Tuesday, October 19, 2021

share four somethings, October edition

 

Happy Tuesday, friends! I'm linking up (perhaps a few days early) with Heather Gerwing for this month's "share four somethings", where we talk about something we loved, something we said or read, something treasured, and something ahead.

I'll jump right in!

Something loved:

So far this month, I've loved celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary with my main squeeze, I've loved cooler temperatures and putting out my cute fall stuff, and I've loved days spent at home getting things done or reading a good book.


Something read or said:

I'm in the process of writing a blog post about the books I read in October, so I'll save the something read for that post. Keep checking back, though! I'll post it the last week in October. 

My favorite thing recently said came this past Sunday from my Pastor. Many of you know his wife has been extremely sick from covid and pneumonia. She was on a ventilator, then they were trying to wean her off of that, then she was moved to a restorative care unit in another hospital and had a trach collar, but now they have removed that and he told us in the service on Sunday that for the first time in five (six?) weeks, she was watching our service online! I truly feel like this is a miracle, friends. I know that God still moves in ways like that and I know many of us were praying for that. God is the same yesterday, today and forever! 

Sweet Darlene still has lots of recovery ahead, but she is moving in the right direction! I cannot imagine the relief and gratitude my Pastor feels. Also, because it's Pastor Appreciation month, I have to say once again how thankful I am for this godly man. He leads us so well and even in his own turmoil and anguish over the uncertainty of his wife's outcome, he still encouraged us and preached almost every week. I truly look to him as someone ahead of me in life whom I trust and whose opinion I value. 

And because I am a visual person, here is a picture of them from their last anniversary. I know many of you were praying for her with me and I am so thankful for your prayers and encouragement. 

Something treasured:

Oh, just all the memories like this one from the memories on Facebook. 

And moments like this, when we're all together under one roof again. Drew came home last week for dinner and this was what he did afterward. He loves his dogs and misses having them for companionship. 

The days are long, but the years are short.

Something ahead:


Oh, nothing much. Just ALL. THE. CHRISTMAS. I am 99% sure that it's going up early again this year and I am here for it! Now to just convince the rest of the family so they'll help me get it all down and into the right room.

This is always a fun post to write. Thanks for reading my blog, friends! Love to all. 

8 comments:

  1. I think with delays in shipments of goods making Christmas shopping early necessary, completely justifies decorating early for Christmas (though you really don't even need a justification for it :)). That is great news about your pastor's wife!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria- I like your way of thinking! And you are right about the shipping delays and such. Thanks- I am so glad to be able to share that about Dar today. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing about Darlene - so wonderful to read! Yes, I was praying with you...and will continue to do so. Definitely a miracle!! Loved your flashback photo - what cuties!! Oh, and all the puppy snuggles!! Love it! Hope your week is off to a great start my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for those prayers, Jennifer! I was so thrilled to hear him say those words. I miss those days of having little boys...I hope I treasured each moment. I like to think I did. It is good so far! I hope yours is too!

      Delete
  4. I have a friend who is talking about putting up her tree this weekend - LOL ... why not. I think our radio station starts Christmas music next week so BRING IT ON

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean why not?! Hallmark starts playing their Christmas movies this week, so it's time, right? Just kidding...nobody would let me get away with this so early. I hope you're having a good week so far, Rebecca Jo!

      Delete
  5. I didn’t realize it was Pastor Appreciation Month!! I will have to think of something simple we can do for ours. So glad Darlene is continuing to improve. Yay for all things Christmas!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! That's a great idea, Bri! We are so happy for our Pastor and Darlene...I can't wait for the day I see her in church. Yay for all the Christmas things!! ❤

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Share Your Shelf!

  Happy Thursday and bonus post day, friends! I'm joining up with Joanne , Tanya , and Marilyn to talk about the great books I read thi...