Thursday, December 2, 2021

Thankful Thursday

Happy Thursday, friends! I'm co-hosting this weekly blog part along with Rebecca Jo and Leslie. We hope you'll join in with us in sharing all that we have to be so thankful for. 

I am so grateful that we had a fun women's event at church this week. Tablescapes is always one of my favorite things to do as a women's group and it was the perfect way to kick off the Christmas season. This was Tuesday night of this week. Here are a few pictures I took.


The two pictures above are the table that I hosted. This is how Tablescapes works—someone volunteers to host and decorate a table and their job for the night is to greet the women as they come in and make them feel welcome, then keeping the conversation flowing at the table while we eat together. I love doing this! The kind of table I like to decorate is one that is simple and all about Jesus. I only bought two things and that was only because I wanted to use them at my house after the event. I gave each lady a little happy to take him in the form of either a nativity ornament or an ornament with the word "believe" on the front. 

The dinner was served at six thirty and at seven our musical guests started their set. I loved the group this year! Highroad is named after one of my favorite verses. Proverbs 3:6 says this—in all your ways know him, and he will make your paths straight.



It was such a fun night and I always love walking around to look at all the beautifully decorated tables. We couldn't have this last year, so it felt so wonderful for it to be back this year.

I'm thankful for the two slow mornings in a row I've been able to enjoy. Most of you know how much I love to be up early, and after I read blogs and browse social media for five minutes, I like to grab a second cup of coffee and read.

I'm thankful to be able to be a part of the worship ministry. We have fun together and we had a great time decorating our church on Monday night.



These friends and I did the garlands on those rails overlooking the grand foyer. It was such a fun night! Before we got started, we ate Chick Fil A for dinner.

After days off and all of us home together, I was thankful for them to go back to work on Monday. 🤣 I have slipped into a sweet spot of being at home in the mornings after everyone leaves. I take my time with Jesus every morning, then I go upstairs to make my bed, get dressed and tidy up. I am so thankful for the years that the Lord provided for us for me to stay home with them. I loved those years of being their mom and doting on them. I always refer to those years as the golden years and I still think they are, but that can be said for just about any age. I've always discovered that whatever ages my sons are, it's my favorite age. I love them all, of course, but I genuinely like them. They're just good and kind guys. They smile a lot, they always tell me about their day, they call me as they drive and they all give me hugs regularly, or at least when I ask.

I am so thankful for all of this. 

I'd love to hear from you! What are you most thankful for this week? Has one thing or a few things stood out to you? I'd love to hear from you! I've been inspired to start a new blog series next week in which I talk about the goodness of God. There is a song that I've loved for a while that prompted that idea this week. I'll leave you with the video, because you all know how much I love a great worship song. This is Goodness of God by CeCe Winans.

Thanks for reading my blog, friends. Here's the link for you to join in with us below. Love to all! ❤


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

6 comments:

  1. Your church is beautiful! I'm looking forward to those quiet mornings next month after I retire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I havent been to a holiday women's tea in years - those are always so fun for the holidays

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thankful that my long term sub job is almost over. It will be great to not have to be anywhere early in the morning. I will never take quiet mornings with the day stretched out in front of unemcumbered for granted :). Your tablescape was very pretty! I'm glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rebecca Jo, I think so too! I love these nights.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maria, I bet you are so excited for that! I'm excited for you. I know you'll love the mornings much more when you have that leisure time again. Thank you! I hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I hope your week is going well. Mine is—it's actually flying right by. I will say that I wish this part would...