Monday, January 6, 2020

weekending


This picture pretty much sums up this first Monday of the year, am I right?  I know it's how I feel, as this week, things return to normal.  I've written down things in my weekly planner/calendar, I've thought about meals (because guess who hasn't been?!), I've moved things around for this week, and I'm already tired.  I had hoped to have one complete day at home this week, but it's not working out that way, so I guess I'll finish the painting next week. 

Oh, and about the whole not cooking or thinking about meals, one thing I've made twice this weekend are those yummy no bake chocolate-peanut butter-and oats cookies.  I just ate two of them, as I was typing.  Those are my favorite cookies and are so easy.  I got the recipe from Shay Shulls (MixandMatchMama.com) years ago, and they are fool-proof. 

Anyway.  It was a great weekend.  I kicked it off by being with Dad all day Friday.  Todd and Graham came home a little early because they had a call out (with the sheriff's department on a missing person, whom they did end up finding), and then when they left, I took Dad home.  I made a bad decision and got Zaxby's for dinner, and it made my stomach hurt.  BLEH.  I went to bed early, and the boys had made it back home hours before. 

Also, on Thursday of last week, Drew's friend Zack texted me and asked if he could come here for the weekend to surprise Drew and spend two nights with us, to which I answered that of course he could!  Drew was shocked, and Zack got here about five minutes after Drew had been home from work.  I know they had a great time together.  They went to some local basketball games, they bowled, they watched football here, they had a guys' poker night on Saturday night, and they ended by going to church on Sunday, then to lunch, and then to a final basketball game. 

On Saturday, I went to Costco for a few things, mainly coffee, and then I went to the library and stocked up on some books.  I came home and started and finished the first one, and man!  It was so good.


It was The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren.  I'm giving it a strong PG 13 rating, because of language and a couple of scenarios that I skipped over.  Other than that, it was really good and I could not put it down.  I think I broke my record and read those four hundred pages faster than I ever have before.  It only took me about three hours to read it from start to finish.

After that, we went to some friends' house with another couple for dinner, and had fun just sitting and chatting.  We rarely all see each other, and it was nice to get to sit and talk.  Next time we're playing games, though.  ;)

On Sunday, I was at church, along with my hubby, by eight thirty.  It was such a sweet morning of worship!  I loved every single song we sang, and I was privileged to be able to help lead in worship and sing a duet with my worship pastor.  I love the song we sang, it's one of my very favorites, and it's called Psalm 23, by the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir.  You should listen to it, it's so good!

After church, Toddley and I grabbed some Popeyes and brought it home to eat.  I took a nap, the boys all came and left again for whatever reason, and then Missy came and picked me up for church.  Todd worked last night, and we like to sit together.  Noah worked, as well, so we were all over the place.  It was a really great weekend.  How was yours?

I'm looking forward to getting things back to normal this week.  I'll be going to work some at our church this week, which I haven't done in ages, it seems.  (I volunteer.)  And then I have plans for today with my mom, tomorrow with my mom-in-love, and then I have a meeting on Wednesday and I'm meeting with one of the girls I used to help teach that same night for coffee so we can catch up before she goes back to school later this week.  It'll be Friday again in a blink.

Well, thanks for reading!  Love to all. 

No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...