Thursday, May 20, 2021

Friday Favorites, 5.21.21

 


Happy Friday! I'm linking up with Andrea for this weekly blog post.

I have to start this post by saying that my favorite twins have been at the beach with their friends all week and I have MISSED THEM! It's been so quiet here at home with them gone all week. Drew has been home in between his morning and afternoon shifts at work, but he doesn't talk to me in the daytime hours. 🤣


I have loved seeing the pictures from this week. They've had the time of their lives and their second mama took all of these and texted us each day. The weather hasn't been cooperative for them all week, but everyday except for two, they were able to ride jet skis all day long. They also drove these little buggies all over the place and would take it to go eat or just to drive around.




Their favorite meal came last night—Jonah ate lobster mac and cheese and Noah had a pan full of shrimp. My mouth watered a little as I wrote that sentence! 

I am so grateful for these friends—it's not been the easiest year or two for any of them and these friendships were born out of that. If that's what it took to gain these sweet friends, then it was worth the price they paid. I'm so, so grateful to my friend Amy and her husband Al for being their beach parents all week long as they invited them on this trip. They've had the time of their lives! 




Reading has been my favorite past time this week and I've had loads of time to do so. I wrote a blog post about each of the books I've been reading and loved lately, so scroll down to read it if you're interested! All of these authors are my favorites.

Welcome to your mid-forties when your prescribed glasses no longer work, but these readers from Amazon do. I bought them over the weekend last week and they came on Monday. They work so good! They came in a four pack, believe it or not and they're readers AND blue light blocking. Below is a link, if you're interested.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08QTXCYF9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Weddings are my favorite!



Their best friend from childhood, also named Drew, was married to this beautiful lady on Sunday afternoon and one of the prettiest wedding venues I've ever been to. The whole wedding was beautiful and so thoughtfully planned, down to the very last detail. For some reason, I reacted strangely to this and cried so easily that whole day. Drew walked his mom down the aisle and before she sat down he hugged her for so long and in such a tight embrace. She was on the verge of blubbering and so was I. I can't hardly write that without getting teary. I borrowed this photo of the married couple from my friend Marcia, because I didn't get one.


Church notes are my favorite thing to journal. The sermon my pastor preached on Sunday was phenomenal! It was on how to have a radical prayer life. 


I love our home all year long, but she may just be my favorite when it's warm outside. Our flower beds look good, our house looks good, I'm just thrilled that we have such great curb appeal after almost eighteen years of being here. 

I'm leaving you with my new favorite song by Elevation Worship and Maverick City Music. I keep all of their songs on repeat right now. 


Here's three more songs I love by them—Talking to Jesus, Jireh and Names of God. 

How was your week? I'd love to hear from you! Thanks for reading my blog, friends. Love to all. 

6 comments:

Joanne said...

Love the new header photo!! Weddings, graduations... you just need a birth somewhere in there and you're hitting all those milestones. I love a good wedding and we haven't been to one in ages.

Bri Runde said...

You have a beautiful home. ❤️

Carolyn said...

You surely have a beautiful home! If you don't mind me asking, how did you learn the style of hand-writing you use in your Church note? I just love it!

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Thanks, Joanne! I agree- we are definitely hitting some big milestones. Tis the season, I suppose. We had another wedding this weekend! I love a good wedding! I cry every single time. ❤️

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Thank you, Bri! ❤️

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Thank you, Carolyn! It's really mostly the way that I write- I have always loved handwriting and taking notes. I have learned to not put too much thought into it, or I mess it all up or make it messy. I think practice is the best key, so I write a lot- Scripture, lists, I journal, I take notes on podcasts, books and sermons. The more you do something, the better you become. ❤️ I hope that helps some!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...