Tuesday, July 20, 2021

girlfriend's getaway to Nashville recap

 

Happy Tuesday, friends! 

I thought I'd share about a weekend trip I took with some girlfriends a couple of weeks ago. We left bright and early on a Friday morning and began the drive to Nashville, Our friend Teresa (sweet T) had never been there to visit and we had lots to show her. Our first stop was an old distillery. We ate lunch, we shopped and we drove around the upper and lower 'hoods. (That's an inside joke.)






When I took this picture of this church, you should have heard us laughing. T asked what the place was and Missy said it was a church and T said back, "Of Dracula?" and we all just died.

You probably had to be there, but we got kind of got turned around and that just made it all even funnier.

After this, we went to see the Parthenon, which I had not ever seen either.


It's beautiful! I'm such a sucker for architecture. Then we went to one of our favorite places—McCay's Used Bookstore. We were all basically in Heaven.

After that, we checked into our hotel and unpacked, then we went to eat dinner at Cracker Barrel. Know that the whole time we were gone, Todd was here in Memphis finding a car to buy me while I was gone and I kept having to walk away for conversations. I was so thankful that he did that while I was gone, because I hate car shopping!

I was asleep by nine forty five.

On Saturday we got up and had our quiet times, took our times showering and left around eleven to go into Franklin. 


While we waited on a table at Pucket's Grocery, we sat outside and across the street. It felt so good for most of the day and while we sat there, it was so windy. After lunch we shopped some more, then we went back to our hotel.


There is this really cool store in Franklin called Philanthropy. They donate a portion of their profits to help impoverished people around the world and this church is in the middle of the store—you can go inside and write out a prayer request and hang it on the wall. This made me cry the first time I saw it, and T had the exact same reaction. I got teary eyed myself as I read some of the sweet prayer requests little children had written in their handwriting.




Missy would not pose with us in front of the happy wall, because she wasn't very happy at that exact moment in time. All the stores were so humid inside and I'm pretty sure the three of us were sweating profusely.







We all rested for a bit inside of the frozen tundra that was our room and (napped—me) chilled. Literally.


(I made myself laugh when I said we chilled.)

We ate dinner at American Taphouse (also in Franklin) and because it felt so good, we had dinner outside. It was delicious!

We called it an early night and headed back to the hotel. Missy called her hubby and T and I swam until we ran out by little kids. We stayed up until midnight watching Friends, then we all slept soundly and late the next morning.

It was GLORIOUS.

Again, we all had our quiet times and took our time getting showers/dressed and packed up, then we left to go to a couple of stores before having lunch. We ate lunch at Schlotzky's (SO GOOD), where we all had yummy sandwiches and cinnamon rolls as big as our faces.


Leave it to good ole Missy Byrd to take a picture of me eating a huge bite of a cinnamon roll. I'm rolling my eyes.

After this we started the drive back home, because none of us felt great. Maybe because of the sugar we consumed?? Missy and I both had sinus headaches and T just felt kind of bad as well. We made one last stop before we got home and then Missy dropped us each off. Thanks to a wrecked vehicle, she was our chauffeur all weekend, for which I am so grateful! It was a blast of a trip and it turns out that when we got back to normal on Monday, both T and Missy would see how much they needed that sweet little getaway before the crazy of life set back in, either from a work thing or an unexpected family death. 

That is just one of those sweet things about the Lord. He knows what we need before WE even know what we need, and He has this way of helping us rest before things get busy again. He is so good like that and I'll never get used to how amazed I am that He is always in all of the little details of life. Do you know Him?

Well, thank you for reading along! This one's for my memories, so I never want to assume anyone else reads posts like this. Have a great Tuesday! Love to all. 

4 comments:

  1. Franklin is such a cute town and so fun to have get-a-ways with friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is, Marilyn! I love it there. I love all the hills and the beauty, as well. It always amazes me how different it looks there, especially because we're so close. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun! My daughter & grandkiddos live in nashville & so many of these pics are right around her area where she lives :)
    "of Dracula" - that made me laugh
    So glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I hope you get to visit them often. We laughed over that comment all weekend long. We needed all those laughs! I hope you had a good day at work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites, 4.26.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...