Tuesday, May 28, 2019

the weekend

We had a great weekend, and I didn't even do that much.  My sons were busy, though, and that was part of what made it good.  I love when they have fun, and it does my heart good to have a house full of grown guys and laughter.  It was that way a few times this weekend.  My husband worked with the sheriff's department all weekend, down on Beale Street.  This is a new thing the sheriff's department is doing, and they reached out to ES for some extra help for crowd control and presence.  He worked Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night.  I, on the other hand, did get out and do a few things, but I read a lot and binge watched a show on Hulu. 

If you know me, you know I am fine with that.  If I'm not in a pool, home is where I'd rather be.


This book was GREAT.  In my little reading journal, I gave it five stars.  I've never read this author before, but it's a book that makes you think, and this one takes place between 1986 and 1999/2000.  We even talked about the things that took place in that time last night at my dad's house, thanks to the mention of this.  I love books like that.

I ran a few errands on Saturday, but I ate at home every night.  I've been trying to make things on Thursday/Friday that we can all have for leftovers on the weekends.  The boys like to go out with friends a lot, but usually, it's me and at least one son eating here.  This weekend we ate leftover baked potatoes, with toppings.

We had church on Sunday and I went to lunch with my Mom and Bill afterward, and then they dropped me off at home.  I am praying we get Drew's truck back before Friday June 7, when I go out of town for the weekend.  I really want to drive my car on the trip.


Yesterday I spent the morning reading the bible and updating my prayer page for this week.  I am still loving Acts in our New Testament reading, and I almost always get so much out of it.  These were the verses that jumped out at me in chapter seventeen. 

After this, I spent some time doing laundry, straightening up in the kitchen and just being kinda lazy.  Then for dinner last night, we went to my dad's house, because my sister Terri is in town.  It was lovely night. 


We had pizza for dinner, which I literally never remember having even one time at his house, and then I had salad and fruit along with mine.  I'm craving fruit right now.  I'm going to buy some fruit today and try to replicate what Sandy made for us last night with all the fruit.  It tasted so good to me. 

Today I am running errands with my mom.  She's coming to pick me up this morning, and we'll run around together, and then I'll come home and make dinner.  I'm going out with a few friends tonight, though, with my book club friends.  I can't wait to catch up with them, it's been forever since we've met. 

Well, I'm off to go pack my Jonah his lunch for the day and get him off to work.  Thanks for reading!  Love to all. 

No comments:

Thankful Thursday

  Happy Thursday, friends! I'm so glad you're here today; thanks for joining in with me from time to time. If you're anything li...