Thursday, February 22, 2024

fashion files: things I love to wear right now

 


Happy Thursday, and happy bonus blog post day! For today's post, I'm linking up with Jill and Kellyann for Fashion Files. I know for many of you that this is not your thing, so you can either read my other post for today or make plans to come back tomorrow. As usual, I've been writing lots lately, so there's plenty of other material to keep you entertained. 🤣 I don't see myself doing this every week, because truth be told, I wear a lot of the same things on repeat. I've been buying some new things lately, though, so that's why I wanted to share today. Here are a few things I love to wear right now, as the weather permits. 




I recently bought this gray short sleeved sweater. It'll work during the summer with something short sleeved under it, and it works now when the weather is cooler in the mornings and evenings. 




On the cooler days leading up to Valentine's day, I enjoyed wearing this bright pink shirt that I recently bought. 




I snapped this picture as I was outside with our dogs last week, but I was wearing one of my favorite outfit combinations and the kind of thing that fits my style to a T. It was black fitted pants, a white t-shirt, and a mocha colored oversized cardigan. Interestingly enough, Amy mentioned yesterday about an Instagram trend about searching for celebrity, outfit, aesthetic, and quote, and whatever the first images that pop up are supposed to be what your style is. (Or something like that.) Here's what the outfit one popped up for me when I did that. (You should try this, it's fun!)




I shared this above because it's almost exactly what I'd worn in the picture above this one last week. 







I bought the three tops above from Marshall's last weekend, and I love them! Dressing room mirrors there are the best. The lighting is always so good! 




This was what I wore last Saturday. I couldn't resist another outfit picture with the good lighting. 




This was me working on Tuesday, and wearing the new white top that I love! I'm kind of self conscious about my body, and I definitely won't ever be one to wear a tight fitting top, and I am definitely not the kind of gal who ever wants to tuck (or half tuck) things in. It's cute on some of you, but not on me, and my body isn't conducive to that. That being said, I really like this white top, that it's fitted at the bottom and blousy on top. I love the batwing sleeves and that they can easily be pushed up to expose cute jewelry...





...like this bracelet above. Speaking of jewelry, I used to wear more, but I've simplified it all recently. I wear a gold wedding band that I love, and I almost always wear simple gold earrings. I vary it up a bit with fun bracelets, and sometimes you'll see me with bright pink raffia earrings. 




Lastly, this is one of two new button down shirts I've bought online from Old Navy, again, thanks to Amy. I love this one! The color is called burgundy, but it's a bright (sort of faded) red and white stripe. The other one I bought is a navy and white pinstripe. I may have to return it, though, since it's pretty big. 


And these are the things I've been wearing lately that I love! I'd love to hear your thoughts on style and what it is that speaks to you as you get dressed each day. It's good to enjoy doing that, since it's something we have to do! Thanks for reading my blog, friends. Love to all! 

18 comments:

  1. You look AWESOME Mama! I know what it feels like to be self-conscious- constant battle but grateful for this community who lifts us up for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the new tops!
    The Pinterest thing is so funny because you wear that color combo and the layering. You can't go wrong with black, white, olive.
    I love the red/white you picked! That is so cute! I made myself stop at two but my nature wants all the colors.
    You look great and I think the pieces you picked up are great seasonal transition pieces and will help you feel your best and most confident self.
    Thanks for all the mentions. Am I an influencer or what? Ha - just kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Holly! I know how you feel and I wholeheartedly agree with you about this loving community!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, isn't that hilarious? It perfectly describes things I like to wear. I had to include that since you mentioned wanting to see it yesterday. Thanks! I love the tops I've picked lately, and with the bright ones I already have to wear for on occasion, I don't need too much more for now. You ARE an influencer! 🤣🤣

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is definitely my style, Jennifer! I wear jeans every day with an oversized sweatshirt or some kind of t-shirt in the summer. I am always casual. For church I throw on a nice, long cardigan and some jewelry. Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for that, Debbie! I am always pretty casual as well, I just don't like t-shirts and jeans will never be my favorite. However, I do still wear them from time to time. I may pull out my sandals today it's so warm here right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jennifer, where do you get your pants? If I could find comfy pants, I might give up jeans :) I know Chico's has some really comfy pants, but thought you might have other suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the leopard shoes in the first photo. I followed Amy's Pinterest lead and put up a post, it was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look so cute and I love your style! I really like the new striped top too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't tried the thing with Pinterest yet, but I have seen others do it. Perfect one for you, though. I have been into a Marshalls in a while and I should do that soon. There is one about 30 min away and it would be a fun little outing next month. I love that pink color on you and that white top is very flattering and versatile.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Youre inspiring me to do a little shopping! My wardrobe is almost entirely black so I'd be the most boring fashion friday blogger ever. We all have body insecurities, unfortunately, but I think your outfits are always flattering on you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so funny about the Pinterest picture. Love all your looks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Debbie, most of mine come from Marshall's. They're always pull on, and they're always slim fitting, but with some give. I like wide waistbands that keep you tucked in and held up tightly. 🤣 My go-to brands from there are NY & Company (or maybe just NY & Co) and also the brand Jones of New York. You should look them up! They wash and wear extremely well and last for YEARS. I am not exaggerating! They're also super affordable, which is icing on the cake. I've also bought the Westbound brand from Dillard's (online), and sometimes I'll get pants from a place like J. Jill, but I always go in to try on. I hope all of this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, Pamela! I love them, they're so comfy. I love the Hey Dudes brand, and that's what those are! I'll have to check out your post; this is the first time I've been home and sitting all day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks, Mireille! I love the color pink right now. You should try the Pinterest thing for fun, and I hope you make a trip to Marshall's soon! I know some of you don't love those that are near, but hopefully yours will be a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Obscure- thank you! And yay for new things in moderation, right? I know what you mean and I often feel like my outfits are mostly repeats and boring, so I don't share them every week. I do love color every once in a while, but my go-to is definitely more of a neutral palette. You're right, I think all of us ladies struggle with this! It's sad what makes that happen, and how bad we're made to feel for having different body types. This is a big soap box thing for me, and I could go on and on!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you, Tanya! Isn't that hilarious? Talk about hitting the nail on the head!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I hope you can say that you've had a great week; I have, and I'll share about it throughout this post. I&...