Thursday, January 18, 2024

Thankful Thursday, 1.18.2024

 


Happy Thursday, friends! I hope you've stayed warm and cozy wherever you are this week. It has been frigid here all week long, but you know what? I have loved it! I have so many things to be thankful for, so I'll jump in. 


In the last few days, we've had a lot of snow, so I am always thankful for God's protection over my family as they've all been out and about. I never want to take that for granted! 


I am thankful that we've not had a lot of power outages thus far in our city. I realize this can change at the drop of a hat, but I think a lot of us in our area have done our part to conserve energy as much as possible so they wouldn't have to do rolling blackouts. I am not sure how true that latter statement is; it may have been a rumor.


I have never been so grateful to have a wood burning fireplace!





I am thankful for delicious meals I've made this week! This is my time to cook, I feel like. I love hearty foods and soups, and I like eating on them for days. 


I am thankful that it's been an excellent reading week! I've had all the spare time to use toward my favorite hobby. 


I am thankful for the extra time I've had in the mornings for my quiet time. I have been loving reading along with The Bible Recap people and have watched all the extra videos and checked into the links they've shared. I usually don't have that spare time on the days that I work. 


I am thankful for the fact that my husband doesn't mind driving me around! He drove me to work yesterday and again today, then picked me up both days. Our roads are terrible! He had to take Noah to work as well, since little sports cars don't play well in the snow and ice. Graham was able to pick him up yesterday when he got off. It's nice having helping hands! Jonah did my grocery shopping since they were all over the city, it seems like. 


I'm thankful they've had some days off from work. It's been fun having them home and I know they've thoroughly enjoyed the time off with their friends. My oldest son went to Topgolf yesterday to play a round with his good friend; they decided to go when they found out they had heated rooms (or whatever it is there). I think that's amazing!


I could go on, but I'll stop with those. What are you thankful for this week? I can't read to read your posts! Thanks for reading my blog, friends. Love to all!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

17 comments:

  1. Your fireplace looks cozy! That´s great that you´ve been able to read more than usual due to having more down time. And how wonderful that your husband is in town this week to help with getting the fireplace going and driving you around on bad roads. I hope everyone continues to stay safe. We are likely going to get snow tonight and into tomorrow (not a lot but likely enough to cancel school due to when it will be arriving). Have a great Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! So thankful about power not going out, too! I really want to try playing TopGolf! Heated rooms? Sign me up! I bet this is a much better time of year to go because lower crowds, too.
    We go back to school today. We did E learning from home the last two days so I really do need to get out amongst the people and talk to my students and colleagues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Maria! I love having a wood burning fireplace. I am so relieved Todd has been home all week! Well, I started off reading more, but we've been watching a show together in the evenings, which is cutting into that. 🤣 Enjoy the snow and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, isn't that cool? I know they had fun. You'll be glad to go back today! I totally get that sentiment. I was so happy to be around other people yesterday at work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hubby is the SWEETEST- love reading this- taking care of his girl :) I hate when the roads are bad- hate winter in general but you have been giving me such great and cozy vibes when I come here so THANK YOU :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am also thankful that we did not lose power! A few years ago, we lost power for four days due to ice on the lines. Thankfully we had our fireplace or we would never have made it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He really is, Holly! Not only me, but also our youngest son Noah, whose car will not drive on the streets right now. (He has a sports car that is low to the ground.) Aw, I know you don't love the winter season, but I'm glad you feel cozy when you come here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Megan, I know you're thankful for that, too! Remember two years ago when all those people in Texas were without power for days because of snow and ice?! I wonder if that's the time you're talking about. Certain states are just not ready for this kind of wintry weather!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your fireplace and from what little we can see of you, it looks like you have a very comfy place to sit and read or watch TV and be with your dogs. Love that. Our Lucy's bed is right in front of our TV and I bet she'd love it if there was a fireplace there too. Love how your boys and your hubby all pitch in to help. You are one blessed mama. Thanks for hosting Thankful Thursday and I hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm thankful that even with snow and ice storms our roads were pretty clear by the time Alec had to drive to school and that Ian was able to pick up groceries for us without any issues (he was out plowing already so I didn't feel too guilty asking him to stop). I'm also thankful that my husband has taken over cooking these past few days now that he's feeling better but I'm still not quite at 100% yet. He's made some really delicious food too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything about your thankfulness post says cozy, love, family - so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, Cathy! That's sweet of you to say, and I agree with you. I'm so proud of our boys! They're not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but when it counts, they can be counted on to do the right thing. We jokingly call our Chloe the fire dog. She loves when there's a fire going!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Joanne, that's so nice that your son shopped for you, and that your hubby has taken over the meals this week! I'm so sorry that you're sick. I hate that you came back from vacation that way! I hope you get some rest and that you feel better quickly, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So much to be thankful for! I am glad y'all are staying safe and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Marilyn, YES! I am too, and I hope you've been doing the same!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks, Jen! I know you have loved that extra time reading. I noticed you're participating in Shay's book club...I loved that book!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

weekly Wednesday hodgepodge

  Happy Wednesday, friends! I am linking up with Joyce today for the weekly Wednesday Hodge Podge .  1. Did you watch the Kentucky Derby thi...