Thursday, June 23, 2022

Thankful Thursday

 



Happy Thursday, friends! Rebecca Jo and I are back for another installment of Thankful Thursday. We'd love for you to join us!


I am thankful for the dads I have in my life. I'm fortunate enough to have three! My dad, my dad-in-love and my stepdad. I get to see them all pretty regularly, which is another thing I'm thankful for. As you know, Dad comes over every Friday and I've been seeing Wiley my dad-in-love weekly, then I see Bill at church or at their house when I go out there. 





They've all influenced me in the best ways throughout my life and have taught me so much. They each bring differing things into my life and though they're all different and wonderful in their own ways, one thing they have in common is that they love God and their families. 


I'm thankful that Todd was able to spend last weekend doing what he loves most—working with the sheriff's department. It's his favorite thing and though technically it is "work", it is also his hobby and passion, which makes it fun. He and Graham did this together both Saturday and Sunday nights. 


I am so thankful for answered prayers. I shared about a prayer request that the Lord answered for me with Drew, but He answered another one regarding Noah. He ended up quitting his job yesterday and to say I'm relieved is the understatement of the century. There are so many reasons why, but I was mainly praying over spiritual protection for him. It's a long and drawn out story, but I am so grateful that God answered so quickly. I know He doesn't always answer quickly, but Noah had an opportunity to talk to his boss and he took it. 


I'm thankful for praying friends! My best friend is my prayer warrior and I go to her with a lot. She comes to me too, but the gift of a praying friend like her is priceless. 


I'm thankful for places to cool off, like pools, living rooms and upstairs bedrooms at night with the fan blowing. 


I'm thankful for the opportunity I have to keep a home. I don't know that I've ever said that here before, but I mean every word of that statement. I love doing mundane things around the house and gain immense satisfaction from things like folding laundry, straightening up when everyone leaves, doing other little things that make our house a home and a haven for our family. I am so grateful for this life the Lord has given to me.


Lastly, I'm grateful for things like quality time, music that leads me to worship, a really good new tv show to watch, great books to read, a husband that never minds when I go out of town and quiet nights at home. 


It's your turn! What's something you're thankful for this week? I'd love to hear from you! Thanks for reading my blog, friends. Love to all!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

12 comments:

Michele Morin said...

I get to visit with one of my praying friends today.Such a gift!

Maria Rineer said...

I always enjoy reading your Thursday Thankful posts. You are really fortunate to have many great men in your life- from your dads, your boys, your husband- you have been blessed in the guy department ;). Have a great day, friend!

Rebecca Jo said...

Is there anything better than to see the hand of God work so quickly. Gives the best confirmation that what the Holy Spirit was prompting you to do was right.

Mary said...

Girl, with your comment about loving doing household things, you are a SAINT!!! :)
I loved your comment about all 3 of the father figures in your life. What a blessing!
Thank God for quickly answered prayers! :)

Jennifer said...

Thankful for answered prayer....and praying friends, too. I have been calling on my praying friends quite a bit this week (sigh) but have seen God working and answering specifically. Even in the hard.

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Michele, you are so right! I'm so glad you got to do that today.

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Thank you, Maria! I agree wholeheartedly with what you said.❤

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Rebecca Jo- AMEN!

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Mary, you're so sweet, but I assure you I'm not! I do feel like I was made to be a homemaker, though. It's all I ever wanted to do and the Lord has been faithful to allow me live that out! Thanks for stopping by!

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Jennifer- Amen! I'm so glad you have that as well. They're such a gift! I'm glad to hear the prayer is making a difference, even if it's in a baby step. That's progress!

PaulaShort said...

What a blessed post today. So much to be thankful for indeed.
Visiting today from Thankful Thursday #7

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Thanks, Paula and thanks for stopping by!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...