Thursday, April 6, 2023

Thankful Thursday

 


Happy Thursday, friends! I'm currently letting go of the Thankful Thursday link, but I want to continue on with the posts, at least on occasion. This was a good week for me to write one, since I've been doing a lot of reflecting this week. 


I mentioned yesterday about the hope of Jesus, which is what I most thankful for this week. I've been reading about the events leading up to His resurrection this week, and there are so many things that stand out to me about what He did for me, and for you. One of the most telling verses in the Bible is found in Romans 5:8—But God proves his own love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Mere words could never express my gratitude for this unfathomable and free gift. And that's something else I am thankful for—that I don't have to do anything to get this gift, I just have to believe. I don't have to clean up my act, I don't have to a certain way or do a certain thing, I just have to believe, and thus, have faith in Him that He is who His word says He is.


Our pastor preached an excellent sermon last week, on the triumphal entry that Jesus made into Jerusalem, in the days leading up to His death. I'm continuing on in reading the events that will lead up to His arrest, crucifixion, death, burial, and resurrection this week. I never want to just breeze through these Scriptures, even though I've read them countless times. I want to read and to remember what He did for me, for all of us. I want to express my praise and thanksgiving to Him, because of that great and sacrificial love that He displayed. I don't ever want to forget this and take for granted His beautiful gift. I'm excited that we're having a Good Friday service at church this weekend; it's the first one we've had here since we began attending our church twelve years ago. Do you have plans to attend services this weekend? I hope so! 


Do you know my Jesus? Are you sure? If you ever want to talk more about this, I am one quick email away. You can always reach me at allboys@gmail.com. Don't wait, if you feel a tug in your heart. Thanks for reading, friends. Love to all. 

8 comments:

  1. I can honestly say that I've never been to a Good Friday service. It seems incredibly heavy. I'm reminded of the Southern gospel song - It's Friday but Sunday's Coming! Amen!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen friend. I am headed to see my girls for the Easter weekend and can't wait to hug their necks. We would appreciate prayers this weekend. Happy Easter to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jennifer. I agree with everything in this post wholeheartedly! Covid will probably keep us from Easter services, but I will always have Jesus and all he did and does for us in my heart. Have a blessed Good Friday and Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer, I always thought that too, until I went to my first one years and years ago. It was somber, but it didn't feel heavy, if that makes sense. We're singing a song called Thank You Jesus For the Blood by Charity Gayle- you should look it up and give it a listen. It's so good! We end the service by singing that and taking communion together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marilyn, I am so glad you're going to see your girls this weekend! You know I will be praying for all of you since it'll be a different kind of holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deb, I am sorry that you and your husband are sick. I know you'll miss attending in person!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Share 4 Somethings

  Happy Saturday, friends! Welcome to the April edition of S4S where we'll be talking about somethings we've  loved  or  disliked , ...