Friday, September 10, 2021

Friday Favorites, 9.10.21

 

Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with Andrea and Erika for this weekly blog post. 

I have to say right up front, which is not at all like me, this week has not been my favorite. Once again it has felt heavy and there are lots of hard things going on in the lives of people that I know and love. Life is so hard sometimes! I'm so thankful for the hope that we have in Jesus. Even when things are so hard, I know that He is right there with me and He is always at work within our lives, because He dwells within us who belong to Him and by through the power and ministry of His Holy Spirit.

Also, can you believe tomorrow is the twenty year anniversary of 9/11? It does not seem possible.

On a lighter note, there have been some bright spots here and there throughout the hard, and that's what I am going to focus on today. 


I cannot even handle how cute this dog is. I'm so glad we have her in our home! She makes me laugh, she makes me swoon with how cute and sweet she is, and sometimes she makes me crazy because she doesn't listen well yet. Even being so, puppy cuddles are my favorite. She loves to sleep on me or in my lap as I sit in my chair.


Bible verses like these are always my favorite thing to read. This is so wise and practical! It's also very, very hard to do, especially in light of our world today.


Have you heard of this podcast? It's all about God stories from people just like you and me. This particular day Sophie Hudson was the guest, and it was one of my favorite things I heard all week. She is such a great encourager! It makes me want to read her books all over again.


These 3 wick candles from Aldi are my new favorite candles. The ones I got (all the same) are "Pumpkin Apple Fritter" and smell divine. They're $3.99! I got one for $6.99 that smells like something baking in the cutest fall ceramic jar. I made a special trip there yesterday just for the candles, because when I went to HomeGoods last week, none of theirs were what I was looking for.

(My other favorite brand of candles are sold there, the DW Home brand.)


Seeing our dear friends and old neighbors on Sunday was one of my favorite moments from the week. I was so glad they dropped by unexpectedly! It's been way too long since I last saw them, at least three years. 

Bible study day was one of my favorite days as well, and my friend Lynn taught this week. She did SUCH a great job! We have some incredible teachers within our women's ministry and I feel so fortunate to be a part. (I only write, I am not a teacher.)

Seeing my dad is always a favorite part of my week and today is no exception. I even have plans to make us a yummy lunch of tortellini with sauce, salad and garlic bread.

Phone conversations that uplift are always my favorite. I may not see or spend time with my best friend much these days, but I treasure our phone conversations. I've talked to her several times this week, because of it being a hard week. 

Time with my husband has been my favorite thing this week, as well. We spend our nights watching Manifest on Netflix. It's SO GOOD.

I can't wait for church on Sunday. It's my favorite place to be these days and one of the few places I go each week. I'm on a kick of staying home, which I never get upset about. Our home is my favorite place to be and it makes me so happy when it smells good and looks cozy for when the weather finally changes.

Well, I could go on, but I'll end it here with a couple of new and possibly favorite worship songs. Know that this is my heart's cry this week, when everything feels hard. 



I hope you listen to these a few times and that the Lord ministers to you through them both.

Thanks for reading my blog, friends, and thank you again for all the sweet words and encouragement lately. Love to all. ❤

4 comments:

  1. Just looked up that podcast and am going to give it a listen this weekend. Thanks for sharing!! Have a wonderful weekend, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your Saturday is going well. Lots of home time...soul-replenishing time! Have a wonderful day tomorrow as well. I love Sundays, too!! (PS - such a cute puppy!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you like it as much as I did, Bri! I hope your weekend was good, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Jennifer! I love the time at home!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I hope your week is going well. Mine is—it's actually flying right by. I will say that I wish this part would...