Monday, August 24, 2020

Hello Monday/Life Lately

 


Happy Monday, Friends! I'm linking up with Tanya from The Other Side of the Road for this weekly (and lately, only) blog post.

Life has been busy lately. That is my excuse for not blogging much lately. I've been lazy at night and have stopped writing these posts before the morning comes, so that makes a huge difference. For myself, I want to be better at this as a goal for my week. I really do miss being on here when I don't make the time to write.. 

Here's a little catching up from last week and some of what went on this weekend. Spoiler alert: it wasn't much.

All my sons are back home under one roof, which is always a relief. Drew, Noah and their friend Jarrett spent last week in Daytona Beach, Florida. They had a great time, but I was relieved when they made it back home safely yesterday afternoon. (I took this picture last week as they were leaving.) They were all here for thirty minutes, then most of them left for a wedding. (Yes, they have friends getting married now~weird.)

While they were gone, I watched two movies. Todd was working, so I was here alone. I watched a cheesy movie on Prime TV called Home Sweet Home and then another cheesy movie from twelve years ago, Twilight. Don't make fun, but I'm watching them all again this week. I need a refresh, because I read the books when they came out years ago and after a decade, there is a brand new one to the collection. Laugh all you want, go ahead, but you'd be surprised at how good they are.

This was pretty much how the dogs spent the weekend and all of last week: on the couch instead of their new beds. What a life they live.

I drove Jonah out to a muffler shop one day last week, and this was the picture I shared that day on social media. Drew is always bringing home trinkets his kids make for him where he works at a Christian daycare and I think it's the sweetest thing ever. Speaking of Drew, will you pray for him? He starts nursing school again this week and all of it is online, even his clinicals. We expected the classes to be online, but clinicals? How is that going to work? I don't know the answer, but this is one of those times when the Lord is showing me an opportunity that I can use this time to trust Him and His plan.

(I drove Drew's truck that day I took this picture and this hangs on his mirror.)

Jonah and Noah also begin their senior year this week, but there probably won't be pictures. 

Meanwhile, this is me anxiously awaiting September, when I pull out all of the fall decor. Look at all these cute pumpkins from Hobby Lobby! I didn't buy any, but I do love some fall decorations.

I'm so ready for fall weather! Look at all these yummy colors of shirts I bought last week. Give me all the neutrals this year! Leopard, olive green, cognac, navy, muted camouflage...I love all these earthy colors right now. (I do have one jade green thrown in this mix.)

I bought one shirt in every color I could find. Do you do that? I don't love shopping for clothes, so this works well for me.

My dad came over on Friday, and we had the best day together. We were cracking up when I took this picture. Some days we just laugh a lot and this was definitely that day.

I don't have proof in a picture, but for the first time since late February, my husband and I went out to dinner at a restaurant. We've done take-out, but this weekend we went to Osaka for hibachi, and it was SO GOOD.

I read a lot this weekend, I went to church yesterday, then I ended the weekend with the movies I watched last night. That will be on repeat this week, since my husband is busy every night this week. I plan on making movies my thing this week so I can read that book I mentioned. I am busy every day with something just about, except for maybe one day this week~Thursday. It seems this is the season of life right now for this, but it does come and go in spurts. The rest of my week will include making dinner for the high school Bible study I've been a part of in recent weeks, helping a friend out with stuff at her house, writing some (hopefully!), updating this blog, cleaning and going through some things here at home (I've been lazy), and aiming to do better with healthy eating. I'm still eating mostly healthy stuff, but I've been more prone to "cheating" than I have been in past weeks. 

Well, thanks for reading! Love to all. 

2 comments:

  1. I do often buy multiples of clothing pieces when I find something I like. It's just easier that way. I've been thinking I either need to re-watch the series or re-read the books before picking up the newest Twilight too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny, I'm glad I'm not alone in that! You should definitely rewatch them all, it's helping me to remember. I'd forgotten a lot! I can't wait to read the latest book. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I can't believe it's already this day in the week. Wasn't it just yesterday that I was getting ready ...