Friday, July 23, 2021

Friday Favorites, 7.23.21

 


Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with Andrea and Erika for this weekly blog post. 

How has your week been? Mine has been good, albeit a little crazier than normal, but still really good. Do you just have those days where it goes completely opposite of how you thought it would? That's been me all week and I feel like it's been the same for my husband. He and my oldest son are working themselves half to death with work right now! Again, I am thankful for this, because it's business the Lord has provided for them. I don't know if I've ever mentioned this, but they repair medical equipment for doctor's offices, some hospitals, dentists and veterinarians. My days have been minor compared to theirs. As of last night, my oldest son had already worked fifty hours this week. 

Anyway, here are some of my top favorite things from this week, in no particular order.

This is one of my favorite verses―and one thing I love to do is encourage people I know who need prayer and the reminder that no matter what they go through or what happens in a certain situation, God is going to help them through. I texted this to a friend on Sunday night. 

Another favorite? This girl on TikTok. There is something extremely satisfying about watching her videos! She inspired me to clean out my fridge on Wednesday and my friend and I are both talking about buying some clear bins and doing this in our kitchens. I told her when she does hers first to invite me over so I can watch her like I watch this girl on TikTok. 😂

First it was cute dog videos and now it's cleaning and restocking ones. I can easily fall down into the rabbit hole of watching these. 

Another favorite is still my car, the one on the left. I'm still trying to come up with a name for her and am leaning toward Peri(winkle), Dory or Iris. 

I took this at church on Wednesday night to show my friend that I was meeting for Bible study. Even our cars are cute together, the little VWs that they are.

Why yes, I am still wearing my favorite dresses nonstop! I took this at church on Wednesday night as well. I've worn and washed them so many times already, and they've held up extremely well. If you're new to the blog, they came from Walmart! I'm so impressed with their quality. I bought two in the store and came home and bought three more online.


Did you know that the art of handwriting is one of my favorite things? Even when I was younger, I loved when the teacher would assign vocabular words to define. I took such pride in my neat handwriting and I still love to sit down and write a letter or in my journal. 

My favorite pen to write with a Flair felt tip marker pen. I have them in all colors, but black is my go to.

Another favorite from this week are the Hallmark Christmas movies I've watched. (Two.) Crashing Through Christmas and Holly and Ivy were both so good! I watched one on Wednesday and one on Thursday as I ate my lunch.

My favorite dinner from the week was Tuesday night when we had meatloaf and mashed potatoes. If you've never made Ina Garten's version of meatloaf, you are missing out! It's the best. 


Lastly, starting the process of studying to prepare to write our next Bible study for women at our church is always a favorite. I am on the writing team at my church and this will be our fourth study to write together. 

I have this process that I always go through―I start by reading the book(s) out loud several times, then I read it in different translations of the Bible. I start to kind of try to come up with an outline for myself, thinking about breaks for days and which verses should go with each day, then I just start writing. I pray first and usually it starts to flow. Once I start, it's easier, but getting started is often hard. I started all of this last week, but I really dug in deep yesterday while I was alone in the house. I am starting to get a plan in mind and I made lots of notes. 

Well, that's about all I have for this week. It's your turn! What was something you'd consider a favorite from the week? It can be an item, event or memory. I'd love to hear from you! Thanks for reading my blog. Love to all!

8 comments:

Rebecca Jo said...

I name my cars too - LOL
I love those dresses so much - I am keeping an eye out for the colors I dont have that have been out of stock.

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Rebecca Jo- SAME. Actually, my last car is the first I'd ever named and I don't know if I'll ever love a car name more than I loved Madame Blueberry, which was my sons' favorite Veggie Tales movie when they were little. She was round and blue and looked exactly like a blueberry! Whatever makes us smile, right? Hopefully you'll be able to find some of these dresses! Have a great weekend!

Cathy said...

I don't name my cars, but I think it's a neat idea. I like either Peri or Dory of your picks. I really like your dress. I haven't worn a dress in years, but I might would wear one like that...really cute.

Spending some quiet evenings at home with my hubby. Actually doing anything or nothing with my husband is always a favorite.

Hope you have a great weekend.

Joanne said...

I vote Dory but I am a HUGE Disney fan. LOL.

Maria Rineer said...

My husband has been super busy at work, too. It is a good problem to have as it pays the bills. But,I feel badly for how much he works, especially in the summer when I don´t work at all. Your handwriting is so neat!

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Thanks, Cathy! I love evenings at home with my hubby as well, or just anything related to quality time together. I hope you had a great weekend!

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Thanks, Maria! You're so right about it being such a good problem to have...I wonder if they see it that way? Lol. I hope you had a great weekend!

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Joanne- I'm leaning that way too!

Good Friday Favorites, 3.29.2024.

  Happy Good Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week...