Thursday, May 14, 2020

Thursday.


Anyone else feeling the sentiment of this?  I'd love for this to be a motivational post that gives all of us new dinner ideas.  I thought I'd share mine from the week.

One night we had roasted turkey breasts covered with Cajun seasoning, oven-roasted potatoes with olive oil and "everything but the bagel" seasoning, green beans and rolls.  It was really good, and those turkey breasts are delicious when you follow the instructions.  You cook them at 325 degrees for about two hours and they're perfect every time.  All my sons love this, and because they're all grown and have huge appetites, I buy two of the small turkey breasts to feed them all. 


We had hamburgers on the grill on Wednesday night.  I love mixing French onion soup mix into the hamburger mixture for mine.  It flavors them unbelievably well, and every time I make these, they're gobbled up faster than I can write this sentence.  We have to make extras when we make these.  This is also my husband's new thing to do on our new grill. 

Thursday night (I'm writing this on Wednesday night) we are having chicken fajitas.  For this, I marinate chicken in a bit of taco seasoning, cumin powder, and olive oil.  Todd will do this on the grill as well, and we'll bring it all in and cut it into chunks.  While he grills, I will sautee mushrooms (in butter, worcestershire sauce, and a splash of soy sauce), bell peppers and onions.  I'll have shredded cheese to garnish them, along with sour cream, salsa, and if we're lucky, avocado.  I just eat mine with a rolled up tortilla in my hand, and I eat them with a fork.

We may have pizza Friday night, because Noah is working and it's been a minute since we've had that.  I have a bit of hamburger meat leftover, so I may do some beer cheddar Joe's on Saturday night.  (I may have to buy some more meat for this.)  I got this recipe from Shay at Mix and Match Mama, but just Google Shay Shull's "beer cheddar Joe's".  The boys love this and I love to eat the mixture over rice. 

That's about it for our meals this week.  What are things you've made and eaten this week?  I'd love to hear!  Thanks for reading, love to all.




2 comments:

Memphis Bridges said...

These menu ideas sound so good, especially those turkey breasts. I love the "everything but the bagel" seasoning and use it almost daily. We had Stouffers lasagna, salad and homemade bread one night and I use my air fryer almost every night to either cook meat or roast veggies. Tonight is leftovers :).

Jennifer Goodwin said...

They are so good! You should give them a try. I love that seasoning! Your dinner sounds so good! I love that lasagna and haven't had it in forever. I may try that one night next week. We are contemplating an air fryer!

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...