Wednesday, September 29, 2021

What's Up Wednesday


Happy Wednesday, friends! Here is a little glimpse of what we were up to both this week so far and the month of September. 

What we're eating this week:

Well, Monday night we had pizza. Last night Drew and one of his roommates came over for Dorito chicken casserole, rice, green beans and rolls. Tonight we'll have something leftover, most likely. Tomorrow night I'm probably going to make meatloaf and Friday night I'll probably have leftovers again. Nobody is ever here, but on week nights, it's always Todd, Noah and me. 

What I'm reminiscing about:


This was five or six years ago, at my niece's wedding weekend in Denver. My sister Debi and I ended up beside each other and we were acting silly for this picture. I do remember loving the champagne we toasted them with. My dad was here last week and we started talking about another time when the four of us girls were together for Trish's birthday weekend in Nashville. We had made reservations to go to a dinner/theater type thing to see Steel Magnolias, and we assumed it was a dressy event. We pulled in and saw that it was a senior citizen's center and most people were in shorts and t-shirts, yet there we were, dressed to the nines. The dinner was mediocre at best and Debi was trying to have the best attitude about it and took a big bite and goes, "Mmmm! This is good!" and I spit out my drink. I was telling Dad about this on Friday and we got so tickled, because he could just hear Debi say that. 

Fun times. 

What I'm loving:


Seeing my sons thrive. I love that they're loving this phase of life. Noah loves his new (to him) car, Jonah loves his truck, Graham loves his dog and will love when his truck is back home, Drew loves his new job at St. Jude. Happy sons does my heart good. 

What we've been up to:

Not much, honestly. We've been at church a lot, because we had a night of worship this past weekend, which was so good. Todd was there for one night to help set up the extra equipment they used. Todd and I are still watching Manifest, but we're on the last season. We live pretty simple and mundane lives, which I love. The boys stay busy and are constantly in and out...so much so that I am using a sound machine app on my phone to help me rest better at night. I'm reading a TON.

What I'm dreading:

Going back to my Kroger when it reopens. I'm both dreading and looking forward to it, if that makes sense. I'm eager to see my friends that I've gotten to know after years of shopping there, but I'm not sure how I'll feel walking into the doors where a deranged man walked into it and started shooting people last week. For anyone new here, we had a mass shooting there last week, at my Kroger, a mile from my home. I actually should have been there at the exact time of the shooting, but my lunch date ran late and I had to postpone going to Kroger until after my appointment at two...but then I never went, because the shooting occurred. Here is a statement my town put out:


I wrote a post about this here. I am thankful that as terrible as this was, it wasn't worse than it ended. A friend of mine was there shopping who later passed away from her injuries. 

On with the lighter stuff now...

What I'm working on:

All of the usual. Writing, blog stuff, house stuff, a few other things.

What I'm excited about:

October! I love this month. I'm ready for the cooler weather. My husband and I celebrate our 25th anniversary on the fourth!

What I'm reading/watching:

I just finished Nantucket Weddings by Pamela Kelley, but I wrote about the books I read this month on Monday. Here is that post. 

We are watching Manifest, and when I'm alone and wanting to watch a movie, I'm watching The Hallmark Channel movies. I love their fall movies, but there don't seem to be as many this year. I'm not sure if that's actually true, but the ones I've seen have been great! 

What I'm listening to:

Currently, nothing. All is quiet here as I write this. Music wise, there is nothing new and as far as podcasts go, I have a few favorites...The Big Boo Cast, The Bestie Breakdown, The Naked Marriage...

What I'm wearing:

I'm still wearing some of the dresses I bought from this summer, because it's hot. However, I did transition my closet and switched up the order of my clothes, with the fall ones at the front. So, that means I'm wearing all the fall colors. For example:


The best of both worlds! Poncho, jeans, wedges, dark colors on my nails.

What I'm doing this weekend:

I'm sure I'll be reading a lot, and most likely I'll find myself here by myself, which means I'll be watching movies and eating something delicious solo. I'm not necessarily complaining. I'll go to church, which I'm always excited about.

What I'm looking forward to next month:

Cooler weather? I've said this already. Our anniversary. Lots of good things.

What else is new:

I have an upcoming writing opportunity that I'm starting to think about and get some ideas for. That's always exciting! I have some things I'm praying about and that I talked about with a friend last week at lunch. I am starting to think about the upcoming holidays, because I keep hearing we need to be prepared for delays this year. I think that's about all!

Thanks for reading my blog! I linked up with Shay for this blog post. Love to all!

12 comments:

  1. Love the photo of your outfit. So cute! Sounds like you have as much fun with your sister as I do mine.

    Hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great October with cooler weather and a milestone anniversary. Isn't it so gret to see our kids doing what they love? So thankful. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can imagine the happiness you feel knowing your boys are in good places. I keep thinking about your town and Kroger every time I pass by ours. I can see how you would have conflicting emotions. On a lighter note, I love the outfit pic. Super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy kids mean a happy mama! I'm so glad you weren't at the Kroger, and I know it will be weird to go back when it reopens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how scary about your local Kroger! Glad your lunch date was running late.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Cathy! Aren't sisters the best?! I'm so fortunate to have four and a brother...I just only regularly see three of them. Our time together is priceless. Hopefully I'll see them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marilyn, YES! I'm pretty excited. I am always so thankful for "kids" that are thriving. I couldn't be more proud. I hope your day has been good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Maria, for your thoughts and prayers! I still can't believe it, as it seems something out of a nightmare. I had an older friend today in my small group that told me she was there in the parking lot loading her groceries into her car as the gunman was shooting. Someone ran out and told her to leave immediately and he threw everything into her car for her. I'm so he took care of her that way! She is in her late eighties.

    Thanks for the outfit compliment! Ponchos are my new favorite thing to wear. I love this one I found at a little boutique last year. I hope you've had a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tanya, right??? I love this phase of life. Thank you! It'll be so weird, but I'm also anxious to get back (in a good way) so I can love on my friends who work there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm belatedly catching up on my What's Up Wednesday reading :) I cannot imagine what it will be like to go back to your Kroeger for the first time. I will be thinking of, and praying for, you as you navigate that very difficult first.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, Natasha! Believe it or not, they're still not open. There has not been a reopening date that's been released yet. I know they took the time to remodel while they've been closed.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I can't believe it's already this day in the week. Wasn't it just yesterday that I was getting ready ...