Friday, November 26, 2021

Friday Favorites, 11.26.21


 Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with Andrea and Erika for this weekly blog post. How was your Thanksgiving? Have you recovered from overeating yet? I saw this meme that said something about that—something like, "I love how people pretend that Thanksgiving day is the one day a year they overeat." Isn't that accurate? Our day was lovely. A little quieter than usual, but some years are like that. It was a huge improvement over last year, when we all had covid and had to stay home and couldn't even eat the food my family brought us.

That being said, I have some favorites from the week! I thought I'd share.

I got to spend quality time with my pretty mom TWICE this week! That's a record. Spending time with her is my favorite! I love eating sushi with her and doing some light shopping. That's what we did on Wednesday. 

You know that reading is my favorite hobby, but I especially love Christmas books! I'm writing this on Thanksgiving night and I have big plans to finish this book tonight so that I can start on my next one I have waiting. 


This is one of my favorite Bible verses. So is this stone that the verse is inscribed on. This is something I bought for myself last week—it's tumbled marble from Ephesus, which is where Paul the apostle wrote some of his epistles! The book of Ephesians would have been written for those who lived in Ephesus, which is why I love this stone. It's so meaningful to me because Ephesians is one of my favorite books in the new testament. The maker of this is Twelve Stone Art and I included the link in case you want to check it out for yourself. 


This was one of my favorite things I saw online this week. Do you have a friend like that one? I feel like that I'm usually that one friend. I am so clumsy and am always tripping or running into something. 


Consider this your warning—from now until the new year, I am FULL ON Christmas mode, friends. Give me all the bright colors, all the glitter, all the Christmas cheer one can stand, because CHRISTMAS IS MY FAVORITE. 


These shoes and graphic tee are a couple of my newest favorites. The tee came from Old Navy, the clogs are some I bought last Saturday while I was with my mom and are my favorite brand of shoes—Dansko. They're so good for people who have any issues with their feet, which I do. I have tendonitis in my ankles and my left foot has been broken twice in the same spot, so along with all that and plantar fasciitis, they hurt almost all the time. I can do cheap everything, but I never skimp on shoes. None of us in our family do, actually. We have always bought inexpensive clothes and good shoes. If your feet hurt, it can make your entire body hurt. I know this because of the years I spent working at my sons' school. The floors were concrete and I spent three hours a day for four years walking on them and my poor feet were never again the same.


My favorite thing to see is something like this picture—one of my sons loving dogs. Oakley belongs to Graham and he is her very favorite. They're the sweetest thing.



Todd took me to one of my favorite places Wednesday night! This is a taco truck near his shop and their street tacos are incredible. The steak in these is very flavorful. I can't wait to go back to get one of their quesadillas.



This is my nephew Tyler. Isn't he so handsome? It's always a favorite when one of my cute nephews will take a picture with me. I'm so glad he joined us at my mom's yesterday for Thanksgiving!


Having Drew home is one of my favorite things. He was so tired from working the night before. We got home from Mom's and he came right inside and laid here to take a short nap.
 


One of my favorite things is to see how much my sons love their vehicles. It makes me so happy to know they love life. Graham and Drew love their vehicles too, but I'm being lazy and don't feel like scrolling to find pictures to show you of theirs.

I hope you had a great week and a wonderful time celebrating the holiday! I am excited about this morning. I am treating it like a Saturday and I'll be waking up and watching a Hallmark movie. We have another Thanksgiving celebration tonight with my dad, but only part of us can be there, thanks to work schedules. This is what adulting looks like. 

Thanks for reading my blog, friends! Love to all. ❤




2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog, and I LOVE IT!! Do you know the name of your Dansko clogs? They are so cute, and cute on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, Jill! Thanks for stopping by and for the kind words! I look forward to seeing you here again and checking out your blog! The clogs are called Dansko Women's Kane SlipOn Mule. They run a little big, so I would size down if I were you. The material is rubbery and lightweight, so they're really comfy. Amazon sells them, but I bought these at Dillard's. Happy shopping and thanks again for the encouragement! ❤

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites, 4.26.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...