Monday, February 27, 2023

weekending recap & Hello Monday

 



Happy Monday to you, friends! I'm linking up with Holly and Sarah for today's blog post and weekend recap. I didn't really do a lot this weekend, honestly. I did go pick up my dad right after work Friday afternoon, and we enjoyed the most delicious dinner at Longhorn Steakhouse. I love their sirloin steaks, and the price is even less expensive than one of their chicken dishes that I love. I always get a perfectly done steak each time I go here. Have you been to one of these near you? I'm not a big fan of chains, usually, but this is a great one. I love my steak medium rare, thanks to my stepdad. We used to get ours medium (Todd, the boys, and me), but now we eat ours like Big Daddy eats his. We took home a loaded baked potato for Sandy, because she wasn't feeling her best.


I decided to stay home on Saturday and get caught up on all the laundry. I washed our sheets, our comforter, and the blankets we sleep with during cold weather. We use extra blankets over our comforter for nights like that, and one of our dogs sleeps with us, so I try to keep them washed often. I was going to grocery shop as well, but it was raining and I didn't feel up to fighting the crowd myself in Kroger. I'm so spoiled! I love Kroger's click-list. It's the only way I shop now! I literally thank God for those dear people as I see them bringing out my groceries. I could definitely do this on my own, but now that I'm working more, my time seems to be a little more precious to me, and I don't want to spend it in the grocery store. I love my town, but with Kroger being one of the better options to shop, it's always crowded and understaffed at the checkout lines. 


I did leave home to get my nails done, then I came home to finish all the laundry and to read. Todd was home and the other boys were in and out. I went to a movie Saturday night, one that I received free tickets for a few weeks ago. That's not really Todd's thing, so I made plans to see it with my best friend. The tickets were for me and a guest, and we both loved it.





Have you seen the previews for this movie? Missy and I both really enjoyed the story. It was fascinating and based on actual events that happened during and after the time of Woodstock. There was a major revival happening in the nation in that time, and it's still going on even today. I thought it was pretty relevant, especially because of what's been going on at Asbury. Have you followed any of that, or are you familiar with it? In the movie, there were a couple of small things that I didn't love and don't really agree with, but I recognize that it's a movie and in spite of that, it was a good one. Also, how great is it that Jesus is being talked about in theaters? Kelsey Grammar did a great job of playing the role of Chuck Smith. 


We had dinner at McAlister's before the movie, then I took her home afterward. It was fun being together again this week and catching up with one another. I miss seeing her multiple times in the week! I enjoyed us working together for the months I was at the attorney's office. I went to church on Sunday, then I picked up my groceries and came home to put them away and clean out the refrigerator and pantry. I meal prepped for the week and got a game plan for the dinners we'll be eating, so I was officially ready for today. I also watched a show I'd started a long time ago, but never finished, The Resident. Also, I started the new show, The Company You Keep on Hulu. Have you heard of this? It stars Milo Ventimiglia from This Is Us and Gilmore Girls. I also caught up on The Way Home, Hallmark's newest series that I love. What all did you do this weekend? Mine was productive, which I am always thankful for, and it felt good to be at home a little more than normal. The weather was kind of rainy all weekend, so that made it easy to be here, rather out and about. I read a lot this weekend too, which I always love. And on that note, you should come back tomorrow! I'm sharing about the books I read this month. 


Thanks for reading my blog, friends! Love to all. 



14 comments:

  1. I love my steak medium rare too! YUM! I haven't heard of the 'Jesus Revolution' hopefully it makes its way to us. We have a few cinema vouchers that we got as Christmas presents. But there really hasn't been anything showing that I have wanted to go and see. Kroger's click-list sounds perfect, we don't have a Kroger. But last year I started shopping for groceries online and getting them delivered from Woolworths. At first, it seemed like a luxury but really it's a necessity because I work full-time. I only wished that I had done it sooner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do want to see that movie! I saw trailers in the theater awhile back. Glad you had a nice dinner with your Dad and I actually think you accomplished a lot this weekend - especially for a rainy one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so good that way, Ruth! I hope it makes its way to you as well. It's definitely worth seeing. I know what you mean about not wanting to see movies- there isn't usually anything I want to see either. I'm glad you're able to order online for your groceries as well! It's such a lifesaver!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, it was really good and very interesting. I love Kelsey Grammar! It was a totally different role for him, but he was outstanding. Thanks for that! I guess I did, even if it felt different to me. I love having clean bedding, though! That was an accomplishment since it took several loads to complete. It also felt good to catch up on our other laundry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to see that movie. Heard good things. Medium rare is the way to go for me. Hubs liked it medium. Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You got so much done. Must be a great feeling! I find meal prepping on Sundays definitely helps to eliminate some stress during the work and school week. The night out with your bestie sounds like perfection too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like the perfect weekend! And you packed a lot into a few days :)

    I hope your week is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a nice weekend. Ours include some snow flurries - not my favorite! But I was able to teach my children's class again yesterday so that was a huge blessing! Here's to a wonderful week ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We did our groceries on Sunday too so I could meal prep and have some help since I typically do that on Mondays and it was a nice change; we don't have grocery order/pick up/delivery at all with all but 1 of our local stores and their prices are CRAAAAZY high so we rarely use them. But it's a great option in a pinch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You see it, Andrea! It was really good. Thanks for that- I hope the same for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Holly! It was a fun night. I'm grateful for times with her!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was, Debbie, thank you! I hope you have a great one as well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jennifer, I know that thrilled your heart to get to be back with your kiddos! I bet they missed you while you were recovering.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Joanne, it's good that you have that option occasionally!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Share 4 Somethings

  Happy Saturday, friends! Welcome to the April edition of S4S where we'll be talking about somethings we've  loved  or  disliked , ...