Friday, August 4, 2023

Friday Favorites! 8.4.23.

 


Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with Andrea and Erika for today's favorite blog post of the week. I hope you've had a great week! 


Spending last Saturday night with my sister Trish was a favorite, even if the movie we watched was not. I am a quality time girl and loved seeing Trish twice in one day. I mentioned this to Dad when he was here last week and he loved knowing we were spending time together that weekend. I feel so blessed to be able to say that! My sisters (and brother) are my favorite! 




Scripture writing is a favorite! I love writing it out because it helps commit it to my memory.




These chicken fritters that I had for dinner Sunday night were a favorite. And now they're also Jonah's and Noah's favorite. I taught them how to make them this week, and if you're interested in them for your family, you can find the recipe on my food inspiration post link at the bottom of this post.




Neutral nails are my current favorite! I have this OPI color on my nails (Movie Buff) and Quest for Quartz on my toes. This is what happens every year when August arrives. I'm over the summer colors and wanting neutrals in their place. 




Once again, and pertaining to Noah and his wreck that took place in Dallas last week, this image below of his spine is not my favorite. He has scoliosis (this runs in my family) and though it's been there, he's never had pain from that until the wreck. Thankfully he is under the care of a chiropractor and he is confident that he can get Noah back to functioning well without pain in a few months. It's weird seeing the spine curve like that, knowing it should be straight.




Seeing memories like this on social media are my favorite. I love going out to Mom's and Bill's house in the country and spent some time there Thursday morning. I love it in the country, but the sunsets out there cannot be beat. 





Having newly organized and cleaned-out closets is a favorite! I worked on mine this week, and on Monday night, I worked with Noah on his. We haven't done the top shelf you see yet, but the rest of it looks incredible. I love how he has so much space now! This is a great (huge) closet, and it feels good to be able to maximize the shelving system and size of the closet in a way that benefits Noah.




Tuesday morning's quiet time was my favorite this week. I love to pray Scripture over my family and spent time doing that on this morning. I used Psalm 1 and another passage from Isaiah to do this. I wrote it all down, but I'll be talking about this next week on my blog, so stay tuned! Also, new Bibles will always be my favorite. This is a new one that I bought two weeks ago with a gift card that Graham gave me, so technically, he bought me this Bible. I love how he signed the inside- to Mom, from "your favorite son". 🤣




Last weekend was a tax free weekend, so I loaded up on a few of my favorite things: the Sharpie brand highlighters you see pictured below...




... a couple of composition notebooks in great colors, and this beautiful stack of neon colored Post-It notes pictured below. Post-It notes are my favorite!




Baby Oakley was my favorite! We celebrated two years with her on Tuesday of this week. I'm so glad she's part of our family!




Oakley and Chloe cuddling every morning while I read the Bible is my favorite.




Writing and doodling are some of my favorite things to do during my quiet time each morning.




Boop Chloe's nose pictures are always going to be a favorite. 



A favorite memory from this week is when I was a leader in youth at our church. Every Sunday night looked like this during the summer, and on this particular night, it was our end of summer/back-to-school celebration pool party. Every Sunday night in the summer was a pool party, because it was too hot for anything else. We used to have community groups on those nights, and all the teenagers would meet by grade level at homes near the church and in our town. I was often the host of one of the boys' grades, whatever grade they were in. I loved being so involved with youth, and sometimes I really miss it, even today. I loved getting to know their friends so well, and spending time with them doing fun things like this, summer camps, girls retreats, and D(isciple) Now weekends.




Would you believe that four of these girls are now married? Two of them are dating someone very seriously, one has a baby, and one is working on becoming a doctor! (One of them lives in Boston now, and I've lost touch with her, but the other ones I still see pretty regularly at church.) Yikes. That makes me feel old. I wish my boys had stayed friends with these lovies, but as it often happens, they grew apart the older they got. These were the girls that I led in community group on Sunday night from 9th-12th grade. 




My morning view is always a favorite. I love to sit at the kitchen table for my quiet time, and I usually do that while the dogs eat their breakfast. They'd all finished when I took this picture on Wednesday morning, except for Chloe. It always takes her a little bit longer.




Remember how I mentioned last week that I'd done a reset/refresh in our home? This table below was in our living room and now sits in the kitchen. The basket you see has things in it that I reach for all the time, so I like to have it conveniently located. The actual "table" is a plant stand with barley twist legs and is an antique that Mom gave me when we first got married. I'll have it forever! I've always loved furniture with barley twist on it somewhere. 




Wednesday night after church was a favorite, because Missy and I went to an ice cream place to catch up. It's been ages since we've done that, and instead of getting ice cream, I ordered these protein bites that you see and enjoyed every drop of this Diet Coke. 




Did you happen to catch my other blog posts from the week? 


Saturday was a bonus post, and the Share 4 Somethings link party

On Monday, I shared a weekending recap along with the books I read in July

On Tuesday, I shared some inspiration for snacks, meals, and what I eat in restaurants.

On Wednesday, it was the Currently link party.

Thursday was another installment of Throwback Thursday


Tell me something great about your week, I'd love to hear from you! Thanks for reading my blog, friends. I hope you enjoy your weekend! Love to all. 🖤




14 comments:

  1. Your handwriting is so pretty! I like how you write out prayers based on Bible verses. I should do something like that especially in Psalms. I'm reading through the Bible in two years which means that each day, there isn't that much to read. I do stop and pray sometimes based on what I read, but I should get in the habit of writing prayers down. Your nails are pretty, too. You know my nails are bare so I relate more to painted colors that are neutral, lol. Have a great weekend, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Maria! From as far back as I can remember, I have loved to write, both literally and figuratively. I used to love having to look up vocabulary words in school, because it meant I could fill up pages with handwriting. And I've always had the same neat writing. I went through a phase where I wrote really large, and then I tried writing in a small print, but regardless the size, I've always loved neat handwriting. I realize this is my three hundredth weird quirk! 🤣

    Thanks for the nail love! I do really love this color by OPI. I found it for the first time last year. I hope you have a wonderful weekend, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of great favorites this week!! I love your morning view...and Miss Chloe still looks so small in that picture - having to finish her breakfast alone after all the big kids are finished!!:) Love the photo of her nose:) Hope you have a nice day with your dad today and a good weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of great favorites from the week! Sorry to hear that your son has been having troubles with his back since his accident. One of my son's has scoliosis too but it wasn't discovered until after his growth spurt so there was nothing they could do about it. I love that you and your sister got to have a movie night; I'm sure it was fun regardless of the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I *just* started Scripture writing consistently and am loving the practice!! It’s another good way for me to get Word locked in my heart and mind.

    CUTE nails!!

    Love your new Bible… and Sharpies are my favorite highlighter brand!!!

    I think you and I are one in the same, LOL! The more I keep reading your post, I’m like, yes, that’s me too! I literally ordered a new, large pack of post-its on Amazon Prime days, LOL! Don’t know too many that get excited to buy post-it notes during all things being on sale, haha!

    Can you share your new quiet time area with us… what’s in the basket and on the bottom of the stand? Would love to see all your resources. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Bible Study is such an inspiration to me, and I'm sure many other too. Hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never written out scripture, but that would be a great way to remember it. I've been working through The Bible Recap this year and it takes me about 30-40 minutes a day, but maybe once I finish it up that could be something I could work on next. Ugh, I hope your son's pain will go away. My daughter went for her checkup just this week and the DR noticed a very slight curve of her spine (ugh), so we are off for an X-ray next week. It runs in our family, so I'm guessing it is scoliosis. She is 14 and should be done growing soon (per the DR), so I'm hoping it will be very mild since she dances. Love your after church treat!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely sunset, love the color of yoru nails and I look forward to reading about your new bible and writing plan. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Jennifer! She does look so small in that picture, but she's also growing and filling in some. She was skin and bones for a while! I hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Joanne! It makes sense that it wouldn't have shown up until after he was finished growing. I am pretty sure I'd heard that, but I completely forgot that detail. Is your son okay with his now? I hope your Friday was great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Bri! I love it too. That is exactly why I love to write it out, because to write it is to help me remember. It's the same reason why I take notes every Sunday at church. It really does help and makes a huge difference! Your Post-It Note observation made me chuckle. I really do love them! I will share about some favorite resources next week. I was already thinking of that kind of post since school is starting back, and because someone else was asking me this today. I hope your Friday was great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, Tanya! That is so kind of you to encourage. I hope yours is great as well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, Carrie! I hope the same for your daughter, especially because of her dance. I appreciate your encouragement! I love reading the Bible chronologically and am very familiar with that; when I was doing that, I didn't write out Scripture. I could have, honestly, but I didn't always have that much time. Since I decided not to read through the Bible in a year in 2023, it's the perfect time to write out Scripture again. I love doing it, because it helps me to remember God's word. There's been no better way than writing it out to help commit it to memory.

    You'll have to try it someday! You'd probably love it as much as I do. I hope your Friday was wonderful, and thank you for stopping by to leave a comment!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, Marilyn! We need to meet up again soon, maybe in a couple of weeks? I'll text you this weekend. I hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Hello Monday

  Happy Monday, friends! I'm linking up with  Holly  and  Sarah  for today's post. I hope you had a good weekend! Mine was good, but...