Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Tuesday


I have grand plans for today.  My pantry and I will be spending quality time together today.  It's been terrible since the whole pandemic thing happened, and with six of us living here, you can imagine how out of hand it can quickly become. 

I love the kind of week when I know everything that is for dinner already.  I know we're all the same right now~in a cooking rut because nobody ever gives suggestions.  I tell them if they don't give me ideas or requests, they have to eat what I like.  Thankfully, none of them are the type to complain.  Last night we had spaghetti, salad and garlic bread.  Tonight we're having chicken on the grill, along with veggies of some sort.  Wednesday night I have to be at church during the dinner hour, so I won't be cooking.  Thursday night we'll have cabbage with smoked sausages and cornbread, and one weekend night we will have beer cheddar Joe's, since I never made that last week.

What are your dinner plans for this week?  Do share!

Also happening this week is my husband being gone a lot at night.  Church starts back this coming Sunday, and he will be there to help with all the technical things.  That's why I'll be there Wednesday night, too, for praise team rehearsal.  I'm so excited to be starting back to church!  I wasn't scheduled to help with worship this week, but a sweet young friend asked me to fill in for her since she'll be working.  With Todd gone, I foresee watching a lot of streaming tv.  I am not complaining about that. 

What are you watching right now?  I would love to hear suggestions for that as well!  I'm currently re-watching Parenthood, but I also love Gilmore Girls, Grey's Anatomy, Madam Secretary, and Friday Night Lights.  I have several shows in my queue as well, but I'd love some more!

I plan on finishing the book I'm reading today.  I have a little less than half left, then I have one more in the series, then the new one I got received last week.  These are all books by Robin Jones Gunn.  There are several by her that I'm missing, so I'm hoping to start ordering them from some place online soon.  I don't care if they're used or not, but these books are hard to get ahold of, even at the library, and I don't want to spend a fortune.

Are any of you doing a Bible study right now?  I have a couple at home that I've not yet started, but I'm thinking of ordering one this week.  I am always reading in the Bible, and right now I'm doing the chronological Bible, but I want more in depth.  I'm leaning towards a Kay Arthur Precept Upon Precept study, or one by Jen Wilkin.  I am planning on reading a book over the summer with the women in my church, as well, Adorned by Nancy DeMoss Wolgemuth.  Don't think that'll keep me too busy, it won't.  The book is just reading, but a study is more in depth and what I'm craving.  If you have thoughts on that, I'd love to hear those as well.  I'm just full of things I'm looking for help with, so if you have thoughts, please share them. 

Well, thanks for reading, friends.  Love to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...