Thursday, May 27, 2021

things I love on Thursdays

 

Happy Thursday, friends! I thought I'd share a few things I am loving right now that are new to me. I always figure that if something interests me, it might interest others as well. This is a previously unmentioned and very random assortment of things. 

First up is this rainbow colored handle for my water bottle. My husband laughed at me for buying this, but I couldn't comfortably carry my water bottle with me when I had lots of other things in my hand at the same time, like when I'm leaving for church or to go somewhere with my mom and sister. This strap is cute, affordable and is bright enough to remind me of summer. I love it and don't regret the purchase. 

Next on the list is the show that one of my best friends told me to watch MONTHS ago, but that I'd forgotten about until today. It's so good! I've never heard of Coffey Anderson and his wife Crisilla, but they're the cutest couple ever. He's an independent country music singer (or was, at least) and she's colon cancer survivor and professional dancer. This is just a show about their lives, but the thing I most love about them is how they parent their three kiddos and that they love Jesus.



You could watch this with your kids or your husband, and both would love it. 

I'm still on a reading kick and finished another book today. It wasn't a favorite of mine that I've read, but I am loving going back and reading some of her books that I've missed over the years. 


Like I said, this one wasn't my favorite by her, but it was still really good. I have another one to read by her soon that I've not read yet, but I will probably wait a few more weeks before I start on that one. I'm seeing my mom today and hanging out with her, so I plan on asking if she minds if we stop by the library on our way out.


I picked up a new bottle of nail polish while I was at the grocery store on Tuesday and gave myself a pedicure yesterday. I love this color, but I don't love the brush that you use to apply it, so Mom gave me a brilliant idea—to use a brush from an old bottle of polish after it's been cleaned really well. Isn't that a great idea? I love the polish and how it goes on, but I never buy this brand because the brush is too wide. Also, I never wear lighter colors like this on my toes, so I'm shocked that I love it as much as I do. 

Y'all—I will ALWAYS love weddings. Also, I did not take this picture but shared it to my phone from the bride's page. Todd and I went to this wedding last Friday night and it was so beautiful! I will always love weddings and I will always cry at them. Graham has been friends with the groom Jared for several years now and I've enjoyed getting to know sweet Madison over the last year, when we met at my house and talked for two hours and I painted her fingernails. Like I said, this is all such a random post and random little facts. 


Wasn't she a beautiful bride? It was a fun night, even if my husband did stress me out by almost making us late. 🤣 Somehow, he did manage to get us there on time, but I won't mention how fast he went to ensure that happened.

I bought and love this new body lotion! 


I am very particular about lotions—I want it to smell good, but the scent can't be too strong or my skin breaks out. This is thick and creamy without being greasy and it has a very light and refreshing coconut smell. I like it so much that I went ahead and subscribed to it on Amazon to save money and set it up to deliver every three months. I usually use the Bath & Body Works brand in the summer, but it's expensive and the lotion isn't that great. This brand is really good and it's cheap! 

Well, that's about all I've got. I could probably sit and come up with more, but it's late on Wednesday night and I need to hit the sack. Thanks for reading! Love to all. 

2 comments:

  1. That polish is so pretty and your nails always look so nice. It is fun to find a new lotion! Enjoy your holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's one way that I treat myself every three weeks. I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

What's Up Wednesday

  Happy Wednesday, friends! I'm joining in with  Sheaffer  and  Shay  for today's blog post. I'm going to jump right in, and the...