Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Currently --> the September edition

 


Happy Wednesday, friends! I'm so glad you're joining us for this month's currently link party, where we're talking about what we're currently loving, experiencing, dreaming, eating, and using to decorate. Next month we'll share what we're currently loving, excited about, watching, seeing, and observing.


I'll jump right in!


Loving: I am loving what I always enjoy about September. Something wonderful about this month for us here near Memphis, Tennessee is that just like that, the mornings and evenings are cooler, and the days are shorter. 



I am loving all the movies that make me feel all the cozy fall feelings.



I decorated for the season last week, and I am still loving the rearrangement of all the things. For instance, this turquoise vase in the picture below held some flowers that were looking dated. I like it so much more empty than I did with them! 



Lastly, I'm loving these pictures I took of the dogs last weekend.








From top to bottom are Crash, Callie, Chip, and our grand dogs Oakley, and Chloe. 


Excited about: I am excited about the arrival of my favorite season this month. I don't change many of my outfits out, because I dress pretty neutrally all year long, but I have some new additions I've recently added to my wardrobe lately that I can't wait to wear. I have the yummiest bronze-brown shirt that I bought a few weeks ago that I'm saving. I may save it for Colorado! I'm excited about my trip at the end of the month as well. It's been a minute since we've had a sisters only trip! 


Watching: Currently I'm watching my dogs sleep peacefully, but as for movies and shows, I'm watching some of my old favorites. I watched two movies on Monday morning when I woke up early, and at night if I'm not reading, I'm watching Gilmore Girls. 


Seeing: Everywhere I go, I'm seeing pretty fall things. I love to go window shopping, and it doesn't take much for me to be inspired during my favorite season. I do feel a trip to Hobby Lobby coming on soon...there are a couple of things that I use to decorate with that I had to toss recently. I'd like to replace them with something from there. 


Observing: I've been observing a lot at church lately. Now that I'm there all the time, there are all kinds of things I'm learning as part of the staff. There are so many things that go on behind those doors that I'm taking in. I love that we are the church that is most known in our community. We participate in serve days, when we go out and encourage our community. I love that we do that! 


It's your turn, friends! I can't wait to read your posts this month. I'll be posting what the prompts for November and December will be soon, so if you have any recommendations, I'd love to hear them! Thanks for reading my blog, love to all! 🖤




You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

22 comments:

  1. Now I want to sit at home and watch one of those movies! Or some Gilmore Girls :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natasha, right? I want the same thing! Thanks for linking up with us today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great list of movies! There's something about September that does feel like the door to a new season :)

    I had to giggle at you getting to know more things, now that you're at church all the time. I worked in the church office for a year and you certainly learn a lot! Same thing happens when your husband is a deacon.

    Happy September! Have a wonderful day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok those movies give me all the feels too! The dogs are just too precious for words :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love watching fall movies and I love that list. You have the cutest dogs. I hope you enjoy the month of September!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did I do the wrong prompts? lol. I love your dog's freckles!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! Isn't autumn wonderful?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your furbabies and grands are adorable. I'm enjoying some of those movies too. I also get it about learning new things...that happens as a pastor's wife too sometimes. I just try to avoid knowing too much. Hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well - I definitely have different prompts than you...not sure how I got confused but I these are a fun read regardless. And those photos of your puppies are adorable. They look professionally done - which is always tricky with fur babies!:) As always, thanks for hosting!! Hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That vase is so pretty and yay for cooler mornings and evenings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your post is inspiring me to go to Hobby Lobby this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Debbie, aren't those great? I want to watch them all! You get it about working in a church...I am sure it's the same as a deacon's wife. I hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, Cathy! That is great advice. I would definitely be the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jennifer, I got them switched for my own blog! I don't know what I was thinking. I'll just flip mine and do the other ones next month. 🤣 Aren't the pups cute? I love them all so much.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tanya, you should go! It'll be fun decorating your new house for all the first holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  16. adorable photos of the dogs - really captured their expressive eyes! I'm seeing all the fall things everywhere here too. But I don't feel ready yet!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks, Kym! I love how those pictures turned out. I have many friends who feel the same as you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

weekly Wednesday hodgepodge

  Happy Wednesday, friends! I am linking up with Joyce today for the weekly Wednesday Hodge Podge .  1. Did you watch the Kentucky Derby thi...