Thursday, February 15, 2024

Thankful Thursday, 2.15.24.

 


Happy Thursday, friends! I hope your week has been good so far, and that wherever you live, that you've seen the sunshine more often than not. It's been sunny here this week, and that's one thing I'm thankful for after days of it being dreary, weather wise. Thanks for linking up today! 


In my gratitude journal for this week, my first entry was that I am thankful for the Lord's mercies that are new every morning. I know I sound like a broken record by saying that all the time, but it's true. I don't ever want a day to go by without acknowledging His mercy, His grace, and His endless goodness. I love fresh starts for this reason, so that means I love a new day, a new week, a new month, a new season, a new year. Are you like me on this?

I am so thankful for friends who pray! And that I can pray for others, even people I don't know well or at all. I read some really sad news about a public figure whose book released on Tuesday, Jamie Ivey. Her husband was let go from his position at their church as worship leader as inappropriate texts and conversations were discovered between him and other men. This was heartbreaking to read about because this news will devastate their family. I can't imagine how she must feel right now as all of this came to light today! I took some time to pray for her; I wouldn't wish that anyone. I also have to say here that we are never immune to giving into sin. We must always be diligent in our faith for this reason. 


I'm thankful for a phone call from my best friend to catch up. She called me on Monday morning as she drove to work, and I had the thought of the fact that I am fortunate to have someone like her who calls me to check in! 


I'm thankful for a day out with my Mom on Monday! It was unexpected and it took place in the rain, but we didn't let that stop our fun. 


I am thankful for work conversations! I have so many conversations on any given day at work


I am thankful for how I'm reading through the Bible this year with The Bible Recap community. I am currently in Leviticus and having it read aloud to me while I follow along has been revolutionary! It's forced me to slow down and to really pay attention to each verse in the book so far. Leviticus is not my favorite or easiest book to read in the Bible, but it's there for a reason and I'm glad to have a new way to read it this year.


I'm thankful for the joy that I got from giving away stickers in the bookstore yesterday! I made lots of people smile with a small gesture. 


I'm always thankful to see my friend Marilyn! She came into the bookstore while I was there yesterday, and it's always good to see her and catch up. We're making plans to have dinner soon to talk about a fun upcoming trip we're taking together! 




Here's the journal I use to keep up with my list of things to be thankful for each week. My best friend bought me this in December, and I've loved using it everyday. I make it part of my quiet time! 


What are you thankful for this week? I'd love to hear from you! Thanks for reading my blog, friends. Love to all! 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful things! I was listening to Mid Life Matters podcast and they said some very inspiring things about prayer. Do you listen to that podcast? I think you would like that. I prayed about a student who was giving me mild problems - nothing really bad. Yesterday he was no longer doing the things he wasn't supposed to do AND he helped a fellow student who had been absent. I praised him and praised him - hope I didn't go overboard. He is a freshman and I feel like I am teaching how to do school as much as I am teaching Spanish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, I like that podcast! Tanya recommended it to me a while back. That's amazing! It makes a difference, but one thing I've read before and loved is that even if prayer doesn't always change the circumstances, it definitely changes our view toward something. But that is wonderful! I'm sure you made him feel appreciated! Sometimes that's all they need- prayer and love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also thankful for friends who pray - and my mom is a prayer warrior, which is awesome! I know she's always praying for me and my family and I covet and take for granted her prayers daily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are wonderful things to be thankful for! My mom, Alec, and I went out to lunch on Monday and we were at the restaurant for nearly 3 hours! Thankfully the place was slow and they didn't mind us taking up the table that whole time; the food was delicious too which is a huge bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't heard that about Jamie Ivey. I haven't listened to her in awhile, but used to regularly listen to her podcast. So sad. This week I'm thankful that Grace has gotten accepted to some great graduate schools. Now she just has to make a decision. Love your Thursday posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Megan, yes! I love that. Where would be without the prayers of the women who ahead of us who love us and pray for us unwaveringly??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Joanne! I love that y'all did that this week. What a sweet day and lunch! You're right: good food is a bonus on a day like that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Tanya! I love sharing them. Isn't it sad about her husband? My heart breaks for her family and for their extended families and church family. It's always sobering to read about something like that. That is wonderful about Grace! I can't wait to hear more about what she decides!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for reminding me again to stop and be thankful and how lucky I am/we all are for his mercy and grace

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so thankful for His mercy. How would we make it each day without it? I enjoyed reading your list. Take care and have a great weekend. I'm a day late, but I got my post up this morning.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

spring & summer things I love wearing right now

  Happy Thursday, and happy bonus blog post day! For today's post, I'm linking up with  Jill  and  Kellyann  for Fashion Files. I kn...