Wednesday, October 30, 2019

what's up Wednesday



Happy Wednesday, friends!  I'm linking up with Shay from Mix and Match Mama and Shaeffer from Shaeffer Told Me To for this post, so I'll just jump right in.

What we're eating this week:


This giant pot FULL of chicken tortilla soup!  I made a huge batch of this last night, and three of us were home to eat it.  Three.  I'm rolling my eyes at this.  Drew and I may be the only two that love this so much, but it should freeze really well, so I may end up having to do that. 

What I'm reminiscing about:


Halloween's gone by, like this picture from a whole decade ago.  It's really strange not having any participants in this anymore, but they've aged out and it'll just be another normal night.  I'll hand out some candy if the weather permits, along with my best friend hopefully, and I'll just buy an additional bag for my sons to share.  We used to do this huge family night and get together for this, but we don't really do that anymore since nobody trick or treats these days. 

What I'm loving:

We're still in the process of doing a home remodel, and we're still loving our new windows!  We love opening them on the cooler nights and sleeping with them that way. 


What we've been up to:

See above and home remodel.  Along with everyone working, church responsibilities and the like.  Oh, and three of them busy with school work. 

What I'm dreading:

The end of the holiday season.  I know it sounds funny to dread that, but I would really love to hover in the weeks between Thanksgiving and a few days before Christmas.  They're magical. 

What I'm working on:

Writing more.  The Lord keeps on giving me opportunities for this, and I want to be faithful to Him in doing this.  I just prayed a few minutes ago, thanking Him for the doors He seems to keep opening, and asking Him to guide me in what I write.  I know that if I had to just depend on myself, I would never be able to write at all, but He is always so good and kind to use my quiet times to inspire me. 

What I'm excited about:

Next weekend!  We have a friend getting married near the coast in Mississippi, and we're taking a road trip for the weekend to attend.  Graham is in the wedding, so we need to be there by early afternoon on Friday, and we'll come back home Sunday afternoon.  We didn't go anywhere this year, so I'm really looking forward to some quality time together. 

What I'm watching/reading:


This was me on Saturday night.  The guys were watching football, and I was in the kitchen watching a Hallmark Christmas movie.  I love this time of year! 

I read a lot last week, and have not picked up a book in a week.  I need to be reading the library books I have on hand before I have to return them next week.  In my quiet time, I just finished Hebrews and am moving on to James today. 

What I'm listening to:

Christmas choir music.  And These Christmas Lights by Matt Redman.

What I'm wearing:

Well, this was Mom and me yesterday.


Twinning with the animal prints.

What I'm doing this weekend:

My hubby and oldest son are working all weekend, beginning tomorrow.  So, I'll have the tv all to myself.  I'm also trying to convince myself to paint. 

What I'm looking forward to next month:

Getting my hair colored and trimmed/reshaped on Monday!  My mop needs some serious help. 

And putting up Christmas! 

What else is new:

I think that pretty much sums everything up. 

Thanks for reading!  Love to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

a weekend recap: girls trip edition

  Happy Tuesday, friends! I'm linking up with Joanne today, which is appropriate, since she was one of the ones on my weekend girls tri...