Friday, January 17, 2020

Friday Favorites {edition three of 2020}


Happy Friday, friends!  I'm linking up with Andrea from Momfessionals, and her friends, for this blog post.

It has been a WEEK!  It was every bit as busy as last week, actually a little more, and I am looking forward to a day of nothing today.  Normally my dad comes over on this day each week, and I will miss him terribly, but I'm also kinda glad to have a reason to stay comfy all day long.  Even Jonah said to me last night that I'd been gone a lot this week.  I don't always like weeks like this, but it couldn't be helped.

Most of you know that I help my friend Amy with the women's ministry at church, and this was the week our Bible study started back.  We had to meet for several hours about that one day, and then I was there the following day to help out with the actual Bible study (we offer an a.m. option and a p.m. option), and to put out coffee and refreshments for the morning group.  Then I was back at church that afternoon around four to set up some rooms and to pray with a sweet group of ladies.

I'm going to be really honest for a few minutes, here.  I lead one of the small groups on Wednesday nights, and I am always a nervous wreck before that time each week.  I always pray over it all before we start, and I like to get there really early to set up my room and to pray over each seat.  Sometimes that eases my nerves, and sometimes, it does not.  I thought I'd be okay by the time last night rolled around, but I was so nervous!  I think it was because I was a little busy placing people in groups who hadn't signed up online, and it all just escalated by the time we went to small groups.  I'm rolling my eyes at all this, because though I've done this a lot before, my nerves always kick in.  I guess it's a good thing in a way, that I'm not overly confident.  I desperately need Jesus!  Always, but especially when I do something outside of my comfort zone.

Anyway, last night was just an introduction night as we all started the process of getting to know each other.  I opened us up in prayer, I talked a little about the homework and workbook and what each week would look like, and then we just went around the room and shared a little about ourselves.  By the time fourteen of us had shared, it was almost time to go.  We talked for a few minutes, and then I asked someone else to close us in prayer, and then I dismissed everyone ten minutes early.  And that's about how each week goes, but along with discussing the homework.  It's not brain science or anything, but I need women to talk.  I'm not a teacher.  I'm not being self deprecating, I literally am not a teacher according the spiritual gift tests I've taken.  I can lead and facilitate, but teaching?  No.

I don't know why I shared all that, but if you read that and you know me at all, please pray for me each week.  This seems to be the year that God is getting me out of my comfort zone.  My best friend and I were talking about this yesterday, and it's true for the both of us.  He's got her teaching women Chronological Bible Study, and I'm doing the small group thing, but I'm also working on something I'm writing with some other ladies from my church.  I'm excited to do these things, but none of it is easy, at least to me, and more than one time, I've felt VERY overwhelmed and intimidated.  I have to be careful there, with that intimidation, because I think that is a work from the enemy.

Needless to say, if you pray for me, it would not be wasted.  Thank you, friends.

Moving on, I will miss my dad today.


I took this last week as I was getting ready for him to come over.  I'd been doing laundry that morning and cleaning and straightening things up, and in doing all that, I got his spot on my couch ready for him.  I keep that blanket nearby because he gets cold easily.  He has an eye doctor appointment today, so that's why he won't make it to my house, and I think it makes his head bother him after he goes to this appointment.  I totally understand, and will be extra glad to see him next week.  Our Fridays are my favorite.


The Bible reading has been so good this week.  I read about Joseph this week and am almost finished with reading in Genesis.  Up next is Job, which I love, though most people do not.

I am a day behind, though, and I'll use my time today to get caught up again and to do some personal studying on my own.  I had two really sweet mornings with Jesus this week, and He knew I'd need those two days to sustain me for the rest of this week.  I tell people all the time to try to never neglect time with God each day.  I always pray, but for two days in a row this week, I spent a lot longer time in prayer, and I could feel the Lord so near to me.  Times like that are always my favorite, and I am looking forward to that again today.

On a much lighter note, I found a new favorite thing from Costco this week.


This bag holds almost four pounds, and costs around $15.  These were DELICIOUS.  Next time I'll buy two bags, and I'll add a couple of other things to the meal that night.  The chicken had the best flavor.  These were teenager and husband approved.

I found a new show on Netflix that is my new favorite.  You may have heard of it, lots of people are talking about on the internet.

Cheer!  I started watching this on Sunday night and I'm dragging my feet, because there are only six episodes.  My niece Erika used to cheer competitively, and this show took me right back to watching her practice and perform.  It's intense!  I keep catching myself holding my breath while watching them do stunts.

I also found a new favorite pen from Amazon, and it's their Amazon Basics brand.


They're comparable to the Papermate Flair felt tip pens, and though they're not the same at all, they are pretty great and cost little to nothing.  These were less than $5, and the Papermate Flair pens have gone up to almost $15!  I refuse to pay that.  Can anyone else testify to school supplies being their favorite thing ever?


This is my newest favorite album to listen to on Spotify.  Particularly, the songs Lead Me, King of Kings, and On and On.

I love music and listen to worship music while I get dressed and while I'm piddling around downstairs in the daytime and don't want the television turned on.

And last, but not least, two of my favorites turned three on Thursday!


I love how much they love each other!  I cannot believe they're three already.  Those years went by so fast!  I don't know if their mommy and daddy can say that, but for the rest of us, it sure did.  I sincerely wish I could be there for their party on Saturday, but I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures.

What are your plans for this weekend?  I'd love to hear!  Thanks for reading my blog.  Love to all!

No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...