Friday, July 31, 2020

Friday Favorites




Happy Friday, Friends! I'm linking up with Andrea from Momfessionals for this blog post. 

If you're new here, or if you haven't read my blog before, this past week and a half was not my favorite. Two of my four sons had their wisdom teeth extracted last week. Jonah had SIX teeth removed last Monday and Drew had his four removed on Friday. This is not for the faint of heart! You know who is my favorite, throughout all of this? My husband. He made things so much easier. I don't remember when I've been so thankful for him...and I try to always be thankful for this man of mine. He's the best.

They're much better now, the two of them and are almost completely back to normal and eating just about anything they want. 


Scripture writing is my favorite, and Shannon from Swtblessings.com posted the new August plan. Would you like to join me in this? I have been doing this for at least five years now, and I can honestly say that sometimes the days that I read the passage before I write, it's like the Lord Himself reached out and picked the verses out just for me. The Word of God is living and active! I love what my Pastor says—that as a believer reads the Word, the Word reads the believer. That's what that "living and active" means...it's able to perceive our thoughts and intentions.

I know from experience in doing this that the more you write out Bible verses, the more you remember them.



My favorite author is Robin Jones Gunn, and that top book you see pictured is maybe the best series of books I have ever read. That's saying a lot, because I love series of books. I flew through that book way too fast. The second one you see pictured is an older series by her, and this book in particular, Secrets, was her first adult fiction novel! It has a bunch more in the series and I already owned the first three books, but barely remember reading them. I bought the other books to finish out my series the other night, and they're on their way to me as I write this. Books are my favorite and I love receiving copies of them that are new to me.


This is my favorite brand of spiced chai tea. I've been on a kick with this lately in the afternoon. It reminds me of Christmas! 

I needed to get out of my house on Wednesday, so my mom came and picked me up and we spent the morning together. She needed to run an errand and I needed to run an errand, so we did that and ate lunch at my favorite Mexican food place. Our days out together are always some of my favorite times. 



These are a couple of my favorite verses I came across last week. I love creating images for them on my YouVersion app on my phone. I have a whole file in the photo section of my phones for these, and I love sending them to people in a text.


This is one of my favorite pictures of my niece Erika, taken the night before she delivered her second set of twin girls! Isn't that something?! I cannot wait to report to you about these little angels that are new to our family, but out of respect and privacy for Erika and Kyle, I'll wait until after the weekend is over before I share about them. 

Other favorites from the week: 

I love the current color on my nails, it's my favorite magenta-pink. I love getting my nails done every few weeks, it's definitely a treat for me.

We've had some good dinners this week—hamburgers, which are always a favorite for all of us, and grilled chicken with veggies. My husband has perfected the grill over these hotter months. It's been nice not having to depend upon the stove or oven for dinner a few nights a week. 

I bought a new immersion blender this week from Amazon. I've mentioned my favorite coffee drink on here beofre that I love to make at night...well, I needed a new immersion blender to make them, because I accidentally fried the motor in our old one. Also, it was 24 years old, so it was time for an upgrade. This one came with attachments, including a milk frother! I can't wait to use that part.

For anyone who is interested, my favorite coffee drink is low calorie and tastes somewhat like a milkshake. All I do is pour leftover coffee into a big plastic cup, add in a few ice cubes, a splash of milk and a tablespoon of chocolate syrup and blend it all together. It gets all frothy on top, then I add in a few more ice cubes, one more tablespoon of chocolate syrup and stir it together. It's so good! If I had to guess on the amount of leftover coffee, I would guess it was two cups worth of leftover, room temperature coffee. Not two mugs—two actual cups as in the measurement. You should try it, it's delicious.

Well, that's about all I've got for this week. Thanks for reading along! Love to all. 

P.s. If you're new, follow me on Instagram! My username is jenlloydgoodwin.

4 comments:

Tanya said...

Whew, you must be worn out from all that wisdom tooth drama! Just handling my daughter was enough for me. Hope you have a good weekend!

Just Jess said...

I love her scripture writing plans. I bounce between her plans and the Cultivate What Matters Write The Word Journals.

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Tanya~I kinda was! I was so glad for a normal weekend again. They're both back to normal and are back to eating all their usual favorites. Thanks, have a great Monday!

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Just Jess~I haven't heard of that other one! I'll have to check it out. Thanks for stopping by!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...