Friday, May 31, 2019

Friday Favorites: all things summer


Happy Friday, friends!  I'm linking up with Andrea from Momfessionals, and her friends Erika and Narci, for this blog post. 

I love summer!  In light of that, and that today I am swimming for the first time this season, I thought I'd share a few things about these warmer months that I love.

First up is swimming.  Since I was a little girl, I have LOVED to swim.  Someday, I promise you, we WILL have a home with a pool.  I have always been a good, strong swimmer, and I taught all of my boys, nephews and nieces how to swim at a young age.  All my own have been able to swim since they were three.  These days the only place I have to swim is with my mom-in-love at her neighborhood pool.  I am not complaining about that, trust me, because the pool is nice, and big, and I enjoy the week days we set apart to do this and to catch up with one another.  We all used to go and do this with her, but now it's always just me.  We love our time together each week in the pool, solving all the world's problems.


A lot of times, we practically have the place to ourselves. 

My all time favorite is swimming at night. 


It wasn't night in this picture, but it was cloudy.  You get my drift.

My favorite scent of summer is anything tropical scented.  Think citrus, or coconut.


I actually need to get a new candle.  Would you believe I have burned all mine completely down and have none in the house?!  I really do use them all to the last drop.

I love making easy lemon or lime pies in the summer months, too.  Drew, Noah, and I are the only ones who eat them, but they're delicious and easy to make.  I have the ingredients in the kitchen right now, waiting on me to make one later today.  I'm making lemon today, before all the lemons in the bowl go bad.

I also LOVE the smell of sunscreen that gets baked into the beach towels I keep out all season.


I keep them out, because we have sweet friends who let my boys swim pretty much whenever they want.  I am so thankful for them! 

I love the look of beach towels, too, and all the bright colors.  If you walk into my home, you know we are people who love color.  Each room is a different color, and even though I've thought of changing things up, I don't know if I ever will.  I'm definitely not a beige kind of gal. 


My new mantle lights are my current favorite thing in my living room.  These came from Lowe's a while back, but Target has some great ones right now to choose from.  This is about a six foot strand, I think, which is perfect for a mantle.


Another summer thing I love: all the fresh fruit.  This was lunch the other day, and it's going to be lunch again today.  I can't wait.  My mom-in-love and I will eat our lunch poolside today. 

My current favorite fruit is cantaloupe.  We have two right now that I'm waiting to ripen. 

I also love views like this:


Everything is so beautiful and green.  This was taken from my dad's house on Monday night.

My current favorite type of outfit to wear is this one below.


I wrote about this on Wednesday, but because I'm in a walking boot for six more weeks, I get incredibly hot.  Thanks to a sweet friend who told me about these, I went to Walmart and bought four dresses to get me through the summer.  They are light, and a good fabric that moves well and breathes well, and the price is around $13.   I wear one of these almost everyday.  I have this one you see pictured, a black one, a navy and royal blue one, and a black and white one.  These are probably only available online now. 

I dress them up with a cute sandal and jewelry. 

Well, have a great weekend!  Thanks for stopping by to read.  Love to all. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!

a day in the life post on a Tuesday

  Happy Tuesday, friends! I'm taking notes from Joanne and Maria ; I decided to write my version of a day in the life post. This will h...