Tuesday, August 24, 2021

share four somethings-- August edition

 

Happy Tuesday, friends! Once I month I link up with Heather G to share four somethings from the month. I love documenting things like this from each month—I love to look back on these every once in a while. Here are the things I loved, read, treasured and look ahead to next month.

Loved:


We added a new puppy into our family. This is Oakley, my oldest son's dog. She is all his, but when I am home during the day, I watch her. I love her and am enjoying her being small enough to cuddle with. I don't love this puppy phase, though and she takes a lot of consistent work.


Every night, Graham comes home and does this. He loves dogs! 


I loved our date night a couple weekends ago. We went out with some friends, to dinner and an escape room. It was a fun night!


I loved that our Drew got his dream job at St. Jude here in Memphis!


I loved that Bible study started back in person. We'll continue to meet each week as long as we're allowed. I loved the things I was able to do with my church family. I don't take things like that for granted, because I'll never forget those months that we couldn't meet or do ANYTHING. 

Read:

ALL. THE. BOOKS. I don't want to give away too many details because I'm working on a blog post about the books I read this month for next week. I read several new authors, though and I loved most of what I read. I love it when that happens! 

I love to read. It's been the greatest hobby lately! I read to escape reality, so know that I read mostly fiction books. Occasionally I'll read a memoir, but it has to be someone I look up to or whose life is admirable or inspiring. My favorite memoirs are written by Ree Drummond, Melanie Shankle and Sophie Hudson.

Treasured:


I hesitated to share this picture, because I never want to come off as prideful, but most of you know me pretty well by now. One thing I treasure are the times when I'm able to help in leading worship for our church. I love to sing, and I love to help lead in worship. It's something that I think we take for granted and it's so important to spend a few moments (at least) doing this in order to prepare our hearts for message or time of teaching that follows. Even if you don't enjoy singing, or can't carry a tune in a bucket, it's so important to participate! I love to just sing (softly or loudly, depending on the circumstance) and close my eyes as if I'm singing to Jesus Himself. I love to worship Him and it's something that His word talks about so many times. God alone is worthy of our praises! 

(Thanks to my friend Desiree for taking this picture.)

Ahead:

It's almost my favorite time of year!! I love all the months that end with B-E-R and I REALLY love fall. Once September the first comes, it's time to pull out all the fall decorations. Those will stay up until I decorate for Christmas. I always look forward to the month of September, because it seems like in my area, that's when the mornings get a little cooler. I'm looking forward to being able to use our deck again! It's just too hot in the summer months for us to sit out there past early June. In honor of that, I'll leave you with a picture of how pretty it is out there with all the pillows in place and the lights turned on.



Well, I can't find one with the lights on, but you get the gist. Thanks for reading my blog! Love to all. 

5 comments:

  1. Your deck and backyard area looks so peaceful! September is my favorite month... I decorate for fall, and like you, keep it up until Christmas decor comes out. Hey... I saw the devastating flooding going on in TN this morning on the news! Is that near you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Bri! I love it out there...as long as it's not a thousand degrees outside. Ha! We cannot take the heat and all the bugs and it's buggy back there. I love this time of year! So it's about two and a half or three hours away from us- the crazy thing is that as much as it flooded there, it didn't rain one drop here. I know someone whose house was flooded and they had cars and other homes in their yard. They had to be rescued by boat out their second story window! Praise God they were okay, but several people died and are still missing. So sad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a HUGE book nerd so of course, I want to know what books you have been reading, lol! I love the quote with Ross, I was also a huge Friends fan ;)Congratulations to your son for getting his dream job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to our fall women's bible study starting back up later this month!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Hello Monday

  Happy Monday, friends! I'm linking up with  Holly  and  Sarah  for today's post. I hope you had a good weekend! Mine was good, but...