Friday, April 21, 2023

Friday Favorites, 4.21.23.

 


Happy Friday, friends! I'm so glad it's Friday. Are you? How's your week been? Mine has been good, I'm just ready for the weekend. I'm linking up with Andrea and Erika for today's favorite blog post of the week. 


My post is short and sweet again! I don't have that many new things to share today, but I thought I'd at least name a few things from the week that have been my favorite. One of them, you already know, which is something I mentioned yesterday. I got to feed all our sons this week! I was so glad to be able to do that, since it's one of my favorite things. It's so strange when you have them start moving out, and not seeing them on a regular basis. I know that Drew doesn't eat all that well living with roommates and being in his young twenties, so I was glad to have him eat something good and nourishing for dinner. 




(Random picture just because this was eleven years ago and I do miss these days of random family game nights, staying up late, and eating ice cream with Magic Shell.) 



Last week at the school that I work at, for P.E. all week, they had Glow Parties. This was definitely a favorite for all of the students! The teachers and the students all wore things that they knew would glow under the black lights in the gym. A ton of work was put into this, and this happened all five days. I know they were exhausted by the end of the week! 


This movie was a favorite from last weekend!




This was the newest Hallmark movie from last week, The Wedding Cottage, with Brendan Penny and Erin Krakow. It was really good, and they're two of my favorite regular actors on the Hallmark channel.




This day was a favorite for our students in the third grade. We were without the use of our regular classroom this day because of testing that was taking place there, so we ended up on the stage in the cafeteria. They loved being in a different environment and were great at being flexible.


Last, but not least, this was a favorite night this week.




This was the annual sheriff's department banquet. My husband is a lieutenant with the department, and he was awarded for 15 years of service on this night. I love this picture of us that I had Graham take of us before we left. This is always a fun night for us, and I always feel so proud of both him and Graham for their service. Just for fun, check out the difference in my husband from two years ago to this week.




Tell me something good from your week! I'd love to hear from you. In case you missed my other posts this week, I published two other blog posts this week. I shared on both Tuesday and Thursday, in case you want to check them out. I hope your weekend is restful and everything you want it to be! Thanks for reading my blog, friends. Love to all!


18 comments:

  1. Aww, cute picture of the boys. Aren't you glad that you took pictures of the random things and not just at events, dress up occasions, etc. but just every day life happenings like playing games together? I love the hodge podge of photos that I have that depict nothing more than a low key afternoon or evening of fun. Congrats to your husband on his many accomplishments. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday! How fun that you got to feed all the kids! Congrats to hub and he does look so different! I love your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Maria! Yes, I am SO glad I took all of those pictures. They're what I love looking back on each day at Timehop. These are the types of things I have in frames around the house. Thanks for that, my friend! I hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Amy! I hope your weekend is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every day life is often the most beautiful- love how you capture it all

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to your husband and thanks for the recommendation on the Hallmark movie. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay to your hubs and 15 years. You both look so cute! I bet I’d love that movie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's such a lovely photo of your boys when they were younger. Time just goes by so fast! I really like Erin Krakow and I used to always watch When Calls The Heart. But Netflix only has up to season six and so we haven't watched the rest. Congratulations to your husband on his 15 years of service that's a fantastic achievement! Hope you have a great weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww! How lovely that you got to feed all of your sons this week. My girls still live at home and I am not looking forward to them eventually moving out.
    What a lovely photo of you and your husband. Congrats to him on the 15 years of service.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats to your husband! I bet it was wonderful getting to feed all the boys this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats to your husband! Your dress was cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Ruth! You are so right. Time flies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, Kim! It's not for the faint of heart, that is for sure. I miss us all being together more often.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Share 4 Somethings

  Happy Saturday, friends! Welcome to the April edition of S4S where we'll be talking about somethings we've  loved  or  disliked , ...