Monday, June 27, 2022

Hello Monday/weekending

 



Happy Monday, friends! I'm linking up with Holly and Sarah for this blog post. 


I got the weekend started with Dad. For our Friday, it was a busy day! I had been out at seven that morning to get an oil change in my car and by the time he got here, I felt like it had been a full day. He came over and was busy as well and dealing with the company who was scheduled to go to his house to repair their A/C unit.




His phone kept ringing, which was a good thing because it meant they were getting it fixed. It was a really hot week here last week and it wasn't the best timing to be down an A/C unit. We finally finished our BLT's from McAlister's, then we came to my house, where everyone kept coming home. 🤣 Todd has been here for three Fridays in a row, then Graham and Jonah were in and out as well, because they finished early for the day. It was a little chaotic, needless to say, and it went by faster than we'd hoped, but it was still a fun day. He loves getting to see everyone, because that doesn't usually happen anymore since they all work full time.


That night I came home and watched the show I've been watching on Peacock, Below Deck. Have you seen this? I love it! It's a reality show about the sailboat/yacht life and all that entails running such a thing. I had mahi mahi and rice for dinner, which sounds good but was a little overcooked. (I did the fish in the air fryer again and cooked it too long.)


On Saturday, I spent the morning and part of the afternoon with Mom and Trish, my sister. We just ran a few errands and then had a yummy lunch at a Mexican restaurant, where we just had chips and dips. (Salsa, white queso and guacamole.) I came home and read while Todd got ready for work that night, then had pizza for dinner while I watched AN ENTIRE SHOW on Prime Tv. 




I made Oakley ride with me to pick up the pizza. The show I watched is based on a book by Jenny Han—The Summer I Turned Pretty. It's been on my to-read list forever, but I've never gotten around to reading it. I broke my cardinal rule and decided to watch the show before I read the book and I'm glad I did! It was incredible. Have you seen it? There is some language in it, but the rating is 16+, so it's not bad. You should watch it and let me know what you think, but it's the perfect summer show.


On Sunday I went to church and sang in choir, then afterward I joined my husband in the tech room he runs. He is the one who runs the livestream for all of our services. He's very good at his job, which I'm happy to say is actually another job now and he's considered part of the church staff and making compensation for the many hours he puts into this work. 




I love watching him at work. I enjoyed being in there with him, especially when I got hot and he turned on a fan behind me to cool me down. He's my lobster. 😉 


We hung out together for a bit before he went to work, then I went to Costco to load up on food for the guys in my life at home this week, filled up my gas tank, had cauliflower pizza for dinner, did laundry, cleaned up in the house and started packing.




This pizza was SO GOOD! It's Costco's brand of cauliflower pizza that comes with two in a box for $12. I read a little, watched some tv and called it a night so that my mom and I could get an early start on our trip this week. I'll be back here throughout the week, so stay tuned and check back each day!


Tell me something good from your weekend! I'd love to hear from you. Thanks for reading my blog, friends! Love to all! 

12 comments:

  1. I tried to watch The Summer I Turned Pretty and couldn't make it through the first episode. I found the way the teens talked unrealistic. And, the way the kept talking about the girl's appearance and looks was just too much. I have heard it gets better so maybe I will try it again. Maybe I was in a bad mood or something!
    I love Below Deck and Captain Jason - I think you are watching Down Under? If not, watch that one next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother in law just suggested that same show to me this weekend but I haven't gotten around to trying it out yet. We're currently watching ALL the episodes of Friends with our kids and I am loving how much they are enjoying the series since I quote it so much and now they'll get what I'm saying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful weekend you had. I love McAlister's, I usually get the club wrap and chicken dumpling soup. I think I feel a McAlister's visit coming soon. lol

    Oakley is so beautiful and reminds me of our Lily, who we lost about 8-9 years ago. I don't know those shows, but I may have to check them out.

    Hope you have a great time with your mom and I'll pray for safe travels for you.

    I think the best thing about my weekend was the Sunday night Hymn sing we had. Lots of visitors and so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cauliflower crust pizza looks amazing! Glad you had a good weekend - it does sound like a busy one. But busy with all your favorite people...so that is a great weekend! A good thing about my weekend? Lots of extra (more than normal) time with our daughter! Our people really make it, don't they??:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Dad is looking great and glad he will be keeping cool again! Going to try that "Summer" show tonight- thanks for sharing- looks like another awesome weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to check out that show on prime video - thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amy, maybe try it again! It did kinda bug me that they focused so much on her looks at first, but I think it's the brotherly/friendship dynamic. I'm currently on season 2 of Sailing Yacht with Captain Glenn, but I think that one is either next or maybe I'll skip to that one, since I don't love season 2 like I did season 1. Thanks for the rec!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joanne, I love that your mom in law recommended this! I love Friends so much and just recently watched it from season 1 all the way through. I loved seeing it in order again! I think all of our kids have seen it now as well, and they all loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cathy, I love McAlister's! That hymn sing sounds amazing! I know you loved having all the extra visitors. How encouraging! Our worship at church this past weekend was wonderful and the songs really ministered to my heart. I stood up in the choir loft crying the whole time we sang. It was so beautiful and I love when that happens. I could feel the Lord very closely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jennifer, it is SO GOOD. It's a tiny bit salty in the "crust", but other than that, I'll be purchasing it again. Extra time with your girl sounds WONDERFUL. I do love quality time and yes! Our people make everything better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tanya- you're welcome! You'll have to let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holly, thank you! And thanks for hosting us. Let me know what you think of the show if you watch it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites, 4.26.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...