Monday, June 24, 2019

hello Monday link-up and a little bit of weekending


The weekend went by way too fast!  I'm linking up with Tanya from The Other Side of the Road and her friends for this blog post. 

My dad came over a little early on Friday, and he and I went to Olive Garden for lunch.  It was so good!  We both got the soup and salad combo.  I had to make a quick run into Costco, then we came back here for a bit before I took him home, also a little early.  My best friend's brother had a massive stroke last week and ended up passing away early yesterday morning...I say all that to say that a sweet friend from church (Teresa) and I went to the hospital to be with Missy that afternoon.  We stayed for a couple of hours and then left when they were about to leave.  The hospital isn't in the greatest area in town, and while I was not scared to go alone, I was a little iffy about leaving alone.  Parking garages and all that...I am so glad Teresa went with me. 

When I got back home, Todd and the boys here were about to leave for dinner.  He asked me to go, but I opted to stay in and eat leftovers.  It was not a burden. 


Especially once I turned my favorite movie on.  They came back home, and I went to bed shortly after. 

On Saturday, Toddley was up and out of the house by seven something for training with the sheriff's department, and I headed to a friend's house to swim with my sister Trish. 


It was GLORIOUS.  The water was still cool, which I love, and we caught up while we floated around on noodles.  I got some color, but I didn't burn.  I was back home by two and showered, then fell asleep for thirty minutes.  That night, we went to my dad's house to see my niece Amanda, her husband Mike, and my great niece Claire.  They were passing through on their way across country. 



Three out of my four were there (Noah's at beach camp) and Claire and them enjoyed playing tag.  She definitely gave them a run for their money. 

Todd was too sick to go with us, we think he was suffering from dehydration from that morning out in the woods.  Poor thing.  He felt better by the time we got home, and was completely normal again yesterday morning when he woke up. 

I was supposed to have sung on praise team at church yesterday, but after talking to my hubby about it Saturday, we decided I should find someone to cover for me, in case I went to the hospital again with Missy.  I am so glad that he urged me to do that, because I had a text from her when I woke up at six, that her brother was declining quickly.  He ended up passing away pretty early, but I still felt like I wanted to go and be with her, and I'm glad I did that as well.  One of her sons, his wife, her hubby, a pastor and friend from church were there as well, all for Missy.  We didn't stay long, after I got there, and I actually made it back home before church even let out. 

Missy and I were talking about the shortness of life, and not knowing when our time on earth is over, and we have agreed even more so than ever before, that now is not the time to be lazy about sharing the truth of the gospel with those we know and love who are lost.  This time last week, Mike was fine.  Today, he is with his Maker.  If you're not a believer, this is for you. 

"For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life.  For God did not sent His Son into the world that He might condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through Him."  John 3:16-17

Because of mankind's sinfulness and because of God's holiness, we should be forever separated from God.  But God sent His Son Jesus to live and then die on a tree on behalf of the world's sin.  Jesus didn't stay dead, though.  He was buried, and then resurrected three days later.  After His resurrection, He walked on earth for a short time, then ascended into heaven to sit down at the right hand of the throne of God.  Once we believe He is Who His word is says He is, and once we repent of our sin and ask His forgiveness, and believe in Him and accept Him as our Lord and Savior, then we are no longer separated from Him.  Jesus bridged that gap that eternally separated us, when He died, was buried and then resurrected.  It sounds simple, and it is!  Believe.  Repent, and ask forgiveness.  Accept Him as Lord of our lives and Savior.  That's all.  If you've lived a life of wretchedness and did all this now and died right after, you would be in heaven with Him forever. 

Praying is easy, it's just like talking to a friend.  There is no script for this, just talk to the Lord as if you were talking with a friend.  I think sometimes we way over complicate things, but it's all so easy.  We never know when our time on earth will be over.  Let today be the day of your salvation! 

I pray this falls where it needs to fall and that the Lord Himself would use those words out of the bible that I wrote above from John to pierce your heart. 

Love to all. 

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to read about his passing; I am sure you were a great comfort to your friend in her time of need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's brother. What a blessing that you were there for her. Thanks for linking up with Hello Monday! Tanya - The Other Side of the Road

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

Friday Favorites: 4.19.2024.

  Happy Friday, friends! I'm linking up with  Andrea  and  Erika  for today's favorite blog post of the week. How has your week been...