Sunday, November 28, 2021

share four somethings, November edition

 

I'm joining in with Heather for this month's edition of Share Four Somethings, where we share about what we've loved, read or said, something treasured and something ahead. 

Something loved: November brought about so many wonderful things. My pastor's wife (who had been in the hospital with covid/pneumonia, then later in a care facility) came home was one huge thing and answer to prayer. November brought about cooler weather, changing colors in the leaves where I live, and the months brought about continuing in traditions like doing my dad's outdoor lights with my sister Trish.





November brought about quality time with people I love, times of laughter and reconnecting with my friends whom I never see enough and my love of the peppermint milkshake from Chick-Fil-A that I love so much and that you see evident in my smile in this picture above.

Something read or said: I have been reading in several good places in the Bible. In my daily reading Bible lately, I've been in the books of Ezekiel, Psalm, Proverbs and Hebrews. There is so much goodness there! I've been reading some wonderful promises through the scripture writing plan I use each month that Shannon from swtblessings.com makes.

November brought about a dynamic speaker coming and preaching at my church and witnessing a miracle before my very eyes. A friend of mine had been worried about the dad of their grandson and the dad "just so happened" to be at church this particular day—and when the speaker Chad Williams gave an invitation at the end of his message, that dad was saved and gave his life to the Lord that day! November brought about some wonderful sermons from my pastor (who is my favorite of all time) on messages out of the book of John. One such message was titled "A Crisis of Faith" and what to do when we walk through fiery trials, and another great one called "Living Victoriously" that inspired me to begin the writing process on my portion of our next Bible study that we're writing as a team. 

Something treasured: November brought about more of my favorite thing—quality time. It's my top love language and my favorite thing, especially the older I get. Quality time can be with my man on a date night, our sons when we're all home together at the same time, my parents, my siblings, my friends. I've had all of that this month and I've treasured each moment. This picture below was one I took at Dad's house Friday night while Trish and I watched a Christmas movie with him and Sandy. 

I treasure each of the moments the good Lord gives me with all of the ones I mentioned. It doesn't matter if it's something in person like when Andrea and I went out (above) one night on my town square to do some catching up and Christmas shopping, or if it's an hour spent on the phone with my best friend Missy or my dear friend Dedee. Each of those times is a gift from the Lord and I am always so grateful when He gives me the gift of time.

Something ahead: As I write this, I'm listening to my new favorite song, O Come All Ye Faithful (His Name Shall Be) by Passion and Melodie Malone. There's the video for the song below, which I'd love for you to listen to if you have some time.

It's not the day of Christmas that I love so much, friends. It's the entire season that begins right before the days leading up to Thanksgiving and continuing through January 1 of the new year. The season brings about kindness more easily witnessed, joy that is evident in others, a sense of hope and anticipation in the hearts of others around. One of the things that I love so much is the Christmas music, and I don't mean the traditional carols—I prefer Christmas worship music like this song I shared above. Read a few of these lyrics:

O come all ye faithful, joyful and triumphant

O come, o come ye to Bethlehem

Come and behold Him, born the King of angels

O come let us adore Him, o come let us adore Him, o come let us adore Him—Christ the Lord!

His name shall be wonderful, Counselor

His name shall be everlasting Father

His name shall be Prince of peace, mighty God

His name shall be Emmanuel!

How can you not worship when the lyrics come straight of our Scripture? This particular passage is Isaiah 9:6.

For a child will be born for us, a son will be given to us, and the government will be on his shoulders. He will be named Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.

So, that is what I am looking forward to in the days ahead. 

Thanks for reading my blog! Love to all. 

7 comments:

Cindy said...

I love all the happiness and cheer from your post! I just had a weekend with family and am feeling the blessings of all that quality time. Have a blessed December.

Maria Rineer said...

Great post! I completely agree about the whole holiday season being wonderful not just the day of Christmas. I hope you have a great week, friend.

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Cindy- thank you! I had the same kind of weekend and felt those same feelings. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family! Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Maria- thank you! Yes, you get it too. A lot of people think it's the actual day and reason that I love, but neither of those has anything to do with my love of the whole season. I could care less about gifts- it's the traditions, the family time, the family and friends that I love so much. I hope you have a great day tomorrow!

Donna said...

jennifer, such beautiful reflections on November! It IS a treasure to spend quality time with people we love and doing things that breathe life into our souls!

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Donna, thank you! And thank you for stopping by and reading my blog. I hope you come back regularly and check in. I love meeting new friends! Have a great day!

Heather Gerwing said...

So glad your pastor's wife is home and that you were able to have quality time with loved ones.

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...