Monday, March 23, 2020

Monday {quarantined edition}


As far as weekends go, this one was good.  I got to get out on Sunday, which was so nice.  It was also incredibly weird, because I haven't been out that much in two weeks worth of time.

My husband worked a couple of shifts with the sheriff's department over the weekend, and I spent a couple of nights here with the tv to myself.  I watched some episodes of Call the Midwife, and I got caught up on my other shows.  I'm so bummed that season finales are coming up soon, and think it's so dumb how fast the shows go by now.  When I was young, a show would go from September-May.  Not we'll be lucky if a show makes it to April.

(First world problems.)


This was me on Saturday morning, when I made the horrible decision to watch the movie A Dog's Purpose.  I sobbed uncontrollably the entire movie.  I don't recommend watching it.

After that I switched to cooking shows.

I wrote some on this day, and I had my quiet time as normal and came across this.


I love coming across Dad's handwriting in my One Year Bible.  We have passed this Bible back and forth as we've read it over the years.


This was me at church on Sunday.  There were a very few select people there to put on the livestream service our church did.  We had a praise team and we led in worship, and then our pastor preached from the pulpit.  It was so good!  It was also extremely strange.  It was odd to sing to just a small group of people, knowing the majority were watching on screens in their living rooms.  It was weird seeing people when I haven't been out much in almost fourteen days.  It's still strange not hugging people, and I am a hugger!

I saw this and laughed because it's how I feel:


I also saw this on a friend's Facebook and laughed out loud, because duh.

I know you all must feel the same as me, about how we're in the kitchen all the time these days and that we keep on having to feed our people.  In light of that, what are y'all having for dinner this week?  I know I am in need of some ideas, and I'm sure you could use some as well.  Here is what I'm thinking for our week so far, but of course it's always subject to change:

Monday night: roasted turkey breast, broccoli and homemade macaroni and cheese
Tuesday night: breakfast casserole, pancakes, and fruit
Wednesday night: leftovers, and/or salad, sandwiches (they can pick and choose, but I'll have leftovers and toppings for salad)
Thursday night: stir fry veggies (and hopefully chicken) and rice (or fried rice)
Friday night: open for suggestions

By planning the week out this way, I won't have to go grocery shopping until Wednesday morning, hopefully, and it'll be for milk, eggs, and lunch things.

I'd love to hear your plans for another week at home and dinner ideas.

Thanks for reading!  Love to all.

2 comments:

Tanya said...

That must have been so strange leading worship with no one there. Thank you so much to your husband for doing his job in these strange times. Last week, we had a pasta night, pulled pork sandwiches, grilled chicken, and chicken enchiladas. I'm not sure about this week. All I know is that we're ordering pizza tonight. :)

Jennifer Goodwin said...

It really was! And thank you for that. I'll pass that on to him. All those things sound great. I never know from day to day what the stores are going to have, so I'm flying by the seat of my pants! Pizza is ALWAYS a good idea. ;)

Good Friday Favorites, 3.29.2024.

  Happy Good Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week...