Tuesday, February 23, 2021

what's for dinner?

 

Happy Tuesday, friends! I thought it'd be helpful to do another what's for dinner post this week, especially since I made it to the grocery store this week and found everything I needed. (I wasn't expecting that.)

I'll start with last night. We had nachos! I love anything and everything Mexican themed. Our nachos were simple and I just did the meat, cheese, lettuce, tomato, salsa, sour cream and jalapeno. Sometimes I do this same thing with rice and tostados or with taco shells. On days when I remember to buy the white queso is when the boys like it most. I forgot that Monday, though.

Tonight we're having grilled chicken and grilled veggies with roasted potatoes. This is my FAVORITE! 

There will be leftovers on Wednesday for anyone who wants them, because I'll be at church. On Thursday we're having grilled hot dogs and tater tots. Friday is up in the air still.

I also struggle with having lunch things for the people who are here. While I was at Kroger Monday, I loaded up on fresh veggies and fruit, because sometimes that's what I like to eat. (So does Drew.) I also bought tuna (and celery for it) and I have boiled eggs in the fridge. We eat those either as they are or in egg and olive salad. I keep ramen noodles on hand because Jonah and Noah love them and we always have tons of sandwich makings. My sons have never been sandwich people, so that makes it tricky for me when I'm shopping. I also always have to have something sweet on hand, because who doesn't get a sweet tooth from time to time? Sometimes I'll actually make dessert, but I keep break and bake cookies and packages of cookies on hand as well. 

People ask me all the time about our grocery bill each month, with five grown men living in the house and I always tells them I spend the same amount every single week at Kroger: $150 give or take a few dollars. This doesn't include our many, many Costco trips for other essentials like toilet paper, dog food, coffee and meats. We rarely (never really, thanks to Covid) eat out and we all love good food. I'd much prefer to make it, because I know it'll usually taste better than any restaurant. Except for Mexican! There's nothing like that.


This picture above cracks me up, we weren't really eating like that. Not quite. ;)

Your turn! What's for dinner (or lunch) at your house all week? I'd love to hear from you! Thanks for reading my blog, love to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I can't believe it's already this day in the week. Wasn't it just yesterday that I was getting ready ...