Tuesday, August 13, 2019

a fun birthday celebration with friends

After a busy Saturday, and Sunday at church, after lunch that day I came home and took a nap for about an hour.  The naps are never long on church days, because the boys are in and out all day long.  I was resting up for a night out on the town, in celebration of our friend Teresa turning 50!  We surprised her with a girls night out, and her reaction when she saw us was priceless!  I wish I'd gotten a picture. 

Her best friend came in town for the weekend, also as a surprise, so it was just a great weekend for her.  We had the BEST time.  We went downtown and did touristy things, some that even I have never done.  We went to the Peabody to see the ducks, then we went up to the rooftop to admire the views.



It was hotter than Hades.  It's been that way ever since Sunday here, and I kid you not when I say that you cannot even stand outside doing nothing, and break out in a sweat.  It also makes it incredibly difficult to breathe, if you have any breathing issues at all.  I came home that night and took a cool shower.  It was glorious.  But look how fun!  The rooftop was actually closed because of a private party, but one of the gentlemen who works at The Peabody told us we could go up and do this really quickly. 


My boys always like to go in these phone booths when we go there.  I love this picture.  When I say we had the greatest time that night, I mean that we really had the greatest time. 

After this, we walked to The Majestic Grille, where we had dinner reservations.




We had a yummy dinner, even an appetizer and dessert, and just sat and enjoyed being together.  T's friend Mylinda was fun getting to know, and after hearing so much about her the last couple of years, it was so good to have a face to put with her name. 

We were going to take a trolley ride, but on Sunday nights, the trolley shuts down at six.  I didn't know that, but that will be a fun thing to do on another day.

We walked back to the car and drove to Graceland so Mylinda could see it in person.  Had it not been a thousand degrees, we would have walked up to the mansion, but this was okay, too.  We took a few pictures, then went to The Guest House, the hotel that is right by the mansion.  It's beautiful!


We parked and went inside to see what it looked like, because we had thirty minutes of free parking.




You know how much I love colors, and this hotel did not disappoint.  Everyone should go and visit, if they get the chance.  I would also like to visit Graceland, because I've never been inside.  I am not a fan of Elvis, but I was born and raised here, so I should do this someday. 




After that picture of me with Missy, I put my hair in a ponytail.  You can judge the humidity by how big my hair gets.  I'm rolling my eyes. 

It was the best night!  We kept saying how perfect it all was, and how much fun we were having.  I'm so thankful for godly friends!  I love that we got to meet Mylinda, and I love to sit and talk about the Lord and how good He is. 

I never take friendship lightly, because during my growing up years and into my early adulthood, I struggled with not having good friends.  I remember what that was like and I am often reminded to pray for ladies I know who do not have this.  My closest friends are always ladies I've met at church.  Plugging into a small group brings that, which is one small reason why I think it's so important to be a church goer.  Attending church also brings accountability, encouragement, and a lighter heart.  I cannot imagine a life in which I would be unable to attend, and because of that, I also am reminded often to pray for my brothers and sisters in Christ across the globe who face persecution for their beliefs, and who do not have the luxury that we have here in the States. 

Well, I need to get moving on this day, I just wanted to share more about the weekend before I forget.  I never posted it to social media yesterday, but I also shared about our Saturday.  It was a busy weekend!  Thanks for reading, friends.  Love to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

a day in the life post on a Tuesday

  Happy Tuesday, friends! I'm taking notes from Joanne and Maria ; I decided to write my version of a day in the life post. This will h...