Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Currently, June 2023 edition

 


Happy Wednesday, friends! This month we're sharing what we're currently loving, doing, trying, seeing, and reading. In July, we'll be talking about what we're currently loving, savoring, celebrating, remembering, and trying. I hope you make plans to join us then as well! I'll jump right in on that note. 


Loving: I am loving the lazy days of the summer season! So far I have been swimming three times (and going again today), I've met up with friends, I've made tentative plans for two trips, I've been reading a ton, and I've been watching all the summer shows and movies that I love. 





Doing: Aside from lazing around, I'm actually doing a few things as well. I'm working on a writing project that's due soon, and I have a list of things I want to get done around the house. I need to organize and deep clean in the worst possible way! I'm trying to balance my time so that I can get it all done. And on that note...




(This was me settling in to write for the day on Monday. I'm happy to say that I got most of it done, though I'll change some things here and there.)


Trying: I'm trying to adjust to being back at home. I want to be productive, but I also want to enjoy my time and do the things I've been missing, like reading more and even watching a show or two while I eat lunch during the daytime. I know that eventually I'll come up with a scheduled routine again, but for now I'm embracing being free of the confines of working on a tight schedule. 




And though I am trying to balance things out, know that I have spent my fair share of time watching movies like this in the morning! I'm not complaining. 


Seeing: I love seeing all the lush green outside! I love when the grass really starts to fill in and the flowers start to bloom. Our plants are slowly making their way back from a few hard freezes that we had this winter. It was touch and go for a while with a few of them, but they're starting to green up again. I'm so glad to see it! We definitely need to do some trimming on them, but they're looking better with each passing day. We struggle with grass growing under these trees! 




Reading: I am making my way through some of my summer reading list! I can already tell it's going to be a better reading month than May was. I have read two books so far this month, and both have been great! I love summer reading, because it feels different. I like to read certain books during certain times of year, and I reserve all the beachy/summer season books until it's actually the summer season. Also, I feel zero guilt in lounging around to read. I've charged my Kindle more recently because of that, and it's not because the battery life is slowing down, trust me. 




It's your turn! Just a friendly reminder to link back to me today, to read some of what the others are posting, and leaving them some comment love. I can't wait to read all of your posts. Thanks for joining in with me today, and for reading my blog, friends. Love to all! 💚 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

26 comments:

  1. Summer reading is the best! It just feels so good! You’re smart to ease into a new routine. It sounds like you’re having a great start to summer.
    Thanks for hosting! I was reading a little too quickly and did the July prompts today. Oops! Tis the end of school busy, I guess. Have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! I think you are doing great so far. I am in survival mode but I hope to do something summery soon and then can come the productivity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your summer is off to a great start! I definitely think that a mix of productivity and relaxation/ fun is a good "recipe" for a satisfying summer. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am so jealous of your summer days- can't wait to have some relaxing ones! Yours sound like perfection! I am loving all of the green too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can completely relate to wanting to be productive, yet wanting to relax too. I'm not great at relaxing! But since the kids have been gone, I've had to give myself "permission" to rest when I feel I need a break. I've noticed that I have days when I can run and never get tired and on those days I work really hard at all the things I want to do. Then I'll wake up and have days where I don't feel like doing anything (like yesterday) and I work but take plenty of tv breaks, snack breaks and get things done in little pieces.

    There's something that just feels so glorious about summer days :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah, you are so right! It's okay, and I completely understand! You can just do the June prompts in July. I hope you have a great day and that you get to start enjoying your summer soon! Thanks for joining us today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amy, I know you are! I know you'll be glad when you can start your summer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Maria! I agree wholeheartedly. Thanks for linking up today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holly, I know you'll enjoy doing some of the same thing when you're able to enjoy them! Thanks for linking up today, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Debbie, I know what you mean! It's so easy to remember all the running around that we had to do when the kids were little, so sometimes I think to myself, "How did I get to this point that I get to do this?" I actually just thought that yesterday as I was driving and I started thanking God for the privilege it's been to be a stay at home wife and mom. I am definitely the same way with productivity. I have had a busier week, so I've been enjoying the afternoons to myself spent reading in the midst of doing all the other things. It feels great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you have a wonderful summer. I do enjoy reading books during the summer especially at the beach or in my yard. Thanks for this fun link-up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad you now have time to read and swim. I've been reading a lot watching some movies too. Our grass was so green a week or two ago, but it's turning brown because we need rain really bad. Have fun swimming today.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahh...looks like you are enjoying your summer days! So well-deserved. I'm loving having a bit more time for tv and reading :) We've had a few pool days too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It sounds like your summer is off to a fabulous start! I'll be back to link up with my post on Friday. I ended up having much more to stay about our Acadia trip than I had planned and had to juggle the blogging schedule a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you, Julie! I hear you and wholeheartedly agree. I am on book 3 of the month/summer already. I'm loving every second!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you, Cathy! I'm glad you're enjoying the same. We are the same here! We have had just a tiny bit of rain this week, but we need way more. It's so strange how we go from months of nonstop rain, it seems, to seasons of major drought. I'm hoping for some more rain soon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks, Jen! I am glad you're enjoying some of the same.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Joanne, I totally understand! I keep the link almost the entire month each time I host, so no worries. You'll have plenty of time to join in! I am the epitome of easy breezy and try not to get bent out of shape over things like that. I have loved reading about your anniversary trip!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am so glad you are enjoying your summer and yay for swimming already! Thanks for hosting this link up today!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your summer activities sounds just wonderful, and I plan to join you in that kind of routine after just a few more days of unpacking and settling in!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks, Marilyn! I'm so glad you joined in!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Tanya, I know you'll be glad for that!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your summer days sound fantastic! I love those schedule-free days, which is one of the big perks of teaching. It is such a demanding full-on job and then when the holidays come around its aahhhhh so relaxing!!! Thanks for hosting this great link-up xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks, Ruth! I am enjoying every second. You are so right- the work schedule of a teacher simply cannot be beat!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yes! To the relaxing and reading and enjoying some downtime without a schedule to keep! Meanwhile I'm trying to find something to do because I'm getting tired of not having a schedule! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  26. Kym, that made me laugh. I usually find myself in the same situation, but it may take a while since I've been so busy since January!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Hello Monday

  Happy Monday, friends! I'm linking up with  Holly  and  Sarah  for today's post. I hope you had a good weekend! Mine was good, but...