Monday, December 26, 2022

weekending - Christmas weekend and favorite moments

 


Happy Monday, friends! I hope you had a wonderful weekend and Christmas day! We did...it was made even more special by what I'm about to share. I said I probably wasn't going to write a blog post for today, but apparently I like to eat my words. Here's why, though—I stayed home all weekend and got so much done that I had the time to write. 


We got a very light dusting of snow Thursday night, which then turned icy when the temps stayed below freezing. It's beautiful! It was the closest to a white Christmas we'll ever get, most likely. Anyway, as you know, I finished all my shopping on Wednesday of last week, I wrapped everything on Thursday, I stuffed the stockings at five thirty on Friday morning, and then...


I was done. This gave me lots of free time, so I made some goodies for the boys to eat, I cleaned a little, I read a book, and I watched movies. Which is why I'm sharing today...I have some favorites from the weekend I wanted to share with you. I'll start with the beautiful and light snow that we got Thursday night. I put them in chronological order, because I am me, and of course I would do that. This is Thursday night, then Friday morning...etc.




Have you ever heard the song Winter Snow by Audrey Assad with Chris Tomlin? It's one of my favorites! I'll share it here in case you want to listen. The snow falling on Thursday night reminded me of this song.











It was so pretty! It was cold and crystal clear on Friday, which is my favorite kind of weather. I love how the white adds a touch of sparkle to everything. Our sons that live with us stayed out with friends all day, so I never saw them. Drew got to leave work early because of the cold and Noah's work never even opened for the same reason. I was so glad to hear this! Todd ended up going into work for the sheriff's department that night, so I made myself a yummy dinner that my friend Debbie at Millie's Cozy Cottage inspired. 



It's not the best picture, but it was delicious. I made a grilled cheese sandwich on our electric griddle using wheat bread with a lower fat butter spread for the outsides, a tiny bit of mayo and Dijon mustard, and provolone and Colby Jack cheese (one slice of each). 


While I ate my dinner of the sandwich, homemade Chex mix and some orange slices, I watched the cutest movie ever! It's one that my friend Amy at Coffee and Cocktails at the Casa recommended. 



Have you seen About Fate? It was so good! I watched it on Prime TV. I appreciated Amy recommending it to me. It will definitely be a favorite for years to come! And this sweet picture of Callie is another favorite. 



Have I mentioned lately that Drew is Callie's person? I am always taking pictures like this and sending them to him. When he comes home, she's the first one he goes to and she acts so differently with him. I know she misses him! She still sleeps in Drew's old room that belongs to Noah now. Noah likes our dogs, but not like the rest of us, so he's a little indifferent about Callie sleeping in his room each night. 


Other favorites include the obvious... our candlelight Christmas eve service, Christmas day and being with family. I don't take any of these moments for granted! What was the favorite part of your weekend? I would love to hear your answers! I am always interested in how people spend a holiday and the things they love about the day. 



Here are a few of my favorite moments from Christmas day.





They keep me laughing and alternately shaking my head. It was the BEST day. 


Thanks for reading my blog, friends! I'll see you back here tomorrow. Love to all! 

10 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a great weekend and Christmas! And the lunch looks delicious :) I love that you got just a bit of snow. What a special treat to wake up to! We had a great weekend too, but it's going to take me a day or two to recover :) I'm tired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shoutout and I am so glad you enjoyed it. I think Lucky Peacock Designs recommended it - she is a great IG follow, by the way. Our snow fell at night so we couldn't even see it while it was happening and it was too much and too icy. It was 3-4 inches and is still very much on the ground. It changed a lot of peoples' plans. I was done shopping but probably would have gone out and bought a couple more things just because that's what I do with extra time. Ha! Luckily, I had already done the grocery shopping and we had plenty of food. We had a very relaxing time with just the 4 of us and nowhere to go. Tom was off Friday, too, so we literally had 3 days of all of us and the only place we went was to walk the dog. We still are doing Christmas with each side of the family today and tomorrow and hoping to not get too much more snow today. You are lucky to have family all in same town!
    i finished Emily in Paris and our family watched Glass Onion and Wednesday. I am starting a teenager/college movie series called After that is taken from a book series. After is on Hulu and the other three are on Netflix. I like it so far.
    I will be back to blogging probably Wednesday. I want to do some "Best of" posts or at least one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie- the sandwich you shared about last week was the inspiration for mine Friday night! So, thanks for that. I understand...I am usually the same way. For some reason I'm not this year, though. I've already taken down most of my Christmas decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, you have THE BEST recommendations and you just inspired an idea for a blog post I'm going to do this week. Thanks for that! I followed that Lucky Peacock girl on IG- I already love her feed and beautiful pictures.

    Your weekend sounds so nice...not sure if you feel that way, but sometimes it's nice to have a simple holiday. I think that's why I sometimes like being "stuck" at home because of weather. I hope y'all have fun today and tomorrow wrapping up with all your holiday celebrating! I already took down most of my decorations...I have no idea what is wrong with me. I've never done it this early. I did most of it on Christmas night, because all of a sudden, the clutter was making me crazy.

    My husband just shook his head at me and laughed. I'll look forward to you posting again this week!❤

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heading off to check out About Fate right now; I have never heard of that movie! Love your Christmas day family photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like a wonderful and peaceful Christmas weekend Jennifer- thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like a great weekend and Christmas. Ours was not as planned, but it was still good. I know it's late, but I'll probably put up a post in the next little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joanne, I hadn't either! And thank you! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was, Holly! I hope yours was good as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Cathy! I'll be interested to hear about yours!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Share 4 Somethings

  Happy Saturday, friends! Welcome to the April edition of S4S where we'll be talking about somethings we've  loved  or  disliked , ...