Wednesday, June 29, 2022

What's Up Wednesday

 



Happy Wednesday, friends! I'm linking up with Sheaffer and Shay for this blog post. I'll jump right in!


What we're eating this week:


Well, I'm eating all the fresh seafood I can get my hands on! As you read this, I'm at the beach with some friends from church and my favorite thing about being here is the seafood and the gorgeous views.


What I'm reminiscing about:




This picture above cracks me up. This was last Sunday after church. My husband was shooting firecrackers under our deck to scare off the critters living underneath. We have tons of bunnies and chipmunks, but while they're adorable, they're destroying our yard. His hope was to scare them off, but I don't think it worked.


What I'm loving:


Spending time with friends at the beach and for long conversations with my husband to catch up while I'm gone. We've been talking a lot since I left yesterday. I'm so glad he's been able to work from home this week to keep up with our pups while I'm away. I think he's enjoying a house to himself that's quiet and helps him to be productive while the others are at work. I'm loving lazy days of summer and spending time with family and friends.






What we've been up to:


Well, I could answer this, or I could point you to a post I wrote last week giving an update on all the people in my family. Click here to read that post. 



What I'm dreading:


I can't ever think of anything I'm dreading! I also try to be the type of person who looks on the bright side of everything, so I don't usually dread a lot. 



What I'm working on:


Currently I'm writing blog posts for this week because I'm out of town. I'm also working on the Bible study I mentioned yesterday and making changes or helping when I'm able. I'm going to be working on something new when I get home, a "job" of sorts, that I'm excited about. I'll share more about it when I'm more comfortable with it and to give you an update on what it is and how I'm doing.



What I'm excited about:


The rest of this week at the beach! I'm excited about the Fourth of July too. We always go to my mom's and stepdad's for a big party and yummy food. 





What I'm watching/ reading:


I'm currently watching a show called Below Deck, a reality show on sailboating/yachting on Peacock that is SO GOOD. I also binge watched all of The Summer I Turned Pretty on Prime Tv over the weekend and highly recommend it. 

As far as the books I'm reading, check back on Thursday! I'm sharing the books I read in June in that post. 



What I'm listening to:


Currently I'm listening to music and the drum of the A/C. We're about to leave to eat an early dinner tonight at McGuire's Pub in Destin. I'm excited! We haven't really eaten yet today and have just snacked. 



What I'm wearing:




A dress. Minimal makeup. Lotion that smells like the beach. A coverup and swimsuit. Wedges. White shorts and flowy tops. Rinse and repeat.


What I'm doing this weekend:


Well, our town will do fireworks Saturday night, so that and some of the usual. 


What I'm looking forward to next month:


I think I'm just looking forward to more of the same! As I wrote yesterday, I'm soaking up the summer season this year. 



Thanks for reading my blog, friends! Love to all. 



4 comments:

  1. Oh, hope you are enjoying the trip and being near water is so nice with this summer heat. Happy 4th in advance to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Marilyn! It's beautiful here right now. I'm in Destin and have never seen the water so clear or turquoise as it was yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those beach photos look amazing! I always crave seafood when we're near the shore as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Joanne! I do too. I've eaten so good all week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...