time! I am glad to know your review of that Irish Wish movie, because I had thought about watching it. Love that dress and it looks so cute! I am looking it up now. Hope your week is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Marilyn, we should definitely go there next time! It was crazy busy for lunch on Saturday, but maybe on a week night it wouldn't be too bad. Thanks for the dress love! I hope your week has been good and that you've been soaking up all the time with Brooke at home!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Share 4 Somethings

  Happy Saturday, friends! Welcome to the April edition of S4S where we'll be talking about somethings we've  loved  or  disliked , ...