Friday, July 30, 2021

Friday Favorites, 7.30.21

 

Happy Friday, friends! I am linking up with Andrea and Erika for this week's version of all my favorite things. 

The weather this week has definitely NOT been my favorite, but these memes helped some.


Let the people say amen.

I listened to my favorite podcast yesterday while I made lunch and coffees for the guys here to take to work with them. 

Sophie Hudson and Melanie Shankle are two of my favorite bloggers/ authors and they are no less than hilarious as they talk about all the mindless things. I laughed particularly hard at this one because they started off with a topic I've heard my guys talk about this week―the SEC adding two more teams to their conference. 

What podcasts do you listen to that are funny? I'd love some suggestions.

This white polish is my favorite in the summer! I got my nails done this week, but this will be the last time I'll get this extra bright white until next summer. I only do this shade when I have a tan.

As much as I love bright and light colors (and all the other fun colors I've worn this summer), once September arrives I wear dark colors. It's my favorite time of year that we're almost at!


Aren't my sunglasses cute? They're my new favorites. I love Target's collection of sunglasses.

My favorite day this week was Tuesday, when I met my sister here and swam for a few hours.


My second favorite day was Wednesday, when I had a meeting at our church. We had lots to talk about and it was SUCH a great, productive meeting. I feel like we hit our sweet spot and were on a roll as we talked about things to come for the women's ministry.

How has your week been? I'd love to hear from you! Thanks for reading my blog, friends. Love to all. 

9 comments:

  1. Love that pool...such a beautiful picture. Love you white nails too! I'll have to go check that podcast and I enjoy listening to Annie F. Downs That Sounds Fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...laughed so hard at the one about unsticking your thighs from plastic chairs meme. It made me think of summer church services (the only time I wear a dress or skirt) and getting up to sing with your dress stuck to the backs of your thighs. And trying to be invisible while you pull it away. LOL I'm with you on Fall. It's my favorite time of year. Bring on the pumpkin spice everything! Thank you, by the way, for helping Rebecca Jo out with Thankful Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your white nails look so nice. I can see getting that color with a tan. That pool looks lovely! Glad you had a great time with your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry the week has not been your best...only means Monday will be even sweeter! Love the fresh start Monday brings!! I love your nails. I am ready for the darker colors but I'm milking another whole month of summer as long as I can....and those nails would look perfect. Do you know the color?? And - I need a friend with a pool like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Next week in the 80's will seem like fall after this week :). That white nail polish looks so pretty. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cathy- thank you! And thanks for that podcast recommendation too, I'll check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stacy, isn't that one hilarious? I totally get what you're saying too and I always try to pull it off of my thighs as I'm standing to make it less obvious. Ha! You're welcome- thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Jennifer! We have lots in common, don't we? I think it's called Baby Powder. At my place, it looks like DD 01. It's dip powder.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Marilyn! That'll almost feel like fall after the last week we've had!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I can't believe it's already this day in the week. Wasn't it just yesterday that I was getting ready ...