Monday, October 23, 2023

weekending recap

 


Happy Monday, friends! How was your weekend? Mine was good, and I hope yours was too! I'm linking up with Holly and Sarah for today's post. 


I got my weekend started off with Dad on Friday. We went and grabbed lunch to bring back home, and Noah ate with us before he went to work. That was nice, and my dad always loves seeing him. While he was here, the other ones ended up getting to see him as well. He always loves spending a bit of time with each of them as they come in from work and talk about the upcoming weekend. When I took him home, I noticed his neighbors' horses were not too far from the fence. I walked over to see them, and called them, and they all came up to me! They remind me of oversized dogs.






I'll always be a little in awe of horses. I think they're such majestic animals! These guys were super friendly and were letting me pet them all over their heads. Also, please note my delicious Chick Fil A lunch. Tik Tok made me eat this! Here's what I ordered: an 8 count of nuggets, the kale crunch side salad, a scoop of pimento cheese, jalapeno peppers on the side and two honey barbecue sauces. I put it all in this bowl, mixed it up, and my mind was blown. It's low in calories, and high in protein. You should try this, but maybe leave off the peppers if you can't handle the heat. 


Because Dad bought my lunch, I decided to treat myself to Chinese takeout for dinner. (I typically don't eat out more than once in a day.) I don't know why I've never done this, but I went into our local Chinese buffet, and I filled it up with what sounded and looked the best to me. 



 

This was amazing! I ate every bite. What's your favorite order for Chinese takeout? 


Todd worked all weekend, so I came home and got started on my first Hallmark Christmas movie of the season! And I may have had a glass of wine.



Checkin' It Twice was adorable! I was up super late and awake again super early, so when I came down on Saturday, I drank my first cup of coffee and caught up on episodes of Good Witch. I ended up falling back to sleep for a while, which was nice. I did a little laundry, I cleaned up some in the kitchen, then I got dressed for the day. I met my mom and sister, and we went to a store that Mom needed to run into, we went into the biggest Dollar (& a Quarter) Tree I've ever been in, then we ate lunch at Chili's. We ended our day at Marshall's and I did a thing! 




I bought a new comforter set for the fall and winter. I have been wanting a tartan plaid set of bedding for a while, and I woke up thinking about it this morning. I decided to just look at Marshall's to see if I could find something, and they just so happened to have one left, in the size I needed. I love it! I'm going to get a couple of different pillows soon, but I had to go ahead and put it on our bed. I put it in the dryer for a bit to try to iron out some of those wrinkles, but it's too big in size. I'll end up having to get this dry cleaned when I need to wash it, but I don't mind that too much. 


Todd and I enjoyed our favorite sushi takeout for dinner, and he ate his while watching the Alabama/UT game. 



For the rest of the evening, he went into work for a few hours and I watched more episodes of Good Witch. I'd tentatively thought about going to see a movie with a friend, but we decided not to for different reasons. We still may go one night this week. 


I was at church at 7:30 on Sunday and stayed until about 12:30. I came home to eat a quick bite and read for a bit, then I left to go back for the baby shower of one of the girls I used to lead on Sunday nights. 




Only to find out I was on time, but one week early. I'm so glad I live one minute away from my church! I came back home for a few minutes, then Todd and I left to run an errand and saw this.




Then we went to a picnic on our church property. 




I love that our church does things like this! It was the kick-off event for our 150th anniversary that's coming up. We've got all sorts of things planned from now until the end of the year to celebrate God's faithfulness. This was so much fun, and completely free. A few of the men in the church grilled hamburgers and hot dogs for us, then we had chips, drinks, and cookies for dessert. It seems like such an old fashioned thing to do, and I think that's why I loved it so much. I remember when we first started attending CFBC, and always seeing cars in the parking lot. It was the sign of a thriving church, and was part of what drew us in as a family. I always feel very grateful for our church family!


How was your weekend? Did you do anything that you loved? I'd love to hear about it! Thanks for reading my blog, friends. Love to all! 



15 comments:

  1. I have to try that CFA hack! I have two free meals at CFA from an order that took forever a few months ago and I am cashing in my gift cards for restaurants while we don't have a fridge. I can only do so much! Ha!
    What a nice weekend - love the bedding - love that you were a week early - love your idea to get Chinese buffet - love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, you'll have to try it and tell me what you think! It was so, so good. I don't blame you one bit for cashing in those gift cards while you have no fridge. I would do the same! Thanks, my friend! I hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your lunch with your Dad sounds and looks wonderful as always! I LOVED "Checkin it Twice" -it was adorable and definitely gave me all of the feels and sucked me into another year of Hallmark Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Holly! I loved that movie. He's one of my favorite Hallmark actors and I know I'll always love whatever he's in. There are a few more like him that are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice weekend - and looks like a yummy one, too!! I'm not a Chinese food fan but that CFA salad looks yummy:) Maybe those horses thought you brought them some CFA! Hope you have a great week ahead. It is supposed to be a gorgeous one here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Checkin' It Twice was good, it made me want to move to Idaho Falls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a church picnic! I am half way through the first Christmas movie, so I see myself already falling behind :). I will eventually watch them all, even if I am watching Christmas movies in January. After reading about finds at Marshalls, I had to google to see where Marhsalls is. I haven't been to one in a while, but may need to go soon! And that Chick fil A meal sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the tip on Checking it Twice! I absolutely LOVE your new bedding! We thought of seeing the Flower Moon movie this weekend, but decided not to when we saw that it was 3.5 hours long. Hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello! Sounds like a lovely weekend from start to finish. I love Chinese food, and I always get the same thing: beef pepper steak with peppers and onions with white rice. And wonton soup. The order is so big I usually get two meals out of it, so I look forward to lunch the following day. I LOVE your new bedding! It is perfect for fall and winter. Isn't that the best feeling, putting new bedding on and then climbing into bed?! Have a cozy evening.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jennifer, it really was a delicious weekend! It's supposed to be pretty here this week as well, just not cold enough for my taste. I'm so ready for fall weather to stick around! As it is, our weather makes it hard to know what to wear each day. Those horses definitely thought I had something!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pamela, you and me both! I seriously thought the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Marilyn, I feel the exact same way! It's the best being with your church family, right? Girl. Go to Marshall's! I'm always up for a little shopping spree with a girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, Tanya! I still love it too and love seeing it each night when I go up to bed. Holy cow, that is a LONG movie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, Billie Jo! I love the beef and peppers with rice too. I was trying to decide between that and the chicken. I do love the feeling of getting into my newly made bed each night! It's so, so cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was able to win back my Ex lover with the help of…. Dr.mac@ yahoo. com.. He can fix any type of relationship/marriage issues.,,,

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

weekly Wednesday hodgepodge

  Happy Wednesday, friends! I am linking up with Joyce today for the weekly Wednesday Hodge Podge .  1. Did you watch the Kentucky Derby thi...