Monday, March 22, 2021

weekending

 


Happy Monday, friends! I am linking up with Tanya today for her Hello Monday linkup. 


My weekend started off with my dad. He came over on Friday and we had a really good time together as usual. We had hot dogs, chips and baked beans for lunch. I always make him coffee while he's here and also as usual, Callie sat at his feet and followed him around everywhere he went. Callie is our German Shepherd and she ADORES my dad. It's really sweet how protective of him she is. He always tells me she's his favorite dog that we have. ;)

I took him home and came home to make dinner, of which NOBODY ate except for me. Everyone had plans or wasn't hungry. Todd worked that night and everyone was busy doing their own thing.

On Saturday I went out with my mom and Trish. We had lunch and went to an antique shop called Southern Vintage. I haven't been there in ages and bought two things. One is a cute saying painted on a sign and the other is this turquoise birdcage. I'm thinking of leaving it at my table, it's so cute there! I originally bought it for the deck.


I also loved this tea towel, took a picture of it and texted it to my best friend.


I came home and got comfy and finished the book I was reading, then I ate some black beans and rice for dinner and caught up on New Amsterdam. Then I started a new show, One Tree Hill. I'm not sure how I missed out on this show all these years, but it's good and I watched a shameful amount of episodes last night. (And again today.)

Church was bright and early this morning, then I came home for lunch and sat with Todd for a bit, then I had choir practice at three this afternoon. I was back home and comfy by six and here I sit, watching this show and working on blog posts for the week. Church was SO GOOD today and so was choir practice, though my voice still hasn't recovered. I suppose I haven't pushed hard to sing like I did today at practice since one year ago. Our old worship pastor always pushed us like our new one does now and I'm out of practice. I was laughing at myself over this, because it made me feel old while we were rehearsing. Insert face palm emoji here.


Meanwhile, Twinkles the cat has lost her marbles and meows to go outside ALL. THE. TIME. and then she practically cuddled up next to Chip over the weekend. 

Other good things from the weekend include, but are not limited to, the following:

Noah got home yesterday! He was out of town with Alex and his family, and I missed him so much.

I have somehow managed to stay caught up on laundry. It's a miracle.

I spent quality time alone with the dogs.

I found a new show to watch!

I also succeeded in FINALLY getting Mom and Trish to watch Gilmore Girls, my all time favorite show of all of my favorite shows.

It was so good having a worship pastor again! I appreciate the people who led us throughout 2020 and how they volunteered their time and efforts to make it smooth in the year without an actual worship pastor. They all did a phenomenal job and I could never thank them enough.

There are so many other things that I'd normally be able to think of, but I am about to fall asleep, so I'll wrap this up. Thanks for reading my blog! Love to all. 

6 comments:

Memphis Bridges said...

So thankful you get time with your Dad! I will have to look up that store. Have a great Monday!

Tanya said...

I love hearing about your time with your dad. I miss our old german shepherd Rosie - she was so sweet! Hope you have a wonderful week. Thanks for linking up with Hello Monday! Tanya - The Other Side of the Road

Joanne said...

Aw, that afternoon with your dad sounds so sweet. I was just happy to talk to mine for the first time since... I don't know... Christmas?!

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Marilyn- you have to go there! They're having a big tent sale on Saturday. Have a great week!

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Tanya- thank you! I love our time together. Your old pup sounds as sweet as Callie...it must be in their breed. It's the sweetest thing ever to watch. Have a great week!

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Thanks, Joanne! That's good that you talked to your dad, too! Any time, no matter the outlet, is better than no time. Have a great week!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...